Obama roasts McCain!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by flame boy, Oct 17, 2008.

1. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

This guy is actually pretty damn funny - check out the video of Obama giving his comical speech at the Al Smith dinner.

YouTube - Obama Roasts McCain.

2. TBoneSteak

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    hahaha that was really good!

Obama's the man

3. sparky11point5

sparky11point5 New Member

Actually, I thought both McCain and Obama were funny, relaxed, and charming. Too bad this is not more common in US politics right now. Given the vitriol of the campaigns, and repeated on this site by both sides (although the liberals are clearly right) what gives? Is it that the real people involved are actually less partisan than many voters, or are they that cynical that they can manipulate us into a frenzy?

Back to my partisan self ..

I am glad that the old, bitter, nasty, Senator McGrumpy-pants ran in this election, as opposed to the guy in this video, he really has helped Obama.

One House. One Car. One Wife. Obama/Biden '08

4. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

5. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

I didn't find McCain as entertaining, I know that both he and Obama were obviously reading off a script written by their writing team but I found Obama to be genuine and actually funny. McCain wasn't quite hitting it right for me, he gave a good try and his Hillary joke was great, but his delivery was off.

I guess that's why he is a politician and not a comedian. Obama did a great job and I loved his Superman and "I'm too awesome" jokes.

6. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Obama was funny about the superman reference. But most of this other shit was kind of trendy and boring. He played it cool and easy like usual. Not a problem still kind of funny. McCain was hilarious though. Maybe it just seemed more funny because it was coming from him but he was hilarious. I mean if you want to really debate who won (see my other thread), they were both very funny but I thought McCain was a little better, a little more risky.

#6 Skull Mason, Oct 17, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  7. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    A little off topic but funny..........David Letterman said that Obama is very high tech in advertising and has actually placed ads in xbox video games. Not to be outdone, McCain has placed ads inside of MRI machines.....(rimshot)

Draft saved Draft deleted