Obama picks Biden, who will McCain pick?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by swordfishME, Aug 23, 2008.

1. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

Now that we know who the Democratic Vice-Presidential Candidate will be lets see who John McCain picks. Any guesses?

He needs to steer clear of the old, white male candidates. Unless they are Mormon.

Bobby Jindal is an idiot, Charlie Cist prefers a hairy ass in the bedroom, Condi Rice is too much of a bushite and a war-mongerer.

So how is he left with?

2. Northland

Gold Member

Charlie Cist is long dead-I suspect you meant Crist. And just what's wrong with a hairy ass in the bedroom?

Hil-La-Ry, Hil-la-ry, Hil-la-ry (hell, she'd switch back to Republican in a heartbeat if it meant she could bump off McCain and grab the sceptre of power).

The big rumor is that McCain is leaning towards the man with the weird eyes (Romney-which if you say it loud enough and long enough begins to sound like RAM ME, which is about what we say to pols. on a regular basis.)

Maybe Jeb Bush is available-

3. Principessa

Gold Member

:aargh4: Noooooo! Don't even think that, let alone say it out loud. :yikes: :aargh4:

4. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

Well, enough of Hillary's supporters are spitefully defecting to McCain anyway. He might as well pick her. If nothing else, it'll show a lot about her character if she accepts.

5. Principessa

Gold Member

Hillary is toast. She cooked her own goose when she offered Obama the vice-presidency; even though he was ahead of her in the polls and had more votes in the primarys.

6. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

Jeb Bush? McCain wants a shot at winning not a guranteed loss.

You have to admit that if Obama had chosen her, the republicans would probably not gotten back into the news cycle for another month or so.

If Hillary was considering such a thing, she would not be grand-standing at the Democratic convention like she is scheduled to do so now. Even she has to realize what a bad PR move that would be.

7. daddyknows

daddyknows New Member

Albums:
    was it Joe Biden or Arlen Specter whom during the Clarence Thomas scandal was demeaning and just plain nasty when Anita Hill was called to testify? i don't remember

8. hot-rod

Gold Member

No, the Bushes are finished! Enough damage done! Wish the whole family would just disappear into thin air. Send 'em all on a one-way trip to another galaxy and take Babs & George with 'em.

9. Flashy

Gold Member

great...OBama and Biden

two lawyers by trade.

well, i must say, if OBama could have made a less-inspired pick, i don't know who it would be...and from Delaware of all places.

I guess we can also thank Biden for the Drug Czar, which has been the most colossal failure and waste of money.

Considering Biden supported the War in Iraq, that is pretty intriguing. (though i do agree on the Biden-Brownback bill)

Sort of ironic that Biden urged Kerry to select McCain as his Vice-President..LOL

He voted for the Patriot Act, so i am sure Obama supporters will be thrilled with that one.

He is one of the more moderate democrats, so i guess that is a wise choice, but he is hardly the big name that would have spurred on the ticket.

That being said, I guess it is now up to McCain to make a bigger "splash" with his VP choice.

---

If McCain is looking for the highest profile choice, it has to be Romney. As i said in another thread, I disagree with virtually all of Romeny's social policy, but he is one of the smartest business/management people you will ever find, and there is not a single politician who has his level of business/management acumen.

On that account, he is smarter than Obama, Biden, and McCain combined and multiplied by 20.

but the whole church of latter day saints thing is a bit worrying.

this whole election is absolutely bat-shit weird.

10. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    After the Biden snooze-a-roo, McCain needs to give someone totally unexpected the nod, preferably female, to incite interest in the GOP ticket. Although, I'm not quite sure what female would have enough gravitas to allay fears of McCain kicking it while in office. Condi Rice, perhaps, but there's Bush trouble there. If it's a male, Romney would probably be the logical choice, but there sure isn't much excitement in that pick. :rolleyes:

I'm with Flashy on this one.. this is shaping up to be bat-shit weird, and it would seem both tickets are going to be upside-down. :frown1:

11. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Were you thinking of Carly Fiorina?

At least she would know how to unjam the White House printers.

12. Flashy

Gold Member

If McCain picked a woman, he could sew this up...

there are several Republican Senate women who are well known...

Elizabeth Dole
    Olympia Snowe
    Susan Collins
    Kay Bailey Hutchison

If he chose Dole or Hutchison, it would be a major coup. He would steal virtually all of Obama's thunder instantly.

But Hutchison being from Texas would be a double edge sword...she's be from a huge and important state...but she is tight with the oil industry...

Dole would be a very good choice for him if he chooses a woman, and there would be far less religious right implications.

13. dc9

dc9
    Gold Member

Albums:
    McCain needs to pick someone younger as a VP running mate.

I am a liberal, registered as a democrat.

I just pray that Joe Biden doesnt pull a Mondale and get in a tank and put on a helmet!

I just wish this was over already, I mean all that money Obama raised could have been used to help so many people out there who are struggling, not just from paycheck to paycheck, but minute to minute.

Let's hope, we, the American public get it right and that we don't get screwed again as we did back in 2000. (damn hanging chads)

14. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    How strange would it be to have two Senators on both tickets, though?

15. Flashy

Gold Member

well not that strange...it was Bentsen and Quayle in 88. Quayle and Gore in 92.

edit:sorry didn't realize you meant 4 total senators...that is indeed rare

16. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Colin Powell and the Dems are toast. Sure, there's some pre-war intelligence issues with him, but he obviously parted ways with the Bush admin because they didn't see eye-to-eye on many things.

Who knows if he'd do it, but if McCain taps Powell? It's over.

17. JustAsking

Gold Member

Yes, damn the chads. Actually, I think it was ex-Gov Dukakis

[​IMG]

who did the tank thing.

18. Beryn

Beryn Member

Does Joe Biden have a mullet? His comeback is soooooo long it looks like it.

19. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    He got plugs many years ago. I'm thinking maybe around the time of the Clarence Thomas hearings(?). At present they're a party to one god-awful comb-over! :eek:

20. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hilary should hook up with McCain...cuz life is crazy

Draft saved Draft deleted