Obama LOSES Another BIG State.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by pdxman, Apr 22, 2008.

1. pdxman

pdxman New Member

Okay, can Obama win any big state besides his home state? This proves he's unelectable if he can't win big democratic states. He's leading in the delegate count and he can't even "close the deal" and win Pennsylvania? That's pathetic.

2. B_boynextdoorkpt

B_boynextdoorkpt New Member

I agree. I love Hillary, she has won all the big states, and it seems to me, if he cant win them now, he wont win them in November.
    GO HILLARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. pdxman

pdxman New Member

Exactly, even one third of the Pennsylvania registered democrats said they would vote for McCain over him if he was the nominee. He's UNELECTABLE

4. B_boynextdoorkpt

either way, if Hillary wins or Obama, their supporters are going to be hard to win over, I fear the Democratic party is as split as the country is. Really its a bad situation. I hope Hillary wins, I think she can beat John McCain for the simple reason the country wants change, but I do not think Obama can stand the attacks, he sucked in the last debate. He thinks the clinton camp is rough, wait until he faces the full wrath of the republican party!

5. pdxman

pdxman New Member

It seems Obama supporters will be easier to win over to the Clinton side as opposed to the opposite, at least that was what the polling data was showing tonight.

6. gjorg

Gold Member

I think that # is wrong!!! Give him a break! I am a hillary supporter and just went to Hillaryclinton.com to give a $400.00 donation. I needed extra money in my pocket to stop at Wegmans for some sottocenare. otherwise it would have been more!

7. uncutguy37

uncutguy37 Active Member

Albums:
    How can he beat McCain if he cant beat Hillary? With all his money and all the the media support he cant knock her out, he cant win key states, she has won NY, CA., FL., TX, OH.,PA.
    If his supporters think Hillary Clinton is going negative on him wait until the republicans go after him.

8. B_boynextdoorkpt

This is my first presidential election i can vote in and I will NOT vote for Obama or McCain.

9. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    Because he doesn't beat Hillary doesn't mean that he can't beat McCain. Hillary and Obama supporters overall will support either candidate if either is the nominee.

We'll see the final results (hopefully) by tomorrow morning, but Hillary didn't get the "63% lead" she needed to put a dent in his delegate count. It's not like we all didn't know that Hillary would win Pennsylvania. The question was by how much.

North Carolina's next...Obama definitely has that one in the bag. Lol.

10. pdxman

pdxman New Member

I've voted for a democrat for prez ever since i was able to and am seriously considering voting for McCain if Obama is the nominee,,,oh and i'm gay and living in a really blue state (Oregon) and blue city (Portland).

11. B_boynextdoorkpt

I would not say NC is in the bag, the remark about bitter and god will get Southern white men up in arms. Plus, her victories seem to carry over to other states.

12. pdxman

pdxman New Member

Wow he wins North Carolina, whoopie doo!! ,ANOTHER really republican state that will go for McCain anyway!!!! That state is about republican as you can get. The question is why cant he beat Hillary in BIG Democratic states?,,states that are likely to go democratic in the general election?

13. pdxman

pdxman New Member

well it could have been 25 percent,,,i remember it being a surprisingly high number,,,,it was in exit poling in PA

14. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:
    Those who've been asking for Hillary to get out of the ring are soon going to be eating their words -- big time. What fools they are!

Here's the problem: Considering the inevitable high number of Clinton-to-McCain vote switches should Obama be made the Democratic nominee, he is clearly unelectable. Only Clinton has a real chance of beating McCain.

Mr. Obama: It's time to get out the ring.

15. widenine

widenine New Member

Albums:
    This is a very interest angle... "Just wait til the republicans go after him". What more can they do that Hillary has not. AND.. last time I checked, there are actually more democrats and independents registered in th is country than there are Republicans. The presidency is ours to lose.

AND... following the lies, the current desperate cry for change and the $400,000,000 per day that we pay to democratize a foreign nation (while complaining about $4/gal gas ), the republicans are toast.

They know it and that's why we have all the hype about unsubstantiated, unlikely attacks by unknown ghosts depicted in head wraps. The republicans are disheartened and dispassionate because they, like democrats, have been betrayed and pushed into a disaster.

How anyone can chose to remain in this war out of fear of retaliation is beyond me. I'm voting against it for sure. Again....The presidency is ours to lose. We will come together when it becomes most important that we do. I'm sure of that.

16. uncutguy37

uncutguy37 Active Member

Albums:
    I voted for Clinton in Ohio, and I will not vote for Obama, if its between Obama and McCain in Nov I will stay home. When you Dems say they will not vote for Obama I think they mean it, I know I do.

17. widenine

widenine New Member

Albums:
    In this case, we have no choice. Whatever we do is to vote. Not voting is to vote for McCain. Staying home means nothing, really.

18. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

What is with the absolute? Obama is not unelectable. Hillary is by no means the dominant Democrat, and McCain, who many Conservatives, including my staunch Republican family, won't vote for because he is too "liberal", is very competitive in this Presidential race. So, who knows.

About PA voters, as I understand PA leans conservative anyway - so yeah, McCain is a logical second choice for their Dems.

19. gjorg

Gold Member

Don't trust exit polls! Someone today asked me who I voted for and I said "None of your fucking business,thats why the booths are private" . People love to fuck with exit pollers. Its like a new parlor game!

20. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, being that I live in North Carolina and know that more White NC'ers love Barack than Black, I'll have to disagree with you.

(Plus NC is in the South, but hardly "Southern")
    Lest I forget to mention all of the "Republicans for Barack" bumper stickers I see driving about.

Draft saved Draft deleted