D

deleted15807

Last edited by a moderator:

dazedandconfused

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Biden's strong on foreign policy, strong on national security, holds the "experience" card. He plays well with working class and Catholic voters and in states where Hillary was running strong. He's outspoken and well spoken. It may seem a "safe" choice, but it's a good, logical and, in the best sense of the word, politic one. Barack doesn't have any room for mis-steps in this campaign. None at all. (Oh, and people, please don't take this last statement and run with it. That would be too facile. You know what I mean.)

Wrong. Biden doesnt get Obama anything he doesnt already have. And do you really think Hillary voters on the fence about voting Obama are going to vote for him now because of Biden. Since Hillary neither was consulted on a decision nor on the short list, Hillary backers are ticked. The governor from Kansas would been a better political choice.

He should of went with more experience with the cabinet position. Hard to continue his change message (never really defined anyway) when a washington insider is your running mate.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
During today's rally Obama slipped and introduced Biden as "the next POTUS", then corrected himself. Ooops. :biggrin1:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most likely. Plus Biden can bring in the independent, conservative, white, male voter.

independent white conservatives don't vote for moderate white VP's on the undercard for a bi-racial far left liberal.

why would they be voting for the second choice, who also does not reflect their views?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
you can already see the far right calling this ticket "Obama Bin Biden"

besides...considering Biden said that Obama was too inexperienced to be president, and that Biden also supported John McCain to be Kerry's vice president, that is already going out over the airwaves.

Over the next few months, Biden's comments about Obama and McCain are going to be played over and over and over and over again.

If McCain picks ELizabeth Dole, he will lockup the White House.

dc9

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
independent white conservatives don't vote for moderate white VP's on the undercard for a bi-racial far left liberal.

why would they be voting for the second choice, who also does not reflect their views?

One thing I agree with here, I dont think many people vote just because of the running mate. It never really effected me. My question is why are we still having a convention if the VP choice is picked and Obama has all the electorate votes he needs. A chance to have a parade, raise more money, cause dvd rentals to go through the roof or many more visits to LPSG?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One thing I agree with here, I dont think many people vote just because of the running mate. It never really effected me. My question is why are we still having a convention if the VP choice is picked and Obama has all the electorate votes he needs. A chance to have a parade, raise more money, cause dvd rentals to go through the roof or many more visits to LPSG?

well put...

a running mate choice only matters if it is seen as unprecedented or disastrous.

(Quayle-disaster, Ferraro, unprecedented)

which is ironic...since Quayle's running mate won and Ferraro's lost

If McCain picks a woman, (my thought is Elizabeth Dole) it will be another unprecedented chance...and many of those Hillary women who won't vote for OBama, but were holding their nose thinking of voting for McCain, will feel a bit better, knowing that Dole would become the first female VP.

The Biden announcement made no "splash"...McCain can make a huge impression/splash selecting Elizabeth Dole if he wants to. It would also set her up for a White House Run in 2016 or sooner.

ConnerM360

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The funny thing is Biden is a much better choice for president than obama. I dont know alot about him but alot of people here dislike him and why i'm not sure. Where as I think he should of chosen hillary (just because I like her........and in the primaries she got 18 million votes and biden got like 5 thousand). But I don't know (i heard it on the news as well) why obama would have to do any consulting with hillary. I'm with DC I dont know why there is still even a convention if its all decided that is the WHOLE point of the damn convention. Did you know FDR (who got us out of the depression) went into the convention in third place (like john edwards in this case) and came out of it the nominee. Also was anyone watching Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman doing the coverage. It was NAUSEATING! They're questions for their guests were patheticly posed and the guests literally were like "uhhhh yeah chris thats right.......and then would completely ignore there so called 'question' and say something of some actualy importance.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm loving it. Both of these men are able to speak clearly and forcefully without sounding like some sort of wind up doll. They seem to be able to think in real time and respond sincerely. To me that's rare among politicians.

Yes, they both are amazingly articulate. Biden sometimes lacks a filter, though. He speaks his mind and is usually right, but sometimes it gets him in trouble. He is no one's yes man, that's for sure. While everyone else was trying to make Iraq work as a democracy, Biden was saying that we should let Iraq break into separate partitioned regions.

No one listened to him, but like the Baltic states, Russia, and Africa, when you take the lid off of any artificially contrived country, it will default back to the tribalism of the separate cultures it used to be. I don't know if that would be a good thing, a bad thing, or an inevitable thing. I just know he is right about how it usually happens.

I think it is a great choice for VP for a guy with Obama's experience.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
With Biden, Obama has handed the GOP a treasure trove of filter-less gaffes. At times he's been angry, arrogant, if not downright nasty. I have to wonder if there's even enough airtime between now and November for the Republicans to trot out Biden's 30+ year history.