Obama Response to Ft. Hood Shooting

B_Enough_for_Me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I thought you all might want to read this:

Barack Obama 'insensitive' over his handling of Fort Hood shooting - Times Online
Obama's Frightening Insensitivity Following Shooting | NBC Chicago

Summary: Obama addresses Ft. Hood tragedy with light heart and "shout outs" to audience members.

I know the liberals here will just defend their deity by dragging in Bush, but for everyone else this is pretty amazing.

2 cents: I don't know what this guy is doing. In one week he manages to get two severe head scratching moments. 1) Ft. Hood comments, 2) not attending the Berlin Wall anniversary. Both were very basic exercises of protocol that he completely failed. I can't wait for next week.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
EFM: If you're going to quote me, then please... use the FULL statement:

I should expect this from a lonely, insecure, anonymous, bitter, homophobic, benighted & frenzied, middle aging conservative...

Well, you know the rest. Stay classy, OK chump? :rolleyes:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Obama Gives Shout Out to 'Congressional Medal of Honor Winner' Who Isn't | NewsBusters.org

"Crow's name is not included on the Society's Medal of Honor recipient list. He was, however, awarded the Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor, in August."

"Obama, often described as "cerebral" by the mainstream media, should know the difference between the Medal of Honor and the Medal of Freedom, especially since he personally awarded the latter to Crow."

:rolleyes:

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Obama Gives Shout Out to 'Congressional Medal of Honor Winner' Who Isn't | NewsBusters.org

"Crow's name is not included on the Society's Medal of Honor recipient list. He was, however, awarded the Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor, in August."

"Obama, often described as "cerebral" by the mainstream media, should know the difference between the Medal of Honor and the Medal of Freedom, especially since he personally awarded the latter to Crow."

:rolleyes:

You can have it. The cutesy ads and defaced images of Obama quickly let me know it wasn't the most objective of sources out there. No need to bother reading any more.

Weren't you conservatives recently wailing that the president should be respected even when you disagree with him?

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
You can read the quote on any number of sources. Had Bush committed the faux pas he'd have certainly been mocked to this day.

There's no agree/disagree at issue here. Giving a 'shout out' to a MoH recipient would hardly be appropriate, I don't care who you are. Not great for a MoF recipient, either. It was an off-teleprompter moment gone awry.

D

deleted15807

Weren't you conservatives recently wailing that the president should be respected even when you disagree with him?

Exactly. From Cheney on down the message was 'you want the terrorists to win' if you dare utter a word. The French did and we had to rename french fries to freedom fries. And of course the French were spectacularly right about not invading Iraq.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It always seems rather hypocritical to me for political leaders to go around showing deep sorrow over the deaths of people they never knew who died as inevitable consequences of policies they supported and still support. This shooting is a bit out of the usual and we don't know precisely why it happened. It is likely though that the root cause is this ongoing war. I hear Obama is broadly against it. Should he tell the truth and say 'more stupid pointless deaths which aren't solving anything'.

In this country I am incresingly annoyed at people who suggest it is disrespect to those who have died to criticise the policy which led to their deaths. It is used as a tactic to stifle criticism of a ridiculous military adventure when the inevitable bodies start coming home.

Hmm. I didn't mean to say that when I started. I tend to try to hold to the middle line, that there may be some good reason for the war in Afghanistan. But frankly No one has shown there is. 7/11 was due to incompetent security within the US. So how to fix it? why, obvious, go on a berserker raid against homelands of anyone you perceive might have done it. Never in history did this work. Just escalates the conflict. Wars are only ever solved by making peace and while you have to have military might to enforce it, if you use it indiscriminately that just makes matters worse. Of course, if you have a plan to build a world spanning empire and force your own wlil on others, then you have to use tactics like invading other countries. And accept the consequent deaths on your own side. America is very hallf hearted about its wars. And coming back to Obama's problem, stuck in a mire it created.

Ericsson1228d

Experimental Member
Media
You can read the quote on any number of sources. Had Bush committed the faux pas he'd have certainly been mocked to this day.

There's no agree/disagree at issue here. Giving a 'shout out' to a MoH recipient would hardly be appropriate, I don't care who you are. Not great for a MoF recipient, either. It was an off-teleprompter moment gone awry.

It's what happens when the talking head doesn't have a speechwriter feeding him his lines on a prompter. The man doesn't even know how he is supposed to react. I realize the scale of the tragedy is different, but compare Obama's reaction to Ft. Hood with GW's reaction to 9/11. In one instance I saw a person who was genuinely affected by the event, who spoke with conviction and expressed the pain of the nation. In the other case, it was "jokey time" and he acted as if it was a car crash with nobody injured, and admonished the citizenry to not "jump to conclusions." Well B. Hussein, the evidence is pouring in that the shooter was a Muslim radical. So, what conclusion shouldn't we jump to? Obama is quick to try and protect the criminal, in the meantime, our troops in Afghanistan are STILL WAITING for a decision on what is happening with that war.

People can call GW a hawk, moron, idiot, etc, but at least we had a real person who wasn't afraid to stand up for his convictions in the WH, and actually have a connection with the American people.

Once again, Obama's actions make him look ineffective, and clueless.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's what happens when the talking head doesn't have a speechwriter feeding him his lines on a prompter. The man doesn't even know how he is supposed to react. I realize the scale of the tragedy is different, but compare Obama's reaction to Ft. Hood with GW's reaction to 9/11. In one instance I saw a person who was genuinely affected by the event, who spoke with conviction and expressed the pain of the nation. In the other case, it was "jokey time" and he acted as if it was a car crash with nobody injured, and admonished the citizenry to not "jump to conclusions." Well B. Hussein, the evidence is pouring in that the shooter was a Muslim radical. So, what conclusion shouldn't we jump to? Obama is quick to try and protect the criminal, in the meantime, our troops in Afghanistan are STILL WAITING for a decision on what is happening with that war.

People can call GW a hawk, moron, idiot, etc, but at least we had a real person who wasn't afraid to stand up for his convictions in the WH, and actually have a connection with the American people.

Once again, Obama's actions make him look ineffective, and clueless.

Utter bollocks.

Give us all a break.

Christ.

SR_Blarney_Frank

Experimental Member
Media

Dude there are 20 minute blooper reels of him on YouTube which go well beyond mistaking the Medal of Honor for the Medal of Freedom or whatever the faux outrage du jour is today.

Reading My Pet Goat while the towers burned might be at the top of the list.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media

Barack Obama 'insensitive' over his handling of Fort Hood shooting - Times Online

Summary: Obama addresses Ft. Hood tragedy with light heart and "shout outs" to audience members.

I know the liberals here will just defend their deity by dragging in Bush, but for everyone else this is pretty amazing.

2 cents: I don't know what this guy is doing. In one week he manages to get two severe head scratching moments. 1) Ft. Hood comments, 2) not attending the Berlin Wall anniversary. Both were very basic exercises of protocol that he completely failed. I can't wait for next week.

This is retarded. How about concentrating on the terrible policy stances he has, and his complete inaction on issues that he was elected on?

This is stupid sideshow shit that exists to keep you distracted from how much you are being fucked by the government.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Dude there are 20 minute blooper reels of him on YouTube which go well beyond mistaking the Medal of Honor for the Medal of Freedom or whatever the faux outrage du jour is today.

Reading My Pet Goat while the towers burned might be at the top of the list.

Might I suggest the book, "Misunderestimated & Overunderappreciated" for ANYONE who even thinks Obama's non-teleprompter blunders are worse than the gaffes of our previous man in charge.

I mean, come on... Medal of Honor vs. Medal of Freedom. At least they're both medals of high regard to worthy recipients. But when your president of choice says things like, "A free Iraq will be a major defeat in the cause of freedom", then perhaps he should put down "My Pet Goat" and pick up a "Hooked On Phonics" pamphlet. Don't let your disdain for the current administration make you an outright hater, people.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Eh, I'll give him some benefit of the doubt here... facts and fiction are pouring in, you don't have time to have your ppl vet what the American ppl think, etc...

What was funny was the "let's not rush to judgement" statement... where's at least the "Hasan acted stupidly" comment?... he forgot you don't need the facts in order to speak out your opinion. I laugh at the empty drivel that comes out of his mouth... we're going to make sure this doesn't happen again... pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha ha... that would require profiling. That dude of an attorney general of his is more worried about backlash... I'll worry about backlash when deaths as a result from backlashes start to out number the deaths from terrorists.

HASAN = extremist Muslim terrorist.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Eh, I'll give him some benefit of the doubt here... facts and fiction are pouring in, you don't have time to have your ppl vet what the American ppl think, etc...

What was funny was the "let's not rush to judgement" statement... where's at least the "Hasan acted stupidly" comment?... he forgot you don't need the facts in order to speak out your opinion. I laugh at the empty drivel that comes out of his mouth... we're going to make sure this doesn't happen again... pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha ha... that would require profiling. That dude of an attorney general of his is more worried about backlash... I'll worry about backlash when deaths as a result from backlashes start to out number the deaths from terrorists.

HASAN = extremist Muslim terrorist.

There is no one hear listening to this blather. Save it for the guy at the corner store in Vallejo, or Auburn, or wherever.