Obama gets Democratic Nomination

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
No doubt about that.
And now that we're gloating a bit ourselves and celebrating Obama's success, apparently we're jerks in the eyes of the more tenacious Hillarites.

And you are surprised politics works this way? Were you born yesterday? Interesting that Obama has played so well to the naive and wishful.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
"Early numbers have Obama down in S. Dakota but he'll be able to get the four delegates he needs."

That posting is presumptuous, but I have no doubt that he'll get the remainder perhaps even by the end of the night.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Where did I say I was surprised? You realize it's possible to be well aware of something and still appalled by it, right? I suggest you wield your words more wisely rather than assume naivety on my part.

Suggest away, you ARE a bunch of jerks. It's secretly a desire that Obama really is elitist for lot of his fans, because the attitude is as hypocritical as possible. The naivete comes in because there is this deep faith that he is something more than a halfway competent politician. He's not. His appeal is to the naive--he is like Carter after Nixon, and I know a lot of people who think he will just be Carter II. That could be disastrous. Most of the Obamania is sensation-seeking and feelgood stuff anyway, and you're stuck with the hateful reality of governing after the Charm Factor wears off, which it surely will. There are more favourable things I could say about Obama, but those are your mantras.

I'm clearly going to have to find out if the Obamaniacs on this board are at all representative of Obama people as a whole. If so, and if Hillary doesn't get VP, I shall certainly change for McCain, because I see I really don't care for the Obama dreaming, do not like the Obama crowd which is mostly about all this high-ideals dreaming, despite his lawyerly abilities. And while his spoken goals are not as fossilized as McCain's, I could easily decide McCain is the better choice.

So see just how far you get with people telling you you deserve your 'gloating.' It's so pathetic at this point, people are talking shit about Hilary blackmailing Obama, as if he were an innocent little Messiah except for that FUCKING CUNT. Of course, calling it 'blackmail' is a way of Still Loving Obama After He's Been Victimized by the Fucking Cunt Again, and then we can all gloat. Because, you see, we Hillary people HATE Obama just as much as you HATE Hillary. That is what you cannot understand and think is humanly impossible, the whole spoiled rotten lot of you.

It IS possible, and she'll be an amazing Cheney-style VP, just you wait. She will push him around and tell him what to do like nobody's business, but that's the breaks. He'll do it because of his Appalachian Problem, which is not going to go away,.

Last edited:

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Celebrating a victory after being put down constantly isn't hypocritical. It's just what went around coming back around. But I will agree that the shit talking about blackmailing is annoying and unbecoming of my ilk. I, for one, don't consider what she's doing to be blackmail or distasteful.

That aside though, it's amusing how you accuse me and other Obama supporters of being naive all while equating McCain to the second best choice after Clinton. Did you intentionally ignore their dissimilarities or are you simply bitter?

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am listening to her speak right now... I am feelin' for her and am gettin' a little emotional for her and her supporters.

I'm sorry for all of the bad feelings and fighting... I just wanna get along now and am feelin' y'all's pain. I wanna give you guys all big hugs.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well, goodnight sir, I am tired of your writing by now, and have decided to keep you stapled shut, thereby keeping the kindest opinion of you and M. Tripod, whose tripe today is surely unequalled. Go preach to your fucking choir of slacker-angels.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Yeh, the disappointment is understandable, but people have to realize that if they gloat over every victory, they're going to see some celebration at their losses from the other side. That's just the way it is, but know that that celebration will be brief before it turns to focus on felling the McCain campaign.
I think we all need to realize something though:

Very few of us on either side have consistently defaulted to name calling, taking things far out of context and skewing (often incomplete) data to make our arguments. A lot of us are on point with our statements and claims, so we shouldn't let the few ruin it for the whole.

Interesting quandary:

You're a racist if you support Clinton

You're a sexist if you support Obama

You're a conservative if you support McCain

Ha! She didn't concede!

she, "... wants to do what's best for this country and the Democratic party."

(which, arguably, would be to end this.)

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just watched her speech...and all I can say is: what a cunt.

More of her same old lies and wishful thinking. She doesn't even have the grace to lose with dignity.

Have fun paying off your millions in campaign debt, bitch.

PukingBristols

1st Like
Media
I'm a registered democrat and voted for Clinton in the primaries. Now since it's Obama vs. McCain. I'm going to be jumping ship and voting McCain in the November election. I don't trust Obama. McCain is just the lesser of two evils.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Okay, yes, it's in bad taste to assume McCain is the next best choice with Clinton out of the picture (and not because of party affiliations but because of the contrast in the policies compared to the similarities between Clinton's and Obama's). But dude, quit pushing them further away. I see now where they're getting that we're elitists, and there are plenty of people like me who don't want people like you representing us.

Last edited: