Obama comment re guns and religion

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
GOP news.. I mean Foxnews:

found that PA voters agree with what Obama said, even McCain voters agree with what Obama said, voters are bitter with government in Washington.

Are People Bitter in Pennsylvania? « On The Scene « FOXNews.com
I don't put much faith in Fox News. In fact I refuse to watch it at all after the way they cheerlead Bush's war. I'm really happy my sat provider replaced them with Al Jeezera.

OK, I looked at the piece Zoe. You should do a little fact check. Two guys interviewed does not make a poll. I read the blog below the interviews and counted how many agree with or disagree (or are offended) with what Obama said.

Score-
Agree- 30
Disagree- 41
Neutral or think both camps are full of it- 15

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Suddenly, Clinton is all about church and guns. When asked when she last went to church or shot a gun she responded that the question was irrelevant (???) John Aravosis of AMERICAblog notes: "In all fairness, maybe church was cancelled due to sniper fire."

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Suddenly, Clinton is all about church and guns. When asked when she last went to church or shot a gun she responded that the question was irrelevant (???) John Aravosis of AMERICAblog notes: "In all fairness, maybe church was cancelled due to sniper fire."

LOL- Duck and cover for Jesus :biggrin:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually she said she went to church on Easter......unfortunately for her, an astute blogger on TPM discovered that she had earlier said that over the Easter Holiday she remained holed up at her chappaqua compound.......WOOPS

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

speaking of the heartland, as Jed Clampitt (Beverly Hillbillies) would have said, shaking his head ..." pitiful"

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Actually she said she went to church on Easter......unfortunately for her, an astute blogger on TPM discovered that she had earlier said that over the Easter Holiday she remained holed up at her chappaqua compound.......WOOPS

The woman's utter stupidity still amazes me.

Does she not understand that there are a host of frenzied folks out there fact-checking everything that comes out of her mouth?

Then again, given the jaded lack of concern her mendacity seems to espouse in some folks, perhaps she has little reason to worry.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hope I've spelled "OVERPLAYED" correctly.........notice when HRC brings up bittergate she is met with a chorus of murmurs and No's....NOT the reaction she expected I think:

msnbc.com Video Player

Chuck Todd's, of MSNBC, take on the incident
Hillary Clinton spent a fourth day hitting Obama for comments about small town America that she characterized as elitist, out of touch and problematic for the Democratic Party, but this time some in the crowd could be heard taking issue with what she was saying.
The New York senator brought up the issue near the top of a speech sponsored by the Alliance for American Manufacturing, to quite a few murmurs in the crowd.
"I understand my opponent came this morning and he spent a lot of his time attacking me," she said, before being interrupted with several seconds of murmurs and groans from the crowd. "Well, you know, I know that many of you, like me were disappointed by recent remarks that he made."
More groans and at least one "No" from the crowd.

Ben Smith from politico.com:
Clinton whacks Obama at a forum in Pittsburgh hosted by a Steelworkers-backed group, and is met by dead silence and, First Read reports, a few groans. The union is neutral, having supported Edwards.

Cnn.com:
Pennsylvania crowd jeers Clinton attacks on Obama
Posted: 12:12 PM ET
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/04/14/art.clinton0414.ap.jpg The labor crowd reacted badly to Clinton’s attacks on her rival.

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/2.0/mosaic/base_skins/baseplate/corner_wire_BL.gif

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (CNN) – On Monday, with the Pennsylvania primary just days away, Hillary Clinton continued to hammer Barack Obama over his comments that small town Americans "cling to guns or religion" because they are "bitter."
But the audience at a forum put on by the Alliance for American Manufacturing didn't appreciate her line of attack.
"I understand my opponent came this morning and spent a lot of his time attacking me," she said at the beginning of her remarks here.
Many in the crowd responded with audible groans, and a few shouted, "No!"

From the WaPo:

Clinton Met With Cries of 'No!' in Latest Bitter Speech

By Perry Bacon, Jr.
PITTSBURGH -- Criticizing Barack Obama for the fourth straight day over comments he made about Americans who live in small towns, Hillary Clinton finally encountered some resistance in person.

At a forum on manufacturing attended by members of the steelworkers union here, Clinton's comment that "many of you like me were disappointed by recent remarks he made," was met by loud shouts of "No!" When she suggested Pennsylvanians might find Obama's remarks "offensive," again there were loud cries of "No!"

Obama had spoken earlier to this audience, and the loud applause he received suggested some of the people who didn't like Clinton's tone supported the Illinois senator. But Obama had not been jeered earlier in the day when he slammed Clinton, and the New York senator was applauded loudly for much of her speech, as she laid out her agenda to protect manufacturing jobs.

Her emphasis on protecting American workers in trade agreements and reducing tax breaks that go to big companies was much the same as Obama's. Speaking of China, the pair now use almost the exact same phrase to suggest that U.S. borrowing from China harms American ability to influence Chinese policy. "It's hard to be tough on your banker."

Asked about her husband's support of the North American Free Trade Agreement, Clinton said, "as smart as my husband is, he does make mistakes."

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The woman's utter stupidity still amazes me.

Does she not understand that there are a host of frenzied folks out there fact-checking everything that comes out of her mouth?

Then again, given the jaded lack of concern her mendacity seems to espouse in some folks, perhaps she has little reason to worry.

So you are at home all weekend and step out to go to church and on monday morning you can't say I was holed up at home?
Said it once.....Doooooouche bag!

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So you are at home all weekend and step out to go to church and on monday morning you can't say I was holed up at home?
Said it once.....Doooooouche bag!
Nope she didn't go......

Obama is shit. Hillary is shit. Thanks to you people we're going to elect a 71 year old man
I'm not sure who "you people" are, but thank you for elevating the discussion.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Obama is shit. Hillary is shit. Thanks to you people we're going to elect a 71 year old man

He looks like he needs a walker now. If he makes it to election day he need not worry because he will never get elected.
After this Clinton vs. obama mess the election will take a nice turn towards the democrats.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
He looks like he needs a walker now. If he makes it to election day he need not worry because he will never get elected.
After this Clinton vs. obama mess the election will take a nice turn towards the democrats.

You may be right.

But don't forget about the Hillary hating, anti-war, Obama supporting Republicans like me. We'll hold our nose and vote Democrat for the boy wonder but we'll come out in droves to keep Hillary out if we have to.

Bitter for Obama 2008! :unitedstates: