Obama on helping African Americans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_24065, Sep 27, 2011.

1. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

POTUS testy in BET interview | POLITICO 44

As a black man myself, and an ardent NON supporter of Obama, I was particularly pleased with Obama in this interview. When asked what Obama needs to do to help blacks out, Obama was clear in stating that you cannot create programs for the benefit of any one particular community, "thats's not how America works".

Good for him. Now if we can only get Jesse jackson and Al Sharpton to stop poisoning the minds of the African American community with their victim/entitlement agenda, we might see real progress.

2. D_George Tush

D_George Tush New Member

Yay progress!

3. cruztbone

Gold Member

Jesse Jackson and Al sharpton are no longer major figures in America. they have some followers, but not many , of ANY color. nontheless, neither one is anti Obama, and both are rightfully concerned about the rate of unemployment among African Americans. as to you 24065, your town didnt support Obama in the last election, and no one expects you to support him in this election either. but my town of 95010 gave him 70% of the vote, and will likely do the same this time as well. and we intend to KICK YOUR BUTT in the next election. and i will be leading the way for MY TOWN.

4. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

First of all, you have no idea what town I am from (24065 has no reference to a zip code). Secondly, why would your town give him 70% of the vote again when he has been nothing but a miserable failure? Is it because he is Black? If yes, then you and 70% of your town are fucking racists.

Everyone of the GOP potential nominees have more leadership experience than Obama did 4 years ago, so dont give me any of this bullshit that there are not any other good alternatives to Obama. Anyone of those candidates would be a better prez than this fucking joke.

5. Klingsor

Gold Member

Albums:
    I love how you can say that with a straight face.

Even the Republicans know they're stuck with a bunch of loons for candidates. If you can't see it, perhaps you should consider not voting--for the country's sake.

6. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

Loons????

Bachman and Ron Paul are a little out there but Romney,Gingrich, Cain, Perry, and Huntsman are not loons. Turn the channel off of MSNBC for one night and really think about how each of these guys compare to Obama. 4 years ago, you were hypnotized by the media into voting for a guy that had no private sector experince, no executive experience, went to an anti-american rascist church for 20 years, is a known confidant of the convicted terrorist Bill Ayers, was a ardent follower of Saul Alinsky, and who only won 2 previous political seats against weakened opponents who were in the middle of sex scandels.

Sir, those like you who voted for this fraud are the loons and so are those who proped him up. Had a republican candidate come forward with twice the experience of Obama and half the skeletons in the closet, the media would rip them apart as too inexperienced and with a dirty past. The fact is, the leftist media proped this guy up, gave him a total pass, and the great sheep of the USA like yourself voted him into office, and now all of us are paying the price.

7. Klingsor

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, I've seen FOX News, too. You've got the whole spiel down pat. Congratulations.

Now how about taking a real look at what this country went through over the past decade--the monumental stupidity, greed, and corruption that brought the world to its knees?

It's true, Obama's efforts to stop the bleeding haven't been enough--largely because he hasn't always had the courage to stand up against the self-serving obstruction he's encountered at every turn.

But I would still much rather go with the guy who's making a tentative effort in the right direction than the ones who want to send us reeling back into that same abyss we're still trying to climb out of.

8. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

If you are talkin about the housing collapse, you can blame the democrats for that one. When Bush tried to regulate Fanny and freddy, they were blocked by Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and co.. And it was the good old democratic party that pushed through legislation long ago that required banks to give mortgage loans to subprime borrowers, not the republicans.

What self serving obstructionist's? Obama had contol of the house and the senate for the first 2 years of his presidency. Instead of using that leverage to "stop the bleeding" and put forth a real economic recovery and job creation agenda, Obama used almost all of that time to shove through healthcare legislation that no one wants and is going to either be rulled unconstitutional or repealed anyways.

A Tentative effort? you are happy with that? people like you are the fucking problem in this country. you vote not on merit or ideas or leadership. You only vote along party, racial, or some other special interest lines.

9. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    This "loon" is voting Obama in 2012.(And Elizabeth Warren for Senate against Scott Brown)

10. Horrible

Horrible New Member

Albums:
    Obama will be a 1 term president. No doubt.

11. Klingsor

Gold Member

Albums:
    Defeated by . . . whom?

12. lurker37160

lurker37160 Member

Anyone. There are whispers that Obama will announce in January 2012 that he will not seek a second term.

13. Klingsor

Gold Member

Albums:
    There are whispers that Obama bought a rug from Jimmy Carter so he could use it to pray to Mecca on Air Force One.

I prefer my documentation to be a little more substantial than that.

14. sargon20

Gold Member

You?? A black man?? :nono::nono: There's a .00012 chance of that being true.

15. B_24065

B_24065 New Member

Excuse me? What the fuck is that suppose to mean? Sorry if i dont fit into your preconcieved racist category. I guess Herman Cain isnt black either?

16. sargon20

Gold Member

It was you who identified yourself 'as a black man'. I'm willing to be wrong but I doubt that. I don't know of a single 'black man' that despises Obama, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton AND describes themselves as a Reagan conservative. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are virtual nothings in the present day black community. And as a 'black man' you would know that. There is only one demographic that hates those two now you do the math.

I've seen that act before of identifying oneself as something that can't be verified then launching an attack on the very thing they supposedly are with the full cloak of the internet.

A 'black man' regardless of his political leanings would never say:

about the first black president of the United States. You are about as black as John McCain.

17. B_enzia35

B_enzia35 New Member

Haha and they say Democrats are not racists.

18. sargon20

Gold Member

^ I suggest you look up a word and it's usage before you use it as you clearly are in over your head. Another clueless Texan (where do they all come from?). Then again one need only look at its hapless governor floundering even deeper with each debate. Is there a Texan Republican out there that can translate this mess.............
    “I think Americans just don’t know sometimes which Mitt Romney they’re dealing with. Is it the Mitt Romney that was on the side of — against the Second Amendment before he was for the Second Amendment? Was it — was before — he was before the social programs from the standpoint of — he was for standing up for Roe versus Wade before he was against Roe versus Wade? Him — he was for Race to the Top. He’s for Obama*care and now he’s against it. I mean, we’ll wait until tomorrow and — and — and see which Mitt Romney we’re really talking to tonight.”

- Rick Perry

Maybe if Texas actually cared about education and didn't insist on the cooking the textbooks to make their fantasies 'reality'.

Historians speak out against proposed Texas textbook changes

19. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

While I agree President Obama should act with an eye towards assisting Americans as a whole, I also believe steps should be taken on the state or local level to address the outrageous 20-50+% unemployment rate for Black men in the United States. An inequity that stark deserves an official investigation.

African Americans are perfectly capable of analyzing a situation and reaching conclusions without the assistance of Mr. Jackson or Mr. Sharpton. You, good sir, apparently offer proof of that fact.

Indeed! If I could find a way to work on her campaign, I would.

I dunno if 24065 is Black or not, but it is quite unsound to attempt to place limits on another's opinion based on racial, religious, or ethnic identity.

There is no monolithic Black community - judge not by what they are, or claim to be, but what the person says/does. Besides, I certainly can image Alan Keyes or Allen West stating something along the same lines.

I'll keep my opinion of Jesse Jackson to myself :eek:, but I've softened on Rev. Sharpton during his tenure on MSNBC, and Mr. Obama received my vote in 2008.

20. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hell!! And I'm fuckin' FRESH outta TROLL-FEED. :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted