Obama Leaves campaign trail...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_lrgeggs, Oct 21, 2008.

1. B_lrgeggs

B_lrgeggs New Member

to visit ailing grandmother. Hey, I thought he was all about multi-tasking.

"another smart*ss remark from lrgeggs

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    The man's grandmother, who raised him, is critically ill. Not smartass, just plain disrespectful.

Obama to Hawaii to visit ailing grandmother Madelyn Dunham

By Lynn Sweet on October 21, 2008 2:38 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)

WASHINGTON--Barack Obama is heading off the campaign trail to Hawaii to visit his ailing 85-year-old grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, spokesman Robert Gibbs said Monday night.

"Senator Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Dunham, has always been one of the most important people in his life. Along with his mother and his grandfather, she raised him in Hawaii from the time he was born until the moment he left for college. As he said at the Democratic Convention, she poured everything she had into him," Gibbs said in a statement.
    "Recently, his Grandmother has become ill, and in the last few weeks, her health has deteriorated to the point where her situation is very serious. It is for that reason that Senator Obama has decided to change his schedule on Thursday and Friday so that he can see her and spend some time with her.
    "He will be returning the the campaign trail on Saturday."
    The campaign said Michelle Obama will hold events in place of Obama in Akron, Ohio and Columbus, Ohio on Friday. When Obama returns to the campaign trail on Saturday morning he will head out west.

#2 Industrialsize, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  3. D_Portelay Porquesword

I can imagine how proud she is of him. I hope she recovers to see the rest of the story unfold.

4. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

hope she can last to see him be the pres, then even though she know im sure, she wil be able to see her hard work was well worth it all, even if GOD FOR BID he didnt win he still is a good gentalman as im sure she already knows.

5. B_Morning_Glory

that he is returning shortly is a good thing as im sure McSOB will try to make some sort of smear tacktic from this as well. he has reach the barrel in some of his stuff so why not this, surely he wont be that low.

6. B_lrgeggs

B_lrgeggs New Member

I'm sorry, I was unaware that he was raised by his grandmother.
    Does anyone know what happened to his mother?

7. Industrialsize

Albums:
    His mother died of Cancer in her 50's

For those so inclined to send cards of support:
    Mrs. Madelyn Dunham
    In care of: Obama for America
    Honolulu Headquarters
    1050 Ala Moana Blvd Ste D2690
    Honolulu, HI 96814
    Andy Winer, the Hawaii state director for the Obama campaign, has confirmed that the campaign will get the postcards sent to the above address to Barack's family.

#7 Industrialsize, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  8. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

People are saying that for him to interrupt his campaign in the final stretch to visit her means that she is at death's door and not expected to survive. Hopefully she is given enough time to see her grandson (hopefully) elected President of the United States.

9. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Lets try show a little respect for him in a time such as this.

10. naughty

Gold Member

Even if Mrs Dunham does not make it till after the election to see its results, she has much to proud of in her grandson. Her prayers and perserverance as well as that of his mother's and Grandfather's will continue to sustain Senator Obama regardless of the direction this campaign ultimately takes.
    The thing that I find most interesting is that it was Obama's WHITE mother, and grandparents who raised him.He saw a total of about one day of his father that he remembers during the course of his life. It is their values and hard work that you see coming to fruit in him as a man. I find it interesting that so many people can only see his golden skin. I fear we have a very long way to go still here in the United States. Senator McCain has at this point totally obliterated any feeling I might have had that are supportive of anything he espouses. This has probably been one of the nastiest campaigns I have seen since I began voting. It has really brought a lot of the divisive emotions to surface that I had hoped we had begun to move away from here in the US. Oh well, we shall see what the end will be. I however will not be surprised at ANYTHING that happens on election day.

11. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Well said, Naughty.

Although, I haven't seen race being played as much of an issue as his name and the misperception that he hails from the Middle East.

12. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hope she makes it...just two more weeks. Regardless, I am sure she will be very proud of him.

And if she passes, I do hope the McCain camp reigns it in a bit, nothing sucks worse than kickin' a man when he is down.

13. B_Morning_Glory

nor will i and i must agree with you about the other things you said as well

14. B_Morning_Glory

would be nice if he did but he is a self centerd old washed up political person who will stoop to any means as we have seen in his campain to get a vote, and when he does get on he dont know what to do with it, but i to hope that she will be ok even if for just a few days longer and wish Obama the best of courage and good will toward him at this time.

15. invisibleman

Gold Member

Yeah, I thought that Conservatives were all about family values. I guess not.

It is nice to know that Obama went to see his grandmother.

16. Industrialsize

Albums:
    Obama's Grandmother and Grandfather( I think he looks like his grandad)

Attached Files:

17. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Funny, that was my very first reaction when that photo came out. There are a couple of others in which the family resemblance is very strong, too. Thanks for posting this one.

18. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:

doesn't look like a racist in this picture....

19. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    huh? is their some angle they are going to pull about Obama mentioning the racist statements she made and so on... i think not.

mccain has run far too clean a campaign to begin with... he's even gun shy on pulling up what counts, only in the eleventh hour is he faintly bringing a few issues to light.

obama could beat one of his kids senseless, and mccain will request that the media and the public respect obama as he deals with a personal matter within his private life.

20. B_Morning_Glory

clean campaign my ass, what does the word clean mean to you i sure haven't seen any clean campaign. and probably know one else has either. McCain has run the dirtiest lyingest campaign than any other politician i can remember on the republican side. they all do it but he has been the worst plus he hides behind his women running mate to have her do his reel dirty work for him and she is to dumb to know it, and this women wants to be president LOL what a crack pots to call presidential material.

Draft saved Draft deleted