Obama gets Democratic Nomination

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
uncut1234 said:
well then it looks like Mccain is our next president

theres no way a black man will beat a white man

sorry for being the voice of reason..

Dude - I feel like I'm having this conversation with my brother-in-law 2 years ago. "America's not ready for a black president."

You know what? That is tired-ass, retarded, apathetic thinking. When Obama gets elected, then your insightful tidbit will be that Obama will be assassinated because he's black. Have you seen his security detail? More important every president stands a chance of being assassinated. So that should stop him. Stunning revelation. Every person running for the job, runs that risk. It's not a reason not to seek office.

There is more of divide with regard to age, then gender and race. Obama carried the vote for women under 45. Obama was a kid when Vietnam was kicking off. It's a different generation that is taking the mantle to lead this country. I am relieved.

P.S.

Obama leads McCain in the polls by 6 percent, bubba.

How's that for black and white?
update: GOP insiders worry that Obama will beat McCain in November.

Last edited:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
By the way, Bush approval rating is poking above 30%, while Pelosi's congress still languishing below 20%.... FWIW

That would be the same Congress that Obama was a part of, right ? I figured so. I'm with you on the rest of that too. We're looking at change from a group that isn't about to change and it all sounds nice. But I've posted it before, what is any plan that any one of them is going to lay out. And how is it going to counter the fact that gas just went up 11 cents a gallon at the cheapest station in my neighborhood from yesterday ?

HRC lost the nomination on that alone, Democrats were simply tired of the noise & lip service. Her hubby's 2 terms were probably the best run for the masses in a long time, but the last 7+ years have simply crushed any momentum that was made. The last thing I want to hear is some politician telling me we can do this together, but it's going to take more sacrifices again. Especially when he stands to make $ 400K/year for it.