Obama Ducks Debates...follows with no leadership

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
John McCain has repeatedly asked Barack Obama to do joint Town Hall Debates with him "anytime, anywhere."

Obama has repeatedly ducked that request.
Obama agrees to three fall debates, chances for town halls dim

John McCain is strong on Foreign Policy. If anybody is ducking debates, it's Barack Obama.

The time is now to focus on the crisis facing this nation and put aside partisan campaigning until at least an agreement is worked out. John McCain clearly put Country First in his leadership of this Financial Crisis.

Obama rejected McCain's suggestions and said that no congressional leadership meeting with the Administration on the Bailout was necessary and that neither he nor McCain were needed in Washington...and yet he and Democratic Leadership are going to that meeting that McCain suggested today in the White House.

President Clinton defended McCain's decision to put country first.

Former President Bill Clinton defended Sen. John McCain's request to delay the first presidential debate, saying McCain did it in "good faith" and pushed organizers to reserve time for economy talk during the debate if the Friday plans move forward.

"We know he didn't do it because he's afraid because Sen. McCain wanted more debates," Clinton said, adding that he was "encouraged" by the joint statement from McCain and Sen. Barack Obama. - ABC New's Political Radar

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh God, STFU already!
I have to be brutally honest. The fact that you also supported Hillary makes me sick to my stomach. Your rants on this board are the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Nothing more than twisted, garbled bullshit spun into some of the most pathetic news briefs. You make Fox News look credible with your asinine rhetoric.

Trying to talk rationally to you about anything political is a complete waste of time. And reading anything that comes out of your bile-induced brain is also a waste. I should have put you on ignore a long time ago.

D_VictorVikkiTielVictoria

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well that's not the way it's seen over here in the U.K.
McCain is running away from the debate, using the crisis.
Yup, that's exactly how I see it.
It's McCain running from Obama because he'll look like shit and knows it.
Good for him and his war record.. but he's a liar like all rest of them.
The foundation of our economy is sound huh?
What a baffoon.
But, this is a fucking dumb country, and has been for the last 15 years or more, and will fall yet again for even more lies.

fxc1100

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Trinity, why in gods name would you post that Obama is trying to duck debates after McCain has just attempted to postpone one?

Are you trying to distract the people from what is going on with McCain? This post is very misleading to say the least.

fxc1100

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think McCain himself is running from the debate, though I do believe he knows that he won't fair well when the topic goes from Foreign Policy to the Economy being last but more or less to do with his running mate. The McCain camp has rescheduled his debate for next Thursday the day of the VP debates and pushed her's back quite a ways back. Supposedly, they are trying to give her more time for this crisis to be over so it's not a central topic. Again, the only fact in this is that they rescheduled it for next Thursday and everything else is just theory.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldn't participate in town halls with McCain either. The RNC would make sure that they were in locations that were dominated by republicans. I'd like to see McCain speak in a place full of liberals, or even half and half for that matter

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't think McCain himself is running from the debate, though I do believe he knows that he won't fair well when the topic goes from Foreign Policy to the Economy being last but more or less to do with his running mate. The McCain camp has rescheduled his debate for next Thursday the day of the VP debates and pushed her's back quite a ways back. Supposedly, they are trying to give her more time for this crisis to be over so it's not a central topic. Again, the only fact in this is that they rescheduled it for next Thursday and everything else is just theory.
The McCain camp may have re-scheduled the debat for next Thursday, But Senator Obama and the group running the debate say it will go on as scheduled.....wil John McCain leave an empty chair in his place?

D_VictorVikkiTielVictoria

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Trinity, why in gods name would you post that Obama is trying to duck debates after McCain has just attempted to postpone one?

Are you trying to distract the people from what is going on with McCain? This post is very misleading to say the least.
I heard from a pretty reliable source that there are certain people that are actually paid to post on message boards all over the place to debunk the real truth and to distract people away from the real issues.
I seriously doubt Trinity is one of them though.
I'm just saying.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media

President Clinton defended John McCain. John McCain is focusing on the Financial Crisis and putting Country First.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't really get why you think something is really wrong with this post. There are only three facts in this present situation;

1. McCain asked to delay the debate to "put country first", regardless whether or not you believe him. That is what he stated.

2. Clinton agreed with McCain's request to postpone the debate to god forbid actually try and fix something before we go into another great depression.

3. Obama did hide from proposed town hall debates all summer (whether that pertains to this present situation or not, still FACT).

Trinity stated these 3 FACTS.

The rest of you are purely SPECULATING regarding the motives of McCain and his campaign. Maybe he is ducking out, or maybe he is actually TRYING TO HELP THE COUNTRY. Either way it is PURELY SPECULATION on the part of EVERYONE here. Don't lose sight of that.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't really get why you think something is really wrong with this post. There are only three facts in this present situation;

1. McCain asked to delay the debate to "put country first", regardless whether or not you believe him. That is what he stated.

2. Clinton agreed with McCain's request to postpone the debate to god forbid actually try and fix something before we go into another great depression.

3. Obama did hide from proposed town hall debates all summer (whether that pertains to this present situation or not, still FACT).

Trinity stated these 3 FACTS.

The rest of you are purely SPECULATING regarding the motives of McCain and his campaign. Maybe he is ducking out, or maybe he is actually TRYING TO HELP THE COUNTRY. Either way it is PURELY SPECULATION on the part of EVERYONE here. Don't lose sight of that.
Trinity stated that John McCain is strong on foreign policy as if it were a fact.........doesn't know a sunni from a shiite.....thinks Czeckhloslovakia is still a country......thinks Afghanistan and Pakistan share a border........didn't recognize the Prime minister of Spain name, Zapatero, when asked a question.......Good on foreign policy?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Trinity, I don't believe you are a rational human being. I think you are deranged.

(S)he is. (S)he doesn't seem to think that nobody else was paying attention to the Larry King Live interview with Bill Clinton recently. (S)he doesn't realize that the rest of the rational thinking world knows that Clinton was being diplomatic to McCain, saying that he admired him because he was a "politician that was dead in the water and came back strong".

(S)he's hoping that nobody pays attention to the news and can come up with the real stories or meanings to people's words. Sadly, (s)he doesn't realize the game is up.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
President Clinton defended John McCain. John McCain is focusing on the Financial Crisis and putting Country First.

What?

I watched Clinton Speak last night... The only nice thing he said about McCain was that he served honorably in war.

He said that HE and his wife support Obama because Obama is running the democratic platform.
HE Said Obama is the SMARTEST candidate.. is the natural and most inspiring LEADER...
AND he said the He, Bill Clinton, had learned the hard way that Obama really knew how to organize and manage a campaign...

HE said that, particularly NOW, it is critical to the future of this nation to elect Obama, and democratic legislators, so that America could be given back to the citizens and taken away from the free market corporations that are so obviously unable to look out for the best interests of the people.

Trinity, go back to Republican campaign HQ and get a new assignment pestering some other group stupid enough to believe the lies and disinformation you spout.