Obama-EPA Moving Quietly to Impose Gas Tax

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dazedandconfused, Jan 27, 2012.

1. dazedandconfused

2. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Utter reactionary drivel. There is no tax.

What the EPA expects to implement is the long-anticipated Tier 3 standards for motor vehicle emissions.

The EPA's Tier 2 Vehicle and Gasoline Sulfur Program, implemented under George W. Bush's administration, set standards for both passenger vehicles and their fuel (gasoline). The program set stricter tailpipe and evaporative emissions standards for criteria pollutants from vehicles beginning with model year (MY) 2004 and phasing in through 2009. The program also lowered the sulfur content of gasoline beginning in 2004 and phasing in through 2011.

Don't go blaming any of this on Obama.

From the EPA website:

"Similarly, the upcoming rule 'Control of Air Pollution from Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards' (Tier 3) is a comprehensive, systems-based approach to address the impact of motor vehicles on air quality and health. The Tier 3 rule will establish new standards for vehicles and gasoline.

"This proposal also responds to the "anti-backsliding" requirements that were incorporated into the Clean Air Act (CAA) by the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (Clean Air Act sections 211(q) and (v)). These provisions require EPA to assess the air quality impacts of renewable fuels and promulgate standards to mitigate any adverse air quality impacts, to the greatest extent achievable."

Hmmm... 2004 & 2007... who was President in 2004 & 2007? Are you also claiming GWBush's EPA moved quietly to impose a gasoline tax on the American public?

Cut the crap. The federal gasoline tax is remaining unchanged.

3. dude_007

Gold Member

Any news site that has Obama Muslim and Obama Kenyan as links is obviously right wing propaganda

4. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Somebody's user name fits him very well.

5. houtx48

Gold Member

Considering the hand that Obama was dealt, he did not played it perfect but he has done ok.

6. Novaboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    If he did impose a gas tax it would be no different than virtually every country in NA and Europe and I'm sure many other parts of the world too.

7. B_Over_Endowed_EMT

B_Over_Endowed_EMT New Member

I hate how insane all the political parties have become over the last few decades. The way they have ALL behaved has lead to people judging others by party affiliation and just general insanity. If someone says something liberal then suddenly its "leftist this" and leftist that" or if its right wing then its something like "lies" and "propaganda". Well of course it is! But the main problem is that its turned into nothing but mud slinging anymore. There is no integrity in the system anymore. Politicians are greatly to blame but so are the uneducated people. Many just go based off popular opinion or "what sounds right". Take some time to learn about the issues in your country before you go running your mouth off like some kind of brainwashed lemming.

This is neither for or against ANY party. Just my rant about how stupid everyone behaves anymore when it comes to politics.

8. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's republican right wing crap.

Read their "About us" page. They are touting Conservative viewpoints, Christianity, love of god, etc etc.
    You know....all the things you want when writing UNBIASED NEWS stories.....
    What's with their title block??

Canada Free Press - About us

9. sargon20

Gold Member

This is the first thing anyone should do when presented with something that doesn't pass the 'sniff test'. Case in point, Conservapedia, so disturbed with the way the real world covers and evaluates ideas and events conservatives had to come up with their own 'Pravda' to keep the dullards in line.

10. dazedandconfused

11. sargon20

Gold Member

^ Yet another whack job site:

Alexander Emerick "Alex" Jones (born February 11, 1974) is an American talk radio host, actor and filmmaker. His syndicated news/talk show The Alex Jones Show, based in Austin, Texas, airs via the Genesis Communication Network over 60 AM, FM, and shortwave radio stations across the United States and on the Internet. His websites include Infowars.com and PrisonPlanet.com.

Mainstream sources have described Jones as a conservative and as a right-wing conspiracy theorist.

Jones sees himself as a libertarian, and rejects being described as a right-winger. He has also called himself a paleoconservative. In a promotional biography he is described as an "aggressive constitutionalist".

Alex Jones has been the center of many controversies. Jones has accused the US government of being involved in the Oklahoma City bombing and September 11 attacks.[

12. B_BlkDahlian

B_BlkDahlian New Member

Someone has a hard on for President Obama. Anything to put a negative spin, instead of placing the blame on the previous administration. And as for him circumventing the constitution, right wingers have done it for years and I am sure you sat by and watched, because it was the white thing... Excuse me, right thing to do.

13. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

I will keep my 10 year old truck longer. no car payments will give me money for gas:smile:

14. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'll keep my lovely twenty-two year old BMW 325iC forever. Plenty of money for gas.
    Dave

15. lucky8

Gold Member

Any rise in consumer prices due to government policy is a tax. Inflation is a tax. However, these regulations were set under Bush...

but Obama does have a philosophical belief that America needs higher gas prices. This is why he wouldn't allow the Keystone pipeline. He believes that higher gas prices will lead to 2 things:
    1. innovation in green energy
    2. less gas consumption

Whether you agree with him or not, at least know where he stands on gas prices

16. tamati

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Gas should be heavily taxed, (even more than out is now) it's the only thing that wil reduce usage of fossil foolishness.

17. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

I will have to buy a new car to consum less gas and I do not have the money for a new car.

18. kayman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    LOL, me and you are >>>here<<<

19. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Exactly, nor do millions of other americans.

The cash for clunkers program artificially jacked up the used car market since they destroyed many good used automobiles.

I hope they never do that again and really hope they learned their lesson.
    Most of those profits did not go to US manufacturers - they went overseas.

Keep your 10 year old truck. it's no where near worn out yet. Little bit of fixing and it will run another 40 years if you put some time into it.

Not all new cars are fuel efficient. You can get older carb'd cars that are just as good as the new ones. My buddy is getting 27mpg with his 86 Dodge Omni. Goes like stink, only cost $500, and super cheap on insurance.

Removing old cars off the road and taxing people for their automotive interests are NOT the solution!!

20. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    mmmm I'll take an 86 Grand National. Or a 84 Olds 442 anyday.

For eco scooter, I'll take another Dodge Duster Turbo, or a Shadow turbo.
    Heck...even a Datsun!

POO on New Cars! (2003 up)

Draft saved Draft deleted