Obama says we're not better off than we were 4 years ago

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Part of the reason he's saying that is because everyone is thinking it and he knows it. If he denied it, a lot fo his voters would've bailed upon hearing so.

Everyone expects some hero to swoop in and save the day; the economy will become fabulous overnight! Not how the world works people; IT'S GONNA TAKE SOME FREAKIN' TIME! In my opinion, we might not be better off than four years ago, but we are in a better position to BECOME better off than we're were four years...I'm really just making educated guesses can anyone back me up on this with actual fact? Doctorates, Phd's, Bachelors?

alottafuntoyz

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obama ran for office with the promise that he could fix this mess......
He also said that if the economy didn't improve in three years, he didn't deserve another term.

ripsrips

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Oh wait!...I hear the blame Bush crowd coming!...forgetting all the wasted money that obama and his congress did for two years plus all the anti-job policies...Etc...etc...etc...of course he'll blame today's congress and try to make it look like he was never involved in any decisions of the past 3 years...and distance himself from his own record. HE CAN'T EVEN RUN ON HIS RECORD. Oh yeah he'll just blame Bush!

He doesn't even deserve a fourth year!

Last edited:

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
Maybe we are maybe not but the Repbs did everything in their power to keep the country in the ditch because they wanted Obama to fail, as far as I am concerned the Repbs. have shit in their own nest........... I usually vote for the man not the party and there is nothing in the Repb field that is better than what is there right now. I'll be voting Obama.

B_enzia35

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Part of the reason he's saying that is because everyone is thinking it and he knows it. If he denied it, a lot fo his voters would've bailed upon hearing so.

Everyone expects some hero to swoop in and save the day; the economy will become fabulous overnight! Not how the world works people; IT'S GONNA TAKE SOME FREAKIN' TIME! In my opinion, we might not be better off than four years ago, but we are in a better position to BECOME better off than we're were four years...I'm really just making educated guesses can anyone back me up on this with actual fact? Doctorates, Phd's, Bachelors?

Wow, keep making excuses for the guy...Obama promised that he would place his hands on this country and heal it. Lots of people believed it. But even with control of all three branches, he still had a hard time passing anything of his.

Are you sure you want to be asking the really educated people for their opinion?

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe we are maybe not but the Repbs did everything in their power to keep the country in the ditch because they wanted Obama to fail, as far as I am concerned the Repbs. have shit in their own nest........... I usually vote for the man not the party and there is nothing in the Repb field that is better than what is there right now. I'll be voting Obama.

I'm confused here, houtx. President Obama had complete control of the government for the first two years he was in office. Exactly how did the Republicans stop anything that he wanted to pass during those two years to "keep the country in the ditch?"

President Bush, when he lost control of both the House & Senate, still was able to get his agenda/policies passed through a very hostile, controlling opposition.

Why can't President Obama do the same thing?

Sklar

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Really? why I am so completely stunned, I thought we were light years ahead by now.:rolleyes:

Obama ran for office with the promise that he could fix this mess......
He also said that if the economy didn't improve in three years, he didn't deserve another term.
But now he swears he can heal all the wounds even the ones he created so we simply must jump up and down and proclaim him the messiah.

Oh wait!...I hear the blame Bush crowd coming!...forgetting all the wasted money that obama and his congress did for two years plus all the anti-job policies...Etc...etc...etc...of course he'll blame today's congress and try to make it look like he was never involved in any decisions of the past 3 years...and distance himself from his own record. HE CAN'T EVEN RUN ON HIS RECORD. Oh yeah he'll just blame Bush!

He doesn't even deserve a fourth year!
But it is all the fault of Bush and all those nasty republicans. Just ask any Democrat.

The Dems have had several chances to move things forward but even now they are fighting among themselves, they are just as culpable for the failures of the Obama years as the President and the Republicans.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow, keep making excuses for the guy...Obama promised that he would place his hands on this country and heal it. Lots of people believed it. But even with control of all three branches, he still had a hard time passing anything of his.

Are you sure you want to be asking the really educated people for their opinion?

The US Supreme Court has been firmly right-leaning for many years.

I'm confused here, houtx. President Obama had complete control of the government for the first two years he was in office. Exactly how did the Republicans stop anything that he wanted to pass during those two years to "keep the country in the ditch?"

President Bush, when he lost control of both the House & Senate, still was able to get his agenda/policies passed through a very hostile, controlling opposition.

Why can't President Obama do the same thing?

Sklar

Obama's "complete control"? Check the history of Republican filibuster and obstruction of Democratic-sponsored legislation. Do you have any idea how government works in practice?

As to Bush, do you recall, for example his failed attempt to "privatize" Social Security?

B_enzia35

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No better off IMO. But who won office by prociming he was going to fix everything?
Obama had control of the house and senate since '06. Which is what I meant. Although he might get the court soon...

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No better off IMO. But who won office by prociming he was going to fix everything?

Gee, did you forget that EVERY POLITICIAN WHO EVER RAN FOR ANY OFFICE ANYWHERE promised they would fix everything?

For heaven's sake, how disingenuous can you be? "He promised he'd fix everything and he didn't! Oh my god! What an outrage! The sky is falling! Aaaagghhhhh.......!!!"

ripsrips

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
America, this is our moment. This is our time. Our time to turn the page on the policies of the past. Our time to bring new energy and new ideas to the challenges we face. Our time to offer a new direction for the country we love. The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on earth.

1, Hateful rhetoric, class warfare, racism...Oh yeah and all spoken by HIS party.

2, New Energy...Can you say Solyndra? Experts say we have more Oil & Natural Gas than the Middle East…but environmental wackos who want to be held hostage by opec.

3, New direction...55% say No More!

4, Country we love....first time your wife loved it was in 08'...still have my doubts on how much he does! If you really love something/someone you don't try to change them you embrace it and improve on free market economy not hinder it.

5, Difficult and long journey...you bet...nobody gets everything they want!

6, Humility and limitations...celebrity parties at the white house every week...golf every chance he gets(has played more golf than the past 3 presidents combined) out of control wife taking extravagant vacations!

7, I have faith Americans will throw your ass out on the street...next election!

8, Hard to work for it when he blames everyone but himself.

9, Generations from now our great grandchildren will still be paying for all the DEBT HE accrued under HIS watch!

10, Obamacare, Most likely will be declared unconstitutional!

11, Unemployment if you look at the true number close to 16%.

12, Oceans look the same to me...unless he was talking how the ocean recedes right before a tsunami?

13, It rained yesterday so I guess that means new weeds will grow so....healing? Nope, I buy roundup 5 gallons at a time.

14, Wars ended? Nope. He's killing American citizens too. and involved us in a third conflict in Libya!

15, Border still unsecured!

16, Still blames our country for the world's problems...and Bush.

17, We are the BEST...and think of how great we'll be when he's forever gone!

Last edited:

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The US Supreme Court has been firmly right-leaning for many years.

Obama's "complete control"? Check the history of Republican filibuster and obstruction of Democratic-sponsored legislation. Do you have any idea how government works in practice?

As to Bush, do you recall, for example his failed attempt to "privatize" Social Security?

Sigh. Instead of trying to talk down to me, please actually talk to me. You seem to be avoiding my point in regards to President Obama, SilverTrain. During his first two years in office please name me all the bills that he wanted to pass that the Republicans, who were out of power, actually stopped from becoming law.

As for Social Security, there was opposition to that from both parties. There was broad bipartisan opposition to that. That example doesn't quite fit into my point listed above.
Sklar

B_enzia35

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Would it matter who I put up? Y'all would just find something to not like about them. I mean, no one is completely perfect to anyone. My preference right now is Perry, but he does have that pandering to illegal immigrants thing.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Again, it appears the true "patriots" of 'Mericuh believe yelling and screaming about Obama and crying over the spilled milk that is the 8-year Bush Administration have yet to figure out how to work for the better of the country and their neighbors other than act like petty children.

Reactions: dreamer20

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Would it matter who I put up? Y'all would just find something to not like about them. I mean, no one is completely perfect to anyone. My preference right now is Perry, but he does have that pandering to illegal immigrants thing.

Is it just illegal immigrants or is it that your a flaming racist and hate anyone with skin a different color than yours.