Obama = change = heh.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah this "change" crap catchphrase is so generic and weak. Gee presidential candidate who wants "change". Wow what an original idea! I was reading my local Portland paper this morning about Obama's candidacy and how he is viewed by some local groups. The arcticle STARTS OFF....STARTS OFF by saying how handsome he is and how "impressed" t they are with Michelle,,,how his candidacy will be "historic"..etc...Mentioning nothing about what he stands for politically or what he might do for them as president. People have no substantive reasons as to why they support him,,just that he looks good and offers his change bullcrap message.

Yeeeeeeeep. This is pure unsupported myopia. Somewhat frightening, as we have zero clue what we are getting. I think it's novel to have a newcomer in the executive branch, but this cat is so far out there...

There was a post here, that even included how because of Obama we'll even have lower taxes. Wow. Wow. Wow. Shame you only need to be 18 to vote.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last time I checked, all of that applies to George Bush, who most definitely is not a liberal. Your house is made of glass, watch what you throw.

George Bush is , by far, the most liberal Republican president you can think of. McCain... even more so. Guessing you don't remember Reagan.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think this stuff is tip of the iceberg. People are going to work very hard to come up with reasons to hate Obama, simply because they don't want to admit that they really don't like him because of his ethnicity. When wearing a flag pin can dominate a discussion about the patriotism of a person running for the presidency of the country, all logic and common sense has gone out the window.

You want the CEO of your company to be a fan of the firm.

But believe you me you, there are MUCH more salient questions he either has yet to answer, or yet to have been asked. Gonna be a long hot summer.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think this stuff is tip of the iceberg. People are going to work very hard to come up with reasons to hate Obama, simply because they don't want to admit that they really don't like him because of his ethnicity. When wearing a flag pin can dominate a discussion about the patriotism of a person running for the presidency of the country, all logic and common sense has gone out the window.

That is what scares me the most. To watch the level of stupidity people will stoop to in order to find a reason to hate Obama. I already had to deal with it in pertains to Hillary in the process of Obama getting the nomination. I can only imagine how ridiculous it's going to be from here on.

Nick4444 said:
to be liberal means to be so disengaged from reality, reason and facts, that they float blithely about, like the Laputians in Gullivers Travels, so that up can be down, down can be up

Actually, the real dictionary meaning of liberal is:
a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
b. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded

How your definition applies to Obama or any non obsessive-compulsive voters who usually go Democrat, I have no idea. But I welcome any poorly, derived analogies that you may have so that rational thinkers can tear them apart piece by piece.

Let's start with one obvious one, like the war in Iraq. Here's the reality. It's failing. It's not successful, and it's costing our nations trillions of dollars. To suggest that a liberal is disengaged from reality, he or she would have to believe that the war is progressing well and that our economy is not suffering because of it. Obama, the one that's labeled as a "liberal" is not.

Last edited:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

AMEN AMEN AMEN. racism isn't dead, and someone who thinks all blacks are uneducated thug killer criminals is likely to pass on even the best candidate (not that obama's the best) but simply because the candidate is black. do we think that all racists live in trailers and don't ever come out?? no. they come out, they run business, they work in restaurants, and they certainly vote (especially if someone they are convinced is a dumb monkey is about to become the president). bigots don't exist only in fairy tales and at bars.

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
AMEN AMEN AMEN. racism isn't dead, and someone who thinks all blacks are uneducated thug killer criminals is likely to pass on even the best candidate (not that obama's the best) but simply because the candidate is black. do we think that all racists live in trailers and don't ever come out?? no. they come out, they run business, they work in restaurants, and they certainly vote (especially if someone they are convinced is a dumb monkey is about to become the president). bigots don't exist only in fairy tales and at bars.

Blah Blah Blah,,,,how about we don't like him because he's full of hot air and don't agree with him politically? Why must everyone who doesn't like Obama be branded a racist? Most people who support him have no idea where he stands politically, what his policy views are,,,they are just swept up in the "aura" he creates and his vapid "change" crap mantra. What person running for president doesn't run on change? LOL

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
How about we don't like him because he's full of hot air and don't agree with him politically?

i agree 100%. i didn't vote for him cuz i feel he gives generic answers and skirts around issues

Why must everyone who doesn't like Obama be branded a racist?

I didn't say every fucking person who didn't vote for him, you put words you pulled out of your ass into my mouth, please stop. If that's your argument against the existence of racism, "everybody isn't", I'd suggest you steer clear of any debate forums. Otherwise it feels like you simply misunderstood me AND insulted my intelligence. I'm well aware that nothing in the world is all one way, I was simply pointing out ONE aspect.

Most people who support him have no idea where he stands politically, what his policy views are,,,they are just swept up in the "aura" he creates and his vapid "change" crap mantra.

We agree again. Good job (assuming of course that you're well-versed in the policies/history/practices of whoever it is you support).

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Blah Blah Blah,,,,how about we don't like him because he's full of hot air and don't agree with him politically? Why must everyone who doesn't like Obama be branded a racist? Most people who support him have no idea where he stands politically, what his policy views are,,,they are just swept up in the "aura" he creates and his vapid "change" crap mantra. What person running for president doesn't run on change? LOL

Not everyone is. There are plenty of people who have valid questions about Obama. Nobody here is suggesting that every single opponent for Obama is a racist. What about black people such as myself? I voted for Clinton during the primary and last time I checked I wasn't one of those self loathing black men.

It's rather clear that his stance on the issues are similar to Clinton's. However, he needs to start getting specific about his plans very quickly or else some of the undecided may start to stray away from him.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Not everyone is. There are plenty of people who have valid questions about Obama. Nobody here is suggesting that every single opponent for Obama is a racist. What about black people such as myself?quote]

A common argument tactic is to spin a comment to make it sound illogical and irrational. He knew good and damned well I wasn't talking about EVERYBODY, I didn't say EVERYBODY, and if I know me, I used the words "someone" and bigots, I was speaking about specific people and never once mentioned that everyone was. He's obviously against Obama and wanted to use my post to support his agenda, which of course involved stretching what I said which was 100% true to sound like I was the kind of bigot I was talking about.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You want the CEO of your company to be a fan of the firm.

If the CEO wasn't a fan of the firm, he wouldn't be the CEO of the company. If Obama didn't believe in the USofA and love the country, he wouldn't run for the presidency. Do you really need a flag pin to make a statement that running for the presidency doesn't make on its own?