Obama: Poll numbers steady - despite Rush Limbaugh's call for "FAILURE"

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Left, Right, Democrat, Republican...all a bunch of hypocritical self serving liars...My fucking head would explode if I even tried to debate political issues with the close minded ignorant fools on either side. We are FUCKED... anyone else feeling me here?

I'd take up arms for a multi-party system.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
regardless of what anybody thinks about what an idiotic and stupid windbag Rush Limbaugh is, it still doesn't really change much, regarding the poll numbers of either Obama or Limbaugh.

only 11% of registered and surveyed Republicans see Limbaugh as the "leader" of the republicans, so if 89% of the surveyed people do not see him as their leader and say he does not represetn them, how can he be? Just be cause he is the loudest and most obnoxious, does not make him a leader, especially when roughly 9 of 10 people from his party do not recognize him as such

Rasmussen Reports: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Site.

also, while people have a personally favorable rating towards Obama on a personal level, job approval is a different story. The MSNBC/WSJ poll that Willtom posted stated, showed only 6 of 10 or 60% approve of the job he is doing, not of him as a person. How people feel towards him is that they have a 2/3rds positive feeling for him personally, not the job he is doing.

Personally, i have a favorable opinion of him as a person, though i do not approve of the job he is doing.

If one looks deeper at the poll numbers, they are hardly overwhelming.

in fact President Obama’s job approval rating in the Gallup Poll as of today was @ 61 percent, with a disapproval rating of 28 percent disapproving

according to a Gallup Poll from MArch 5th-7th 2001, President Bush the Moron had a job approval rating of 63% and a disapproval rating of 22%, this after one of the most divisive and nasty elections in history and a very divided electorate.

So considering George W. Bush is a total retard and one of the top 3 worst presidents of all time, yet the poll numbers are similar, i would say the poll numbers do not say much about President Obama yet, other than 2/3rds of people have a favorable opinion of him personally.

In fact, the NBC/WSJ poll Willtom posted shows some more discordant numbers climbing among the independent voters, who provided the important swing vote for President Obama.

If you look closer at the results which were not posted here, it shows his approval as president at 60%, and disapproval at 26%, but his approval at handling the economy at only 56% while dissapproval on economy is at 36%

There are also more positive results on questions about the likelihood of Obama (very or somewhat likely) these are some but not all.

improving infrastructure.....80%
Pull most American troops out of Iraq within
the next nineteen months....81%closing Guantanomo......82%

extending health care benefits to more folks ..........78%
Improving America's image abroad...81%
get the economy back on track....66% (bizarre considering only 56% approve)
Rework trade deals in our favor....66%
Reduce taxes for the middle class..65%
Create and save three-and-a-half million jobs...62%
Reduce the cost of health care for average
Americans......60%
Reduce the United States' dependence on foreign oil...54%
Create more cooperation and less bickering
between the political parties....52%

that show people believe increasingly Obama will help, but there are also places where it is becoming more negative and the results are all at or under 50% for the likelihood (either very or somewhat) of him

Get the American automobile companies back on
sound footing.....50%
Eliminate waste and fraud in the federal budget...49%

Reduce the influence of lobbyists and
special interests in Washington...........47%
Reduce global warming.....43%
Cut the federal deficit in half by the end
of his first term.........33%

as for the recently passed stimulus, 44% said it was good, 36% bad, 15% no opinion and 5% not sure.

61% Believe the federal government will spend too MUCH money trying to boost the economy and as a result will
drive up the budget deficit.

Of course, then Table 25 shows why most citizens are morons after all the whining about spending too much money.

then 76% think we still have a ways to go before we hit bottom

there are many more interesting numbers in the poll both good and bad

but when you look at who answered the poll and how they voted, it becomes a bit obvious as to why the slant slightly favors the president in many cases

--

A lot of people are unable to get out and vote for many reasons. Did you happen to vote in last November's
election for president? (IF “YES,” ASK:) For whom did you vote––Barack Obama, John McCain, or
someone else?
Yes, Voted ................................... 84
Voted for Barack Obama ................. 44
Voted for John McCain .................... 33
Voted for someone else................... 4
Not sure/refused............................. 3
No, Did Not Vote............................ 14
Not sure ........................................2
^^^^^^
(rather puzzling...how are they not sure if they voted?!?!?! not very reassuring as to what these folks' opinions are, whoever they support or even know if they supported :rolleyes: )

and then this

---
Generally speaking, do you think of yourself as a Democrat, a Republican, an independent, or something else?
Strong Democrat ......................................... 23
Not very strong Democrat ........................... 8
Independent/lean Democrat ....................... 12
Strictly independent..................................... 20
Independent/lean Republican..................... 10
Not very strong Republican ........................ 7
Strong Republican....................................... 13
Other (VOL) ............................................... 4
Not sure ..................................................... 3

--

Thinking about your general approach to issues, do you consider yourself to be liberal, moderate, or conservative?
Very liberal ......................................... 9
Somewhat liberal ............................... 14
Moderate ............................................ 38
Somewhat conservative .................... 19
Very conservative .............................. 15
Not sure............................................ 5

(which to me shows that Obama still has the faith of most moderates, who are willing to wait and see how he does)

These are the full poll results that Willtom was referring to

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/documents/WSJ_NewsPoll_030309.pdf

Make of that what you will, but i do not see anything extraordinary in the numbers for President Obama quite yet and fair or not, as the market and the economy continue to tank, likely those numbers will follow it down, fairly or not.

the numbers of people who were very or somewhat satisfied with the economy were 10% in 1/9...now it is at 7%

the numbers for people who are very or somewhat satisfied with their personal financial situation were 56% in 1/9 and are now at 50%

And this is a very telling response...when asked if OBama inherited or was responsible for the current situation, 84% said inherited, 16% said not -inherited, either his fault or some of both or not sure....so obviously, there are 16% who will not belive in Obama no matter what (likely very far right types)

but here is the rub...of those 84% who said he inherited it, this is when they said it becomes his policies that are responsible

Responsible in less than six months ...................................... 2
Responsible in six months to one year .................................. 13
Responsible in one to two years .......................................... 25
Responsible in two to three years ....................................... 18
Responsible in more than three years .................................. 23
Not sure when responsible ................................................. 3

so when you factor it all in, within 1 year, roughly 31% of those surveyed will hold him responsible. within 2 years, that number jumps to 56% and within 3 years that number is 74% and then there are 23% or so, who are as delusional as the other 16% who said it is pretty much all his fault.

Obama's presidency is staked on the economy, like it or not.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Left, Right, Democrat, Republican...all a bunch of hypocritical self serving liars...My fucking head would explode if I even tried to debate political issues with the close minded ignorant fools on either side. We are FUCKED... anyone else feeling me here?

I agree completely...but you will find plenty of close minded ignorant fools of the far left and far right on this site, though the close-minded left here far outnumbers the close minded right, at least since the rather insane trinity left this place and took her loony right wing rantings away and left it in the hands of the loony left....tread very carefully. :smile:

Randll86

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree completely...but you will find plenty of close minded ignorant fools of the far left and far right on this site, though the close-minded left here far outnumbers the close minded right, at least since the rather insane trinity left this place and took her loony right wing rantings away and left it in the hands of the loony left....tread very carefully. :smile:

Its cool... I love all good willed people, I don't hold their brainwashed minds against them. :smile:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wow... and you get all this from ... where?

From the actions of Michelle Obama.
You know, a woman that is actually raising two children at the same time as taking care of political duties.

Also, nice to see where your biased priorities lay.

If encouraging parents to do their job and raise responsible children at the same time is a "bias", then call me an extremist on this issue. :rolleyes:

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
Rush Limbaugh is a right wing moron and so is anyone who follows him. I look forward to watching him fade into obscurity along with the rest of the Republican party.

Then I'll watch the Democratic party rapidly implode once this moronic bailout charade fails and it turns our recession in to a depression.

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Rush Limbaugh is a right wing moron and so is anyone who follows him. I look forward to watching him fade into obscurity along with the rest of the Republican party.

Then I'll watch the Democratic party rapidly implode once this moronic bailout charade fails and it turns our recession in to a depression.

oh, you're just another cockeyed optimist.

YouTube - SOUTH PACIFIC - Cockeyed Optimist

Last edited:

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm definitely not a Republican, but don't count them out.

American voters have shown themselves to be capable of being pretty stupid in the past. If disillusionment with Obama (which is not the same thing as saying he's really going to fail, incidentally) were to become great enough, the Republicans could make a comeback.

Incidentally Skull, if that's you in your avatar, you've got a really hot bod.

the republican party is DEAD FUCKING DEAD I TELL YOU

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Originally Posted by faceking

... I'll listen to Michael Savage or , well Keith Oblermann.

What a happy, if surprising, flash of common sense.

Nick, just be clear... the post went as such:

If I want 'entertainment' I'll listen to Michael Savage or , well Keith Oblermann.

I don't listen to Rush, and catch Coulter here and there on interviews, but I'm noticing the bed-wetting libs know more about personalities like these than those who actually listen to them.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Nick, just be clear... the post went as such:

If I want 'entertainment' I'll listen to Michael Savage or , well Keith Oblermann.

I don't listen to Rush, and catch Coulter here and there on interviews, but I'm noticing the bed-wetting libs know more about personalities like these than those who actually listen to them.

Not to worry, I actually was clear. I can't imagine how the word "entertainment" fell out when I quoted you originally. Oops.

And for the record, I haven't wet my bed since I was something like 3. But I'll check with my mother just to be sure. :wink:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
James Earl Carter II?

Obama's Approval Rating Slips Amid Division Over Economic Proposals

President Barack Obama’s approval rating has slipped, as a growing number of Americans see him listening more to his party’s liberals than to its moderates and many voice opposition to some of his key economic proposals. Obama’s job approval rating has slipped from 64% in February to 59% currently, while disapproval has jumped from 17% to 26% over this period.

Overview: Obama's Approval Rating Slips Amid Division Over Economic Proposals

D

deleted15807

Match Obama up with any Republican and watch his numbers soar. The party of ideas has no idea left that hasn't been proven wrong except they know how to build wealth. The problem is it's only for the wealthy they know how.

income of the 400 richest Americans soared nearly 23 percent from the previous year to an average of $263 million, according to Internal Revenue Service data. Since 1996 this group has nearly doubled its share of all income earned in the United States.