Obama losing debate

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
I'm voting for the person who WON'T raise my taxes

Then you won't vote. There is no way, especially with all the bailouts, that taxes won't go up. They may say they won't but we will get it in the end. They will bicker and fight back and forth and brag about moving figures from here to there but the bottom line is we will pay. If we don't get it directly, we will get it indirectly. Congress makes tax laws and those who can afford a CPA immediately find loopholes. If you can't afford a CPA, you're SOL. :frown1:

Smooth88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
While I missed the beginning of the debate, it certainly did not seem to be a clean-sweep for either candidate. That being said, I thought Obama was much more articulate than McCain. Obama actually answered most of the debate questions, which seemed to be something McCain was trying to avoid.

Pretty much what I was gonna say. Obama won but slightly. McCain did better than I expected but I didnt like that the whole night he seemed to be disrespecting Obama. And Fox News actually talked about Obama calling him "John" as a good strategic move given the setting where the debate took place in the Deep South referring to him on a first name basis as very courteous.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I agree but he is blowing Obama away. Check out his constant smiling and Obama is seldom smiling. Everything about McCain is picture perfect and confident. Obama seems hesitant and confused and is quoting McCain's record that McCain successfully rebuts in almost every instance.

Hay, I am from AZ. I hate this piss poor excuse for a Senator, much more for a President but he has done quite well here and it is all about appearance.

that's not smiling, that's smirking Condescension, and it makes him look like the ignorant racist ass he really is.

From what I saw of it... McCain just kept saying the same republican mantra- Threat! threat !, enemy threat war, War war, boo!.

Obama kept saying we got a change the way we are working things because that way ain't working so good..

McCain did a good job of appealing to his base-frightened conservatives. And Obama connected with those wanting to see something substantive change.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I listened to it on the Pickup radio, while I was driving around Anchorage delivering large Mark Begich signs.

Obama spoke clearly, McCain was hard to understand, even when I turned the volume up. His three attempts to say 'Ahmedinejad' was the worst stumble of the debate. He repeated himself on how he was going to look after veterans in his closing remarks, I don't think the veteran's groups give him very good marks, despite his being one.

Last edited:

D_but wait you also get

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
McCain just got under Obama's skin and Obama almost just lost it. That is what *he* was suppose to do to McCain!
I think the "Game Over" folks!
McCain keeps belittles Obama by saying he does not understand.
McCain has not only won this debate but may just have sown up the election.:eek:

You went into this with a preconceived notion of what you would see. Your posts show you had no objectivity what-so-ever. I felt that both held their own, but there was no clear cut victor. At no point did Senator Obama almost lose it.

Senator McCain in fact did not win the debate nor has he "sown up the election." In fact, the polls I have seen on the debate show just the opposite.

joybunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just hope the next debate Senator McCain focuses less on his past military record. I have a lot of respect for him for serving our country but he needs to talk more about what he did as senator and how it positively affected the American people. In addition, he need to cool it on the condescending language and behavior. It give the impression that he can't stay focused.

I have to give this one to Obama but by a small margin. Next time, it may be McCain's night. Only time will tell.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
as far as style goes, I think McCain won.

except he stood by his fire cox statement, which will hurt him in the economic community, again. I wouldn't be surprised to see the WSJ go ballistic.

jtr121

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I understood Obama's statements all night tonight and find it offensive that you think the people are to stupid to understand him ...

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
You went into this with a preconceived notion of what you would see. Your posts show you had no objectivity what-so-ever. I felt that both held their own, but there was no clear cut victor. At no point did Senator Obama almost lose it.

Senator McCain in fact did not win the debate nor has he "sown up the election." In fact, the polls I have seen on the debate show just the opposite.

Thanks, J. My thoughts, exactly.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Fascinating differences between the two. Obama reminded me of a career college student: all the facts, figures and buzzwords within easy grasp, but nary a lick of real-world experience with any of it. McCain, on the other hand, exuded authenticity throughout and kept saying, in effect, "Well that's just great, son, but let me tell you what I've actually done with my life".

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
I understood Obama's statements all night tonight and find it offensive that you think the people are to stupid to understand him ...
It's not that they're unintelligible, it's that I find myself wanting to change the channel and come back later when he's finally wrapped it up. Tonight I learned that he could actually give Biden a run for his money in the windbag department.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fascinating differences between the two. Obama reminded me of a career college student: all the facts, figures and buzzwords within easy grasp, but nary a lick of real-world experience with any of it. McCain, on the other hand, exuded authenticity throughout and kept saying, in effect, "Well that's just great, son, but let me tell you what I've actually done with my life".

Do you think McCain did anything wrong?

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This one was McCain's to lose. It was on his avowed area of strength. And he had no home run. But Obama was equally knowledgeable and far more dignified.

This was the first presidential debate in my lifetime that I honestly did not enjoy watching. I didn't like the format and both candidates showed more of their weaknesses than their strengths.

I will likely vote Democratic and during the debate I kept hoping Obama, who was very much in control of his facts and his demeanor, would hit McCain with a zinger and give America a memorable soundbite.

McCain followed his usual playbook... be passive and polite the first 15 minutes, then gradually dial up the sneering McSnarky character and keep hammering home on the Rovian coach-points: I'm a war hero, you "just don't get it", you're inexperienced, only I'm ready to confront the tyrants of the world. Piles of platitudes.

Through it all, Obama mostly maintained his cool, which concerned me greatly at the time. I wanted him to swing back; lord knows there's plenty to attack temper-tyrant McCain on, starting with his loose use of facts. I wanted to see Obama taunt McCain into a full-blown explosion on national TV, which was a real possibility. But on reflection, I think Obama came off as measured, presidential and poised, and he took the debate.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Ok, in a very strange sense, I agree with you. The difference is, I don't want an age-old (read: old-age) "wisdom". I want a new, fresh approach, with a guy who's willing to listen to new ideas and who isn't locked into old, cold-war ideology. I don't want Darth Vader. I want John Kennedy, or the JFK for our times. Yes, I want a man of hope and vision. I want someone who sees a better, kinder world, but someone who acknowleges the harsh realities of the place we live in.

I will elect a heart over a dried up set of balls. A mind, over a mind-set. So there you have it.

Last edited:

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Do you think McCain did anything wrong?
Oh, sure. He was a bit repetitious and a little stumbly here and there, but for me that's where the authenticity came in. Obama, while immensely intelligent, is just too slick, too polished and when it comes to politicians that always makes me leery.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
I want John Kennedy, or the JFK for our times. Yes, I want a man of hope and vision. I want someone who sees a better, kinder world, but someone who acknowleges the harsh realities of the place we live in.
Well, at the risk of sounding like Lloyd Bensen: "Senator Obama, you're no JFK". There's no real "vision" there. Strip away the flash and he's left offering the same old laundry list of Democratic programs his liberal cronies have been pushing for decades. His response to the "What are you going to have to sacrifice in light of the impending bailout burden"? "Not a damn thing". Translation: "Prepare to dig deep, suckers!"