Obama had the votes...

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Apparently, the Republicans have also discounted, FL votes/delegates to 1/2 valuation. After FL moved the primary up, the Republicans stripped 114 delegates down to 57 as well, they just did it quietly and a matter of policy from the start. The Dems went from not counting delegates at all to the recent 1/2 vote compromise of 2008. That leaves the door open, I may reconsider whom I vote for as I posted earlier. I really want delegates, super delegates and electoral votes to go away and popular vote to rule the decision. I guess there are flaws in that too with the potential for vote fraud just the same.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Democratic Nominee will be selected in August at the convention. Presumptive Nominee...that is a term Dems may be throwing around until then just like the Republicans.

Unless she suspends or concedes tomorrow evening like I believe she will. I'm thinking she'll just suspend and let the roll call make it official. Whatever happens, Obama wakes up Wednesday to a promotion from Front Runner, to Presumptive Nominee.

Other than RFK (love ya Billary), who else has ever been the presumptive nominee and not wound up the official nominee? No one.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Your qualifications are exemplary...are you angling for the job?

If you're asking me about being our nation's leader...no. I don't even know where I'm going, much less to lead. :rolleyes:

Now if you're asking me about my pupit stand, I'd be talking about love...not hate. :newangel:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Unless she suspends or concedes tomorrow evening like I believe she will. I'm thinking she'll just suspend and let the roll call make it official. Whatever happens, Obama wakes up Wednesday to a promotion from Front Runner, to Presumptive Nominee.

Other than RFK (love ya Billary), who else has ever been the presumptive nominee and not wound up the official nominee? No one.

With this historical election...there is a first time for everything. The Democratic Nominee will be selected in August.

Hillary Clinton for President 2008! :wink:

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Actually RKF wasn't really the presumptive nominee. The incumbent vice president hubert humphrey I believe had the backing of the party and was widely considered the front runner, even at the time when RFK was killed after winning the democratic primary in california. booyah.