Obama: Sham. Actor. Liar.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Mar 30, 2009.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Barack Obama, August 2008, "The banks have made our lives more difficult."

Hmm. Wall Street is bad. Funny that Barack Obama installed an Administration of Wall Street, by Wall Street and for Wall Street. No oil executives. No auto, no silicon valley, no defense, no women's rights, no retirees, no small business - only Wall Street - the most Wall Street intensive Cabinet in U.S. history.

"Once in office, I will begin to recall our troops immediately."
    Once elected, the timetable was moved to 6 months. Then 18 months. Then 23 months.

Oops. Then 30,000 more troops were committed to Afghanistan, doubling the total number of U.S. forces in the crosshairs.

Then Obama announced that he would be sending missile systems into Eastern Europe to encircle Russia. What? Diplomacy? What happened?

Oops!! Kept on Bush Secretary of Defense Robert Gates. Um, what, Barry?

Obama swears to repeal the Patriot Act. Oops! He voted to re-authorize it.

Next, Obama vows to repeal illegal wiretapping. Oops -- then he votes to legalize it. He pushes to warrant government wiretapping. Don't remember that in the campaign speeches.

Obama campaigns and tells union workers that he will re-negotiate NAFTA because it was clearly a 'mistake.' Oops! Then his campaign manager tells Canada 'not to worry' its only campaign rhetoric.

Next, Obama wins the hearts of bleeding heart liberals with the closing of Guantanomo Bay. But, oops. He signs an executive order endorsing the continued practice of 'secret ubductions.' - allowing prisoners to be sent to foreign countries to be tortured, and 'secret prisoners' and 'secret detention' to extract information from uncharged prisoners without trial.

England threatened to release U.S. and British torture orders and Obama threatened to cut off all U.S. intelligence ties to England and stated that the program was important to U.S. security -- basically endorsing Bush's position.

Yep. That's right. He voted to re-instate the Patriot Act.

Barack Obama promised to eliminate all lobbyists and donors from the Administration.

Oops.

William Lynn - top lobbyist from Raytheon - #2 position in Dept. of Defense.
    Mark Patterson - #2 staff position in Dept. of Treasury - former top lobbyist for Goldman Sachs
    George Mitchell - Middle East Envoy - former top lobbyist to Saudi Royal Family
    Head of CIA - Leon Panetta - former top Wall Street lobbyist
    Obama tapped Tom Daschle for head of Dept. of Health and Human Services- former top lobbyist for healthcare

Obama said that he was upset about the bank bailout. Yet he appointed Rahm Emmanuel - former Wall Street Exec - as his chief of staff

Obama said that the gov't was capping CEO salary for Banks and Wall Street firms at $250K. He forgot to tell us that it didn't apply to major banks and brokerage firms -- because they are exempt. It only applies to banks that request additional gov't funds...and its based on the 'honor system.'

Barack Obama has delivered everything except what he promised.

Sorry.

2. pym

pym New Member

I don't know about anybody else here, but i see not 1 iota of proof to substantiate any of Festors claims here. NOT 1 . I think he needs to go back to the drawing board and provide Credible PROOF of every single 1 of his "CLAIMS".
    More disturbingly{for me at least}, This entire post of "HIS" stinks of Plagerism. Who really Wrote all that Festor?
    I have to say, This ENTIRE post reminds me VERY much of another member on this site's Posting style.
    Wonder whom that could be....eh Festor?:rolleyes:

You are a fucking traitor to my country.

3. B_starinvestor

Indulge me, PYMple. Who's writing/posting style? Trust me, you can't offend me.

What do you want, video clips of your hero?

Are you disputing the above? Or are you just embarrassed that your hero is a phony?

#3 B_starinvestor, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  4. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

The op is awful. I can't even read it because the style is that bad.
    And, I'm not asking for a scholarly offering, however, sources, youtube links, and a clear structure of your argument - too much to ask for?

5. B_starinvestor

Are you serious, SA?

That's a lot of research in that post; I'm sorry if it didn't meet your grammatical approval. Was it so confusing and discombobulated that you couldn't formulate a response to the thesis of the thread - you just wanted to attack the English?

I've seen a lot of posts on this site. I think you can get through the OP, SA.

6. pym

pym New Member

It's really to bad that you are too stupid to know when to quit.
    I am going to cut and paste your entire post here, and send it on to the White House web-site expressing my concern that a certain individual on a particular web-site has been on a continous campaign of hatred and and dis-loyalty as regards the freely elected government of my country. I think it is the VERY least i can do as a LOYAL American.
    Un-like you, i actually have served my country, you fucking Chicken-hawk.
    And for what? So jack-ass's like you can constantly try to tear it down.
    FUCK-YOU!

7. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    I :heart: BHO.

And you can't stop me! :wave:

8. B_starinvestor

Go get 'em PYMple.

9. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

On a thread entitled "U.S. buying stakes in banks may actually work", started by one... starinvestor!...in October, 2008, the starman writes:

"$250 billion of the $750 billion bailout package is earmarked for the government to buy shares of preferred stock in U.S. banks. As much as I'm against gov't intervention -- this move really may be effective."

Oops! Oops! OOPS!

10. D_Rod Staffinbone

D_Rod Staffinbone Account Disabled

star,

how does this differ from your party of choice?

some, such as the NAFTA "re-negotiation" i knew would never happen.
    i still voted for the guy. it's still early in his term and he's still got my support. but yeah, there have been disappointments, as there were with bill clinton. but the bush / cheney years were more than a disappointment, those years were an american nightmare for many of us.

we've been lied to before and we'll be lied to again. results, and intentions to some extent, are what we need to
    measure politicians by, IMO. i always use a condom no matter how much i trust them.

#11 D_Rod Staffinbone, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  11. B_starinvestor

Good call, WT. Only thing, Paulson and the liars completely lied about the bailout package. They sold us a bill of goods that was garbage. And nothing has changed with this Administration. Although I admire your rational defense of the Obama Admin. There are powers that are way beyond Bush, just as they are way beyond Obama.

12. pym

pym New Member

O.K. Festie! Here ya go. This is the letter of concern {cut and pasted exactly} i just sent on to the White House @ WhiteHouse.gov
    Don't know that it will amount to a hill of beans, but it sure made me feel good.

To Whom it may concern, I am writing to express my concern about an individual who calls himself "STARINVESTOR". This individual constantly posts Hatefull and disrespectful slights against our freely elected government and current leadership. I am including his most recent post against our president. This individual posts from the Kentucky/Cincinati ohio area. His chosen arena to constantly post his hatred from is the LPSG.ORG web-site. It concerns me greatly that any American could possibly be so hatefull and ungratefull to live in a nation as wonderfull as our country. If the White House would like to posit a line or two regarding this "gentlemans" postions, I will forward them on to the aforementioned web-site, in "STARINVESTORS" care.
    You have my best regards and greatest respect.
    Here are his{StarInvestors} thoughts regarding President Obama for today:

Obama: Sham. Actor. Liar.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Barack Obama, August 2008, "The banks have made our lives more difficult."
    Hmm. Wall Street is bad. Funny that Barack Obama installed an Administration of Wall Street, by Wall Street and for Wall Street. No oil executives. No auto, no silicon valley, no defense, no women's rights, no retirees, no small business - only Wall Street - the most Wall Street intensive Cabinet in U.S. history.
    Once elected, the timetable was moved to 6 months. Then 18 months. Then 23 months.
    Oops. Then 30,000 more troops were committed to Afghanistan, doubling the total number of U.S. forces in the crosshairs.
    Then Obama announced that he would be sending missile systems into Eastern Europe to encircle Russia. What? Diplomacy? What happened?
    Oops!! Kept on Bush Secretary of Defense Robert Gates. Um, what, Barry?
    Obama swears to repeal the Patriot Act. Oops! He voted to re-authorize it.
    Next, Obama vows to repeal illegal wiretapping. Oops -- then he votes to legalize it. He pushes to warrant government wiretapping. Don't remember that in the campaign speeches.
    Obama campaigns and tells union workers that he will re-negotiate NAFTA because it was clearly a 'mistake.' Oops! Then his campaign manager tells Canada 'not to worry' its only campaign rhetoric.
    Next, Obama wins the hearts of bleeding heart liberals with the closing of Guantanomo Bay. But, oops. He signs an executive order endorsing the continued practice of 'secret ubductions.' - allowing prisoners to be sent to foreign countries to be tortured, and 'secret prisoners' and 'secret detention' to extract information from uncharged prisoners without trial.
    England threatened to release U.S. and British torture orders and Obama threatened to cut off all U.S. intelligence ties to England and stated that the program was important to U.S. security -- basically endorsing Bush's position.
    Yep. That's right. He voted to re-instate the Patriot Act.
    Barack Obama promised to eliminate all lobbyists and donors from the Administration.
    Oops.
    William Lynn - top lobbyist from Raytheon - #2 position in Dept. of Defense.
    Mark Patterson - #2 staff position in Dept. of Treasury - former top lobbyist for Goldman Sachs
    George Mitchell - Middle East Envoy - former top lobbyist to Saudi Royal Family
    Head of CIA - Leon Panetta - former top Wall Street lobbyist
    Obama tapped Tom Daschle for head of Dept. of Health and Human Services- former top lobbyist for healthcare

Obama said that he was upset about the bank bailout. Yet he appointed Rahm Emmanuel - former Wall Street Exec - as his chief of staff
    Obama said that the gov't was capping CEO salary for Banks and Wall Street firms at $250K. He forgot to tell us that it didn't apply to major banks and brokerage firms -- because they are exempt. It only applies to banks that request additional gov't funds...and its based on the 'honor system.'
    Barack Obama has delivered everything except what he promised.
    Sorry.

13. B_starinvestor

It doesn't. My party sucks. But the flag-carriers for the Obama faction are impenetrable drones. He's a liar and bullshitter - no different than Bush - but a much better speaker than Bush and a better salesman. And BTW, Clinton was the best salesman since JFK; and Obama beats them both.

I'm with you, here. Its just that no one else admits it on the left wing.

14. D_Rod Staffinbone

great pym, now they'll be watching all of us, if they weren't already.
    i understand your frustration but....

and star,

i've always considered myself independent. was green party for about 12 years. am currently a registered democrat.
    expecting a politician not to lie is like expecting a dog not to slobber. it's just part of their nature, but WHAT they lie about, and what the ENDGAME is, at least to me, is what matters.

#15 D_Rod Staffinbone, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  15. pym

pym New Member

I have NOTHING to worry about.
    I will always defend America.

16. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Star, you may have researched this post, but you are not citing the referenced material.
    Also, the format is nearly impossible to follow. This is a slightly better -

Point #...
    Obama failed to make good on his campaign promise to end the military campaigns begun under Bush.

His pre-election statements were:
    Once elected, the timetable was moved to 6 months. Then 18 months. Then 23 months. (*)

Your position on this matter:
    Oops. Then 30,000 more troops were committed to Afghanistan, doubling the total number of U.S. forces in the crosshairs. (*)

* Your points are incorrect here, and quite dishonest in their generalization of Obama's statements. It was Iraq and never Afghanistan that Obama referenced for the drawdown - Source: The first presidential debate, Source: Time Magazine

Taking away the issue of your fictitious associations - there is a way to announce sub-topics with sources that make it easier for the reader to follow. :smile:

17. B_starinvestor

Wow, you cagy super-sleuth, PYMple.

Why don't your report your Commander-In-Chief that re-authorized the Patriot Act or ask your hero why he kept Gates on as Defense Secretary?

You sure are a crafty [veteran.]

18. B_starinvestor

This is absolutely not what I suggested.:wink:

No, SA. It wasn't my position on the matter. His position on the matter was that he would withdraw troops immediately. He subsequently changed that position to 23 months.

I guess he *forgot* to mention a re-doubling of troops to Afghanistan during his campaign.

You are redirecting my statement.

If you didn't like the content, just say it. There are no fictitious associations. If you think so - please point it/them out.

19. D_Rod Staffinbone

i'm sure you're a good guy with good intentions, but so were albert einstein, martin luther king, and john lennon, all were put under u.s. government surveillance. didn't matter which party was in power either.

i guess it's already been sent. so no use talking about it now.
    kindof like "no call back" position in "dr. strangelove".

Draft saved Draft deleted