Obama - first President to keep his campaign promises since FDR!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BF2K, Jan 24, 2010.

1. BF2K

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am so impressed with the transparency of the Obama administration - I stayed up for hours watching the Congress and Senate Debate on CSpan!! I'm also "middle class" and have been amazed that my taxes have actually GONE DOWN!! In terms of the economy, thank goodness we spent all the money to keep the unemployment rate under 8%!! What a Leader - the best thing that happened to the USA since the invention of "sliced bread"!!! BF2K

2. uncutguy37

uncutguy37 Active Member

Albums:
    haha, I agree, I'm glad I voted for "hope and change", and a new way of doing things in Washington.

3. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

Not to mention we got guantanamo closed and sweeping health care reform as well!

4. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh, what a surprise. You made excuses for the Bush Administration for eight long years, but one year into Obama's term and the criticism flows like a river.

5. BF2K

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I NEVER made exuses for Bush - he was an "SPH" President if I ever saw one. I am neither R or D - but the current President is a light weight -

6. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Not one US citizen has had their taxes raised one cent under the Current Presidency.

7. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    You've been a member here since April of '06, but not one post critical of Bush, or any other Republican or conservative, for that matter.

Yet, you have expressed a fondness for Ayn Rand, defended Sarah Palin, approved of eligibility challenges to Obama (and analogized to Clinton in so doing), and have levelled all sorts of criticisms at Obama since his election.

Yet, we are to take you as some sort of measured "independent" with honest non-partisan gripes about the current Presidential administration.

Utter bollocks. And weak bollocks at that.

You're downright ignore-able.

8. uncutguy37

uncutguy37 Active Member

Albums:
    I've never defended Bush, I think he was a terrible president and almost destroyed this country, thats why I got interested in politics. The main reason I voted for Obama was because he said he would change the way things were done in Washington and work with republicans to fix the problems of this country, that was what he ran on, and now I feel like I was lied to, the main reason people voted for Obama was because he was NOT Bush. There were people who would defend Bush no matter what he did, and now there are people defending Obama no matter what he does. There is no difference in Bush and Obama or their supporters, and no one will hold their candidate accountable when they turn out to be phony liars. I am disapponited in Obama becasue I believed him and voted for him, I see the Dems doing the exact same thing the republicans did with Bush and I think both parties suck.

9. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

Well put!!

10. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm a Democrat and I do criticize the current administration. Obama went in promising change and wanting to work with the Republicans to make things better. The problem is that the Republicans don't want to work with him. They seek to obstruct any attempts to make improvements. My problem with the current administration is that they are to wrapped up in trying to be bipartisan. If the other side refuses to play then forget about them and do what needs to be done.
    Until we get politicians to stop worrying about whether or not their party gets power and instead concentrate on what's best for the nation as a whole then no one(Repub or Dem) will be satisfied.

But it is laughable that any criticism of Bush during the 8 long years he had to fuck up our country was met with cries of "unpatriotic behavior" yet those same individuals accusing critics of being unAmerican are protesting the President and calling themselves patriots. He had 8 years to fuck it up and now Republicans are bitching because Obama can't clean up his predecessor's mess in 1 year.

11. strog

strog New Member

You're forgetting the inflation tax. Our $12 trillion of debt has ruined international confidence in the dollar, and the $4 trillion of newly-printed stimulus money will devalue your currency by as much as 10% before Obama's second year is over.

I'm sure no one's taxes have gone up in Zimbabwe, but that doesn't make their fiscal policy commendable.

#11 strog, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  12. uncutguy37

uncutguy37 Active Member

Albums:
    Thats why I said both parties suck. But the Dems still want to say "Its Bush's fault" after more than a year and refuse to hold Obama accountable, while everyone is refusing to work together because all they care about is getting re-elected the country is going to hell.

13. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    During WW2 there wasn't all of this divisive bullshit that we currently have. Both parties came together because the country was in a crisis. We are currently in a big crisis but the Republicans seem more intent on causing the current administration to fail than they are on solving this economic crisis.
    Why don't baseline Republicans criticize their party representatives for not focusing on the big picture? Wouldn't that do more good and maybe even attract independents by showing that country is more important than party?

14. BF2K

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Have you been following me Silvertrain? I thought I felt a thimble rubbing against my ass!!!

15. Flashy

Gold Member

not true.

smokers have to pay an increase of 62 cents per pack, from 39 cents to $1.01 (plus steep hikes on other tobacco taxes)

I personally am for steep hikes in tobacco taxes (and alcohol) and support Obama signing the tax hike on those tobacco products...but to say that not citizen has had their taxes raised one cent under the current presidency is false.

16. sargon20

Gold Member

Interesting you mention WW2. The country then was a much different country than it is now. I'm not sure if it could ever return to those days but it almost certainly have to if it is to survive.

Depression, WWII lessons for economic recovery? Sacrifice

'Sacrifice' isn't a word in the modern day vernacular.

17. invisibleman

Gold Member

Well, Obama is in office. If you know how to jumpstart the economy, you should've ran for President of the United States. Run for office in 2012.

18. cachondo

cachondo New Member

The Republicans have destroyed this country...not only after 8 years of the buffoon running things but even now Republicans will not do a damn thing to work with Obama. That's why nothing is getting done. However, Obama is intelligent and he will learn from his mistakes and things will be better unlike the previous "president" who fucked up more each year as he fucked us for 8 years.

19. midlifebear

Gold Member

It took me . . . what? . . . about two years before I started complaining about Bush after he was first "annointed" to the Presidency by the SCOTUS. Then, as now, I was more upset with the SCOTUS than the GOP or flying saucers. It's when Bush decided Iraq would make a convenient distraction for his failed homeland security policies that got my Irish up full tilt.

The Republicans started the Bush Administration with a Presidency, Senate, and House equivalent to a royal flush. They could have showed up in Washington and done some amazing things. They didn't. They proved to be just as fiscally irresponsible as a 16 year-old Valley Girl with her first MasterCard. And they proved to be more exclusive than inclusive -- despite the campaign rhetoric to the contrary.

Seriously, I had a very open mind and great hope for the Republicans at the beginning of this first decade. However, the facts are the facts. They did not manage the country well. Quite the opposite.

It will take me at least another 9-10 months to make up my mind about the current President, Senate and House. Of course, if Obama does something as atrociously stupid before then like starting yet another war (Yemen perhaps?) he'll prove to be just as incompetent as Bush the Junior.

I happily admit to having voted for Obama and still stand by that decision. I'm not a member of any political party or bowel movement. And quite honestly, even though I have many very good friends both young members of the GOP to life-long Republicans in their 80's of whom I'm very fond of, the majority of my friends who espouse to be Democrats are without question better educated.

Now, if the Democrats could just man up and show some balls that would be a good sign.

#19 midlifebear, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Politifact disagrees with the OP and all the haters. End of story.

Draft saved Draft deleted