Obama - first President to keep his campaign promises since FDR!!!

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I am so impressed with the transparency of the Obama administration - I stayed up for hours watching the Congress and Senate Debate on CSpan!! I'm also "middle class" and have been amazed that my taxes have actually GONE DOWN!! In terms of the economy, thank goodness we spent all the money to keep the unemployment rate under 8%!! What a Leader - the best thing that happened to the USA since the invention of "sliced bread"!!! BF2K

I actually got a refund this year... *ducks*

YoungHungMachine

Sexy Member
Media
You're forgetting the inflation tax. Our $12 trillion of debt has ruined international confidence in the dollar, and the $4 trillion of newly-printed stimulus money will devalue your currency by as much as 10% before Obama's second year is over.

I'm sure no one's taxes have gone up in Zimbabwe, but that doesn't make their fiscal policy commendable.

It takes a long time to climb out of debt predesessors left. But politics are one of those things you cant change peopels mind. And I voted for Ron Paul regardless.

Takes more then a year to make jobs. Just think how long it takes to build the plan the factory, build it, and then put the people there to be trained.

The jobs were mainly lost due to an extremely poor coddling version of school we americans seem to love so much. The high end jobs are being sent to places where schooling is a priority. The low end jobs (mostly menial factory jobs) ahve closed because of americans unwillingness to work minimum wage, we have it in our heads we are to good for something.

Besides I am 20, I have never troulbed with getting a job. Every interview I have been to I have been offered a job. If you make 75k a year and suddenly find yourself jobless instead of milking precious unemployment for 6 months go get a job. I supported my fiance and my little girl on 2 minimum wage jobs. I worked full time but damnit, I paid my own way, I payed their way. I relied on nobody. I am currently in college. I received a schlolarhisp for the 2nd semester after busting my ass and getting a 4.0 while takign 20 credit hours. Which I payed for while paying my room and board, car payments and the like and working full time.

My opinion, the economy isnt broken, the people are. Dont be retarded and try to blame the younger generation. The generation before you blaimed you, and theirs before them. Its simple pushing the blame off. Yet we are responsible for fixing everything that before us was fucked up. Most paretns of kisd my age never taught their kids how to work, they coddled them, each generation became progressively weaker.

I was blessed with a former drill sargeant no bullshit type of father. Oh man did I hate that SOB growing up, but when I moved out, started paying my own bills, working, and raising a family; I saw the troubles others of my age group were having and I thought, dad.... you sob thanks.

I just an young and retarded perhaps, but the last 20-30 years or so America has been declining. Not just on the tangible things like looking at our debt or unemplotemnt rate. I've done enough reading to see that the economic collapse had tons of warnings and you cant blame it on 1 person or make a scapegoat of the current president.

He is black, omfg. Give the man a break. Got 1 year to clean up the shit others left? He inherited 2 wars for crying out loud. After his term is up, then you can bitch, and can elect a republican house/senate/congress and president and appoint like 4 more republican supreme court justices.

There is a system of checks and balances which makes it so the president cannot control everything. And if he cannot control EVERYTHING then he cannot be blamed for EVERYTHING.

And in my humble opinion so far the economy has not continued to worsen at the same rate it was before. Its been temporarily slowed. Jobs are still being lossed yes, but no different then before Obama took office. 1 year will not make any company go bankrupt. Ford and companies like that have hundred and hundreds of millions in cash sitting in reserve for rainy days. Just so happen after 8 years of rainy days....

Im just a 20 year old asshat of course, I've only voted in one election, but then again when I watch news I dont just smile and nod. No sir, I watch 2 or three different channels to get a different view of each side of the news. Also on controverial issues I read, I ask questions, I ask opinions, and I look things up before reciting some shit I heard because it matched my preconceived notion of what I want to happen...

Just saying....

P.S. What is poor? I grew up 'poor'. I had 3 meals a day, a tv in every room of the house, a computer since I was 12, new clothes each year, I could sign up to play sports in the summer, video games,always had money for trips at school, I didnt have to help pay bills and was able to go to school, we had a truck, 2 snowmachines, motorcyle when I turned 16, and a car. Yet I was honestly one of the least wealthy members of my community, or so it appeared. My dad had this stuff because he could budgey and didnt splurge on the shiniest things.

What we consider poor and needy rises signifigantly each year.

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some of the other promises that have been fulfilled:

No lobbyists in Whitehouse
No earmarks [his very first bill had 6 thousand]
Entire bills posted on White House website before vote
Out of Iraq inside of 12 months

Of course, the list goes on and on. The sad fact is that so many Americans believed these tall tales. I can't believe you can just blatantly lie to 300 million people about so many things in such a short period of time and still get jerked off by the liberal news outlets 24/7.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You really don't want to walk down that path, star. Honestly. Or do you need to see a thread listing 30 years of Republican/Conservative lies, failed campaign promises and the like? I mean, since you want to really distort issues to have a blatantly partisan point with no real substance... why should anyone take your responses as anything else but?

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You really don't want to walk down that path, star. Honestly. Or do you need to see a thread listing 30 years of Republican/Conservative lies, failed campaign promises and the like? I mean, since you want to really distort issues to have a blatantly partisan point with no real substance... why should anyone take your responses as anything else but?

I listed 4 lies. BLATANT lies. I didn't distort anything.

I've conceded that Bush was a douchebag. He didn't have that many lies in his first year - not by a longshot. The only thing that you really ever hammer on him for lying about was WMD's.

Somebody started a thread about Obama's promises. I had something to add. Nothing more to it than that.:rolleyes:

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I listed 4 lies. BLATANT lies. I didn't distort anything.

I've conceded that Bush was a douchebag. He didn't have that many lies in his first year - not by a longshot. The only thing that you really ever hammer on him for lying about was WMD's.

But if the lie is as big as Bush's was, then one is all you need.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I listed 4 lies. BLATANT lies. I didn't distort anything. I've conceded that Bush was a douchebag.

So what?

He didn't have that many lies in his first year - not by a longshot.

And you kept count back in 2001? :rolleyes:

The only thing that you really ever hammer on him for lying about was WMD's.

I can come up with a WHOLE LOT MORE than that.
WMD's is just one of them.

Somebody started a thread about Obama's promises. I had something to add. Nothing more to it than that.:rolleyes:

Don't EVEN bullshit me. Need we remind you what you said:
The sad fact is that so many Americans believed these tall tales. I can't believe you can just blatantly lie to 300 million people about so many things in such a short period of time and still get jerked off by the liberal news outlets 24/7.

The fact is, politicians have been lying to us for years. Blatantly. There will never be an honest politician, so stop bitching about being lied to. It's a weak-ass moral cry that only strikes nerves with feeble minded adults. If that's all it takes for you to come up with thread, after thread, after thread of partisan hackery then perhaps you should dig a hole in some sand, hide your face, and cry until we can find Mr. Honesty and put him in the White House?

So what if you found four lies from Obama? Nobody voted for him as if we were expecting him to be the perfect, morally correct politician. Since we know all politicians (and all humans) lie, as adults we have to figure out which ones are more costly to our Nation. So, do you want to scream phony outrage about transparency when things like this were more detrimental to our way of life? You want to act as if America undergone severe harm for the lack of C-Span broadcasts when that still lingers in the hearts and minds of people?

Again.. you don't want to walk down this path. Your distortions, followed by your bullshit innocent act when you're called on it, is tired. It's 2010... get another game plan.

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

So what?

So the lies have been harmful, expensive, embarrassing and pretty much the gold standard for the last year.

And you kept count back in 2001? :rolleyes:

Was this thread about 2001? I may have missed something.

Don't EVEN bullshit me. Need we remind you what you said:
The sad fact is that so many Americans believed these tall tales. I can't believe you can just blatantly lie to 300 million people about so many things in such a short period of time and still get jerked off by the liberal news outlets 24/7.

Well, it is hard to believe.

The fact is, politicians have been lying to us for years. Blatantly. There will never be an honest politician, so stop bitching about being lied to. It's a weak-ass moral cry that only strikes nerves with feeble minded adults. If that's all it takes for you to come up with thread, after thread, after thread of partisan hackery then perhaps you should dig a hole in some sand, hide your face, and cry until we can find Mr. Honesty and put him in the White House?

Don't try to validate, and then dismiss the implications, of lying. You are suggesting that we just hold hands and sing after repeatedly being lied to? I'm sorry, I don't subscribe to that ideology.

Perhaps you are satisfied with being lied to and feel liars should be praised and defended. I do not. It is obvious that your lofty dreams and expectations of Obama have disintegrated into the reality that he is a pathalogical liar - and instead of demanding more - you have decided to embrace it and defend it.

I'm sorry you were let down, but also surprised at how you are dealing with it.

So what if you found four lies from Obama? Nobody voted for him as if we were expecting him to be the perfect, morally correct politician. Since we know all politicians (and all humans) lie, as adults we have to figure out which ones are more costly to our Nation. So, do you want to scream phony outrage about transparency when things like this were more detrimental to our way of life? You want to act as if America undergone severe harm for the lack of C-Span broadcasts when that still lingers in the hearts and minds of people?

Here again you demonstrate this posture in which lying is A-okay. You are smarter than that, and hopefully you re-think it at some point.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
I'm a Democrat and I do criticize the current administration. Obama went in promising change and wanting to work with the Republicans to make things better. The problem is that the Republicans don't want to work with him. They seek to obstruct any attempts to make improvements. My problem with the current administration is that they are to wrapped up in trying to be bipartisan. If the other side refuses to play then forget about them and do what needs to be done.
Until we get politicians to stop worrying about whether or not their party gets power and instead concentrate on what's best for the nation as a whole then no one(Repub or Dem) will be satisfied.

But it is laughable that any criticism of Bush during the 8 long years he had to fuck up our country was met with cries of "unpatriotic behavior" yet those same individuals accusing critics of being unAmerican are protesting the President and calling themselves patriots. He had 8 years to fuck it up and now Republicans are bitching because Obama can't clean up his predecessor's mess in 1 year.

the republicans don't want to work with him because the people don't the shit he's slinging.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So what?

So the lies have been harmful, expensive, embarrassing and pretty much the gold standard for the last year.

Not seeing all issues discussed on C-Span or seeing his birth certificate on demand by a bunch of racists, as if it's an argument about transparency, is a load of bullshit. There's a difference between lies that are actually harmful, and ones that are exaggerated to extremes for cheap political points by partisan hacks. Learn the difference and speak like you KNOW that, or kindly shut up.

You engage in infantile, political pettiness more than most folks around here. Who starts these threads, star? Who feels the need to purposely create threads with grey-area intent that touch on even more touchy and volatile subject matters? Who does it FREQUENTLY? Who does it just to get attention? Look in a mirror and tell me what you see...

Was this thread about 2001? I may have missed something.

I'll make this thread about 30 years if you don't watch yourself. You know what I was getting at, so stop acting stupid. :rolleyes:

Don't try to validate, and then dismiss the implications, of lying.

You sound more like a immature kid with your rants.
An adult has no choice but to do this if they are to be successful in everyday life. Nobody, not including you, is ever 100% truthful. There's always a hidden agenda or a second part of the story. It's the difference of forgiving your Mom & Dad for learning that there isn't a Santa Claus, or requesting to be put up for adoption when you found your letter addressed to St. Nick on their counter.

Besides, you do the same thing for people whom you support, so don't be a hypocrite.

You are suggesting that we just hold hands and sing after repeatedly being lied to? I'm sorry, I don't subscribe to that ideology.

And you're suggesting that I cry tears of outrage just because I couldn't watch debates on C-Span? Sorry, I don't subscribe to overreacting just to score cheap political points.

Perhaps you are satisfied with being lied to and feel liars should be praised and defended.

Don't put words in my mouth unless I can put my dick in yours.

I do not. It is obvious that your lofty dreams and expectations of Obama have disintegrated into the reality that he is a pathalogical liar - and instead of demanding more - you have decided to embrace it and defend it.

I'm not defending anyone. STFU.
If every politician lies, the only thing you can do is take every incident on an individual basis and come to a conclusion about its severity. You're still preaching this moral bullshit about Obama being a pathological liar... when Bush, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, Ford, Nixon, etc... ALL OF THEM had to lie to some degree. Just ask Walter Mondale about telling the truth. He lost by a landslide when he said he would raise taxes like his opponent in 1984. Even if it was the truth, NOBODY in America wanted to hear it.

I'm sorry you were let down, but also surprised at how you are dealing with it.

Open wide, star... :rolleyes:
I expect things to not go as originally planned. I don't expect an entire governmental body to do exactly as one wishes or pleases. Because of this, I don't let every instance where something falls through the cracks effect me as if it's some epic tragedy. It's called being an adult.

Here again you demonstrate this posture in which lying is A-okay. You are smarter than that, and hopefully you re-think it at some point.

You speak down to people as if you're the moral epicenter... meanwhile you're on a board where the central topic is big dicks. You don't even posta picture of yourself on the board. You're essentially lying to me right now, but am I asking for your resignation? Do I act as if you're causing some kind of major travesty to the integrity of this forum?

Seriously, if this is the best you can do... you need to grow the hell up.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not seeing all issues discussed on C-Span or seeing his birth certificate on demand by a bunch of racists, as if it's an argument about transparency, is a load of bullshit. There's a difference between lies that are actually harmful, and ones that are exaggerated to extremes for cheap political points by partisan hacks. Learn the difference and speak like you KNOW that, or kindly shut up.

WTF are you talking about? Where did I even mention a birth certificate? You are putting words in my mouth because your argument is pathetic.

HE LIED about earmarks, lobbyists, posting bills online and C-Span coverage and countless others. LIES LIES LIES, stop trying to spin this by validating the 'goodness' or 'need' of the lie.

You sound more like a immature kid with your rants.
An adult has no choice but to do this if they are to be successful in everyday life. Nobody, not including you, is ever 100% truthful. There's always a hidden agenda or a second part of the story. It's the difference of forgiving your Mom & Dad for learning that there isn't a Santa Claus, or requesting to be put up for adoption when you found your letter addressed to St. Nick on their counter.

Now you are equating outright lies to hundreds of million of American adults......being elected on false pretenses........to fucking Santa Claus and infants? You are so desperate it is almost beyond debating this point or anything regarding Obama with you.

I'm not defending anyone. STFU.

yes you are.

If every politician lies, the only thing you can do is take every incident on an individual basis and come to a conclusion about its severity. You're still preaching this moral bullshit about Obama being a pathological liar... when Bush, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, Ford, Nixon, etc... ALL OF THEM had to lie to some degree. Just ask Walter Mondale about telling the truth. He lost by a landslide when he said he would raise taxes like his opponent in 1984. Even if it was the truth, NOBODY in America wanted to hear it.

No one has ever lied as frequently and as deliberately as Barack Obama in the 234 years of the United States government. He is the gladiator - the big cheese - the 800 lbs gorilla of lies.

You speak down to people as if you're the moral epicenter...

What a load of steaming dung. You don't care about morals or lying from politicians. I get it.

meanwhile you're on a board where the central topic is big dicks. You don't even posta picture of yourself on the board.

This is a pathetic and overused retort on this site.

I'm not here to look at dicks.
I don't give a shit about dicks.
All million plus members here are not here solely to review dicks.
There are other forums that I enjoy such as Adult Websites. I do not engage in political debates within that forum. When I am in the Poli forum I am here to discuss politics, not dicks.
If you want to discuss dicks, you should peruse some of the other forums, and stop discussing dicks in the politics forum.

I would suggest you go to the Etc. Etc. forum and try to generate the support of other members who appreciate and look up to liars.

D

deleted15807

You engage in infantile, political pettiness more than most folks around here. Who starts these threads, star? Who feels the need to purposely create threads with grey-area intent that touch on even more touchy and volatile subject matters? Who does it FREQUENTLY? Who does it just to get attention? Look in a mirror and tell me what you see...

I do believe the judges have a winner

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

And it's my understanding the decision was unanimous!!!

:jumping38::jumping38::jumping38::jumping38:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Now, if the Democrats could just man up and show some balls that would be a good sign.

Amen. Democrats need to lay the hammer down on these porkers in washington.
They need to trim the fat, and HAMMER on these suns-a-bitches.
Nail their asses to the cross.

Haliburton - Send the pricks a BILL. A BIG ONE
Throw the bastards in jail.
Shouting out "You Lie" during a presidential address - FIRE THE Bastard!!!!!!! Make an example!

But...with the recent rulings by the supreme court, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Now that they can be bribed with cash anything goes.
He who flashes the mighty dollar gets to say whats what.

We are fucked. I hope both sides of the table realize this.

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
No doubt the o.p. was intending to be rather tongue in cheek (or tongue in ass... I can't decide which), but coincidentally, here is a rather interesting analysis from the centrist Newsweek editor Jon Meacham with references to the tax issue raised by the o.p. (Of course, to conservatives, centrist means "flaming liberal").

However, some might find it interesting:

"Yes, the deficit is too great, our debt is too deep, unemployment is too high, and the health-care debate has been confusing and counterproductive. And yes, the stimulus bill added to that deficit—but a great deal of the package cut taxes, and even conservative economists agree it has helped (and many liberals think it was too small, so there is a big damned-if-you-do element at work here)."

Meacham: Obama's No Radical - Newsweek.com

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
WTF are you talking about? Where did I even mention a birth certificate? You are putting words in my mouth because your argument is pathetic.

No, but you did mention C-Span which is just as idiotic.

HE LIED about earmarks, lobbyists, posting bills online and C-Span coverage

CASE... IN... POINT.
Apology accepted. :rolleyes:

LIES LIES LIES

Are you done crying yet? And you're supposed to be an adult? :rolleyes:

stop trying to spin this by validating the 'goodness' or 'need' of the lie.

That's NOT what I'm doing here. For once, STFU and pay attention.
We can't stop anyone from lying and to demand that everyone should is not only stupid but also EXTREMELY hypocritical. Are you 100% honest? NEVER lied to someone before? If you said yes, then stop lying. :rolleyes:

Politicians... ALL OF THEM... regardless of their political affiliation do this. It's a part of life that you have no choice but to accept. If you're not willing to do this, then by all means... end your rants in the Politics forums and find something else to cry about.

Knowing this, we have no choice but to look at every incident on an INDIVIDUAL basis and weigh it for its overall impact to our Nation. You find the lack of C-Span Coverage to be a lie on transparency. I find Bush's repeated cuts in Education to be a lie towards his campaign promises to set better standards in schools. Which one do YOU think is worse? And be honest.

That's just one of MANY things a grown-up has to deal with.
Welcome to adulthood, star.

Now you are equating outright lies to hundreds of million of American adults......being elected on false pretenses........to fucking Santa Claus and infants?

What is it with you Obamaphobes and the ability to fail comprehending metaphors? Read it again, stupid. :rolleyes:

You are so desperate it is almost beyond debating this point or anything regarding Obama with you.

You cry like a bitch about lying politicians and fail to understand sentences that contain an elementary-level metaphor. Who is the desperate one? Think about that for a few seconds. :rolleyes:

No one has ever lied as frequently and as deliberately as Barack Obama in the 234 years of the United States government. He is the gladiator - the big cheese - the 800 lbs gorilla of lies.

Now you're REALLY losing it. :rolleyes:

What a load of steaming dung. You don't care about morals or lying from politicians. I get it.

No, you still DON'T get it. Read it again.
And consider this a warning... don't make this an argument about my morals. Believe me, by the time I'm through with you people will think Pat Robertson has a bigger heart.

I'm not here to look at dicks.

I don't give a fuck. That's the central point of this board whether you like it or not. That should give you a MAJOR clue about the mentality of people on this board before you even try to make moral judgements and arguments. Apparently, catching the hints are another thing you fail miserably on.

I don't give a shit about dicks.

So chop yours off and become a Eunuch.

All million plus members here are not here solely to review dicks.

And where did I say "all", Star?
Damn... watching you fail like this is embarrassing. :rolleyes:

There are other forums that I enjoy such as Adult Websites. I do not engage in political debates within that forum. When I am in the Poli forum I am here to discuss politics, not dicks. If you want to discuss dicks, you should peruse some of the other forums, and stop discussing dicks in the politics forum.

Are you through? :rolleyes:

I would suggest you go to the Etc. Etc. forum and try to generate the support of other members who appreciate and look up to liars.

I'd suggest you leave the forums altogether and take a course in grade school English. That way, the next time you read a statement with obvious metaphor you don't mistake its context and rant on through an entire post about "looking up to liars". :rolleyes:

Last edited: