Obama finally gets something right...

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh so this is a GOOD story because the 2 guys had to get an attorney and sue the county?? No need for me to inflame, the county did that all by themselves because of the action they took. Despite having drawn up ALL of the legal paper work, the county chose to ignore it and the 2 men's relationship. I hope they get a LARGE settlement.

Forget the settlement, a few of the bigots involved need to go to PRISON for pulling that fucking cowardly bullshit.

I tell you what, if either of those dudes was my grandpa, I would be going 'Rambo' on the cowards who authorized this.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obama has gotten it correct most of the time. Now that you are awake maybe you will pay attention. This nation is in recovery and is a better place to live because of his leadership.

A better place to live because of his leadership?:confused:

With unemployment at roughly 10%, two conflicts (Afghan & Iraq) at full scale, outrageous national debt levels that are being pushed up every minute of every day, a real estate market that is in dire straits and is 5 - 10 years from recovery --

Suggesting that his leadership (or lack thereof) has made this a better place to live is a stretch.

Also - what is your definition of leadership? If leadership is lying about every single detail of his agenda during the campaign, and then doing the exact opposite upon election - then indeed, he has demonstrated leadership.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

With unemployment at roughly 10%, two conflicts (Afghan & Iraq) at full scale, outrageous national debt levels that are being pushed up every minute of every day, a real estate market that is in dire straits and is 5 - 10 years from recovery --

Suggesting that his leadership (or lack thereof) has made this a better place to live is a stretch.

Also - what is your definition of leadership? If leadership is lying about every single detail of his agenda during the campaign, and then doing the exact opposite upon election - then indeed, he has demonstrated leadership.
Please list these "LIES" that the President made during his campaign and the "opposite" things he's done since his election.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^lol... The coward will answer that challenge with more of his bigoted bullshit lies, so why bother?

Just remember, if what Obama does pisses off losers like StarPussy, then he's doing an excellent job.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
A power of attorney would accomplish the same thing. People need to THINK instead of being so damned emotional all the time.

Nice to think is true, but WRONG o lurker37160. I had my previous lover's power of attorney regarding his living will directive and was the executor of his Living Trust. When he became ill and eventually kicked the bucket, his vast mormon family (who had completely disowned him when he came out to them) descended upon me, the hospital, and dragged me through the courts proving that nothing that we did right to protect our assets and domestic partnership was worth anything. It was not a pretty time in his life or mine.

lurker37160

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh so this is a GOOD story because the 2 guys had to get an attorney and sue the county?? No need for me to inflame, the county did that all by themselves because of the action they took. Despite having drawn up ALL of the legal paper work, the county chose to ignore it and the 2 men's relationship. I hope they get a LARGE settlement.

No, it's not a good story. However, it's what has to happen to help us become an accepted part of society.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
A power of attorney would accomplish the same thing. People need to THINK instead of being so damned emotional all the time.
It is highly unlikely that a properly executed power of attorney would be ignored . . . .
I can't believe you're saying this.

We live in the same neighborhood, and I could easily see it happening here.

Of course none of this would be at all necessary if gays and lesbians were just allowed to marry.
Alternatively, we could just require all properly legally married heterosexual couples to get

"a properly executed power of attorney". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

Obama has gotten it correct most of the time.

Exactly. Just another lame attempt to infer 'failure' while not being specific about the 'failure' such as to be in a position to refute it.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

Star darling, now seriously. Who do we have to thank for creating that mess to begin with, hmm? I can only imagine what deep shit we'd be in if we hadn't had a change in leadership when we did. McKain/Palin? Ha! Or worse, god forbid, if the Rove/Cheney cabal had implemented their plan to extend the trained chimp's term under the guise of a "national emergency". Yes, it was on the books, just like the plans for the Iraq invasion were before 9/11.

Take off your blinders doll, and give the man a chance. He's only been in office a little over a year, and you have to agree that so far he's saved us from utter disaster. It's going to take time to undo the damage. This ain't the McDonald's drive-up window where you get exactly what you want in three minutes. Have patience and be grateful we haven't completely gone down the drain if nothing else. Wake up, things could be a hell of a lot worse, and they were.

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please list these "LIES" that the President made during his campaign and the "opposite" things he's done since his election.

GITMO
pullingo out of Iraq
Televising law passage on C*Span
Eliminating earmarks/pork from legislation
Complete transparancy
bipartisanship
etc
etc
etc

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Star darling, now seriously. Who do we have to thank for creating that mess to begin with, hmm? I can only imagine what deep shit we'd be in if we hadn't had a change in leadership when we did. McKain/Palin? Ha! Or worse, god forbid, if the Rove/Cheney cabal had implemented their plan to extend the trained chimp's term under the guise of a "national emergency". Yes, it was on the books, just like the plans for the Iraq invasion were before 9/11.

Take off your blinders doll, and give the man a chance. He's only been in office a little over a year, and you have to agree that so far he's saved us from utter disaster. It's going to take time to undo the damage. This ain't the McDonald's drive-up window where you get exactly what you want in three minutes. Have patience and be grateful we haven't completely gone down the drain if nothing else. Wake up, things could be a hell of a lot worse, and they were.

I am willing to give him a chance. However, IMO he has not made 'this country a better place to live,' as the above poster suggested. In time - perhaps he will, but it certainly has not occurred as of yet.

I hope it ultimately does. I am particularly interested in seeing if there is any top-line growth as earnings are released this month. So far, any incremental profits have been due to cost-cutting. If top-line growth begins to emerge - I will have a lot more confidence in the economic recovery.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Except half of the list itself is lies.

More like distorted half truths, especially since many of the things on that list couldn't happen thanks to the party of no(t) pushing to block everything. We can start with Gitmo. Cheney Assails Obama Decision to Close Gitmo; Expresses Concern That Democrats About to Take Over Don't Realize World Has Changed - Political Punch

Plus anyone trying to say that Obama is at fault for not being bipartisan is just deliberately talking out of their ass. Period. The reason why some bills aren't bipartisan is because the opposition had NO INTEREST in really working with the current administration to begin with. Just look at the Health Care fiasco, or as Senator Jim DeMint wanted it to be... "Obama's Waterloo". YouTube - Sen. Jim DeMint calls defeating Obama like Waterloo

We could go on, but it's not as if starinvestor posted that list in an attempt to do anything else but throw out intentionally distorted talking points to get people infuriated for no reason. He's done it so many times that I've actually lost count.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
Holy fuck. I didn't even know gay people weren't allowed to visit gay people in the hospital. To me that is so unbelievably fucked up in so many different ways that it perfectly illustrates the tyranny of this godawful culture.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We could go on, but it's not as if starinvestor posted that list in an attempt to do anything else but throw out intentionally distorted talking points to get people infuriated for no reason. He's done it so many times that I've actually lost count.

talking points?

Right.

Each of those points were the prongs of his campaign - one misrepresentation after another.

Carry on with the prototypical 'talking points' deflection.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
talking points?

Right.

Each of those points were the prongs of his campaign - one misrepresentation after another.

Carry on with the prototypical 'talking points' deflection.

You've been bringing up these same distortions for a year now and it still doesn't make any of them anymore factual than the last time. Stop being a hypocrite and talking about "misrepresentation" when you have no intention on viewing the issues objectively to begin with.