Obama losing debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by D_Pubert Stabbingpain, Sep 26, 2008.

1. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

D_Pubert Stabbingpain Account Disabled

He is not looking at the camera. Cain experience is showing in that he is constantly on attack, has plenty of examples (that Obama can't seem to refute). Obama, instead of talking to Cain is talking to the moderator. I am a Dem but Obama is loosing this debate both on economics and on Iraq.
    Obama keeps presenting his cases in such depth that most people don't have the intelligence to understand and Cain keeps attacking that Obama doesn't understand and give simple, straight forward examples.
    As a Dem I can say that McCain is winning and will win this debate.
    Obama simply can't debate. But I think we all knew that going in.

Bottom line for me is what concerns me the most is Trigger Finger Cain with his hand on the red button. In all earnest I hope that the O'Bama Campaign has a backup commercial to use when Cain's last minute commercials get even more personal and attacking. The commercial? Give a few fast clips of him running off at the mouth and shooting from the hip, firing the SEC chair, "stopping his campaign," bomb, bomb, bomb Iran, etc., and follow it up with "Do you really want a President who acts before he thinks, who acts before he consults advisers, to be the person with his finger on the button?" And follow it with a mushroom cloud! HA! That should do it!

P.S. someone needs to tell Obama to stop raising his pen to the moderator and to directly attack McCain.

2. mindseye

Gold Member

Really, I don't think either of them has scored a slam-dunk yet. But it's not over yet.

3. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

I half expected a one-sided Obama-dominated debate, but I think McCain is doing far better than anticipated.
    And to exceed expectations is to win a debate.

4. eyemready

eyemready Member

I haven't watched it. I expected Obama to blow him away. You're right, though. It's all about expectations.

5. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

McCain just got under Obama's skin and Obama almost just lost it. That is what *he* was suppose to do to McCain!
    I think the "Game Over" folks!
    McCain keeps belittles Obama by saying he does not understand.
    McCain has not only won this debate but may just have sown up the election.:eek:

6. toadstool

toadstool New Member

mcain willnever understand what the american people need or want he is a old washed up war mongering republican and we can't afford to have another one

7. frgman

frgman New Member

Albums:
    I disagree that McCain is winning the debate. I think Obama his handling the issues with great respect. I also think he looks at McCain when he needs to. I think they both are looking at the camera and that is good thing. We as the tv spectators need to get a look (a close look) so we can determine the their response. We need to hope they keep looking at the camera. This debate afterall is for us more so than it is for them. They where they stand, but we want to see and understand as well as evaluate how much truth they protray.

8. Mattness

Mattness New Member

Albums:
    Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
    I must be watching a different debate...McCain's looking REALLY bad! Oh well...we're all entitled to our opinions!

9. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

I agree but he is blowing Obama away. Check out his constant smiling and Obama is seldom smiling. Everything about McCain is picture perfect and confident. Obama seems hesitant and confused and is quoting McCain's record that McCain successfully rebuts in almost every instance.

Hay, I am from AZ. I hate this piss poor excuse for a Senator, much more for a President but he has done quite well here and it is all about appearance.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

He is? I must be watching a different debate. :confused: It's looking like a draw to me. Obama might be two points ahead but that about it.

11. Croix68

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm voting for the person who WON'T raise my taxes

12. wispandex_bulge

Albums:
    Sadly, I had to stop watch after the 4th lead question. I am sorry to say that McCain did not appear to be on top of his game much at all tonight. I do hope things change, lest he lose this vital opportunity to impress undecided voters. It pains me to see him get mired in the technicalities, but I still see him as the stronger candidate because of his legislative record and his character as an elected official. Tonight appears to be another chance for people to get swept up in elegant rhetoric that distracts us from the real answers.

13. patronpk

patronpk New Member

You're out of your mind - McCain doesn't even have the courtesy to look Obama in the eye - and for good reason. He speaks, as does his entire campaign, in half- truths & misleading statements. He's the one looking more like toast by the day. Obama IS ATTACKING McCAIN!!! You only see what you want to see.....as most Republicans these days. Reagan gave us the savings & loan thefts & now this administraion has got into an impossible war in the middle east & billions & billion of dollars in buyouts for their friends & fellow 'elites'. Not to mention the millions of dollars Cheneys so called blind trust is raking in! Give America a break, folks!!!!!

14. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Yes, McCain has the foreign policy chops and looks strong in tonight's debate. He also won the "Who can name the most countries?" contest. The difference between me and the Trinity-types on this board is that if the table was turned (and could be in another debate) you wouldn't hear them talking about what a good job Obama did.

Tonight was McCain's night... foreign policy is his shtick and I congratulate him.

The race goes on...

15. lucky8

Gold Member

They are both struggling

16. Notaguru2

Gold Member

You sound like a closet McCain supporter. Obama didn't do bad. McCain was just sharper.

17. Croix68

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You couldn't have said it any better...they both seem incompetent and unprepared...they aren't exhibiting leadership. All I hear is rambling and no clear, concise answers.

18. mattbuddy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It was really interesting to watch ... especially when the topic was specifically toward Afghanistan toward the end of the hour. I thought both were alright...but the debate that I am looking forward to is next weeks with the VP's.

19. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think Obama is going to get hammered for callin Senator McCain, "John" all night, while McCain showed much greater respect.

20. MalakingTiti

Gold Member

Albums:
    What? Dude you're ass is sucking canal water. The game is over alright. This is that old fuck McCain's last hooray. He'd better hope America is dumb enough to elect him President, because Obama has been cutting his balls off for weeks. If he doesn't win, his career is DONE.

Draft saved Draft deleted