Obama Sounded Ridiculous in Fox News Interview - his HC plan sounded the same

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Healthcare reform will pass.

What is next on the agenda that Republicans will start saying "No" to?

After the State of the Union when Obama said he was pivoting to jobs was the time when he could have salvaged this. Now...it's too late. Whether Obama and the Dems get their healthcare bill passed or not...they have screwed themselves.

I love it when the liberal MSM keeps stating that Obama and the Dems intend to make the American people see what the benefits of the bill are all the way to November and they are confident that they will be able to sell it after it's passed.

Obama and the Dems are completely tone deaf and arrogant...they have completely lost the pulse of the American people.

Everyone has said that they want the basic benefits that everyone agrees on...they don't want Obama's bill. They know it costs too much, they know it will raise their taxes, they know it won't provide benefits for 4 years, they know it will increase the deficit, they know it won't improve quality of care or access to care. They know it. And the Democrats will NEVER be able to sell it. NEVER.

The Dems are out in November for being stupid.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
My memory's foggy, but wasn't Trinity an ardent Hillary supporter back in the primaries?

Many, including Obama and Dems are asserting that Obama must pass this bill for his Presidency. Obama made this about the effectiveness of his Presidency when he refused to pivot. Pres. Clinton effectively pivoted from healthcare and was reelected. It is conceivable that Obama could have even taken the issue back up when the jobs situation was stabilized. But no, Obama's arrogance made it about his legacy instead of what this country truly needs.

And it is not this mess of bills. Now, the Dems will be out for being Stupid and whether he gets his bill or not, Obama will be severely damaged because he doesn't understand that sometimes when you win - you actually lose.

It would have been better to listen to the American people, work on jobs and do the things all Americans agree on incrementally. Because the American people aren't stupid...we know the government control in the bill, we know that the bill increases the deficit, we know that Medicare and Social Security are insolvent, we know Obama is spending us into collapse, we know we cannot afford another entitlement.

This bill pass or fail will be the defining mistake of Obama's Presidency.

Oh, and to answer your question...Yes. I supported Hillary for President in the primaries. Hope to support her again in 2012.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My memory's foggy, but wasn't Trinity an ardent Hillary supporter back in the primaries?

It "pretended" to be one.
Nobody could be for Hillary Clinton and then be this adamantly against the current administration unless they are just crazy, voted by way of vagina, or was a devoted follower of Rush Limbaugh back in 2008 when he suggested that Republicans should vote in Democratic Primaries for Clinton (as if she would have been any easier to defeat during the actual election).

Kinda explains why after all of this time, it has not revealed to anyone on this board for nearly 2 years what political affiliation it leans towards, nor whom it voted for (if at all) during the 2008 election. Then again, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
It "pretended" to be one.
Nobody could be for Hillary Clinton and then be this adamantly against the current administration unless they are just crazy, voted by way of vagina, or was a devoted follower of Rush Limbaugh back in 2008 when he suggested that Republicans should vote in Democratic Primaries for Clinton (as if she would have been any easier to defeat during the actual election).

Kinda explains why after all of this time, it has not revealed to anyone on this board for nearly 2 years what political affiliation it leans towards, nor whom it voted for (if at all) during the 2008 election. Then again, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

No pretense. I supported Hillary Clinton. Many Tea Party members voted for Obama and are marching on DC right now because they don't support Obama's policies or the direction he is taking this nation. :rolleyes:

Which explains Obama's low approval ratings despite being elected last November.

I've always been a Democrat. I've stated that more than once.

D

deleted3782

Oh, and to answer your question...Yes. I supported Hillary for President in the primaries. Hope to support her again in 2012.

A Secretary of State running against her incumbent chief?

jodude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
You guys just need a decent universal healthcare system, as you're the only 1st world and industrialised nation to not have one. That's all he's attempting to do and yeah it won't happen overnight but in years to come it will be one of the best things he ever did and you will realise then. This sort of system allows everyone access to basic medical, mental health and dental care. The cost of any medical attention in your country is so out of proportion it's just whacked and it seems like he realises that and is all for change.

D

deleted3782

You guys just need a decent universal healthcare system, as you're the only 1st world and industrialised nation to not have one. That's all he's attempting to do and yeah it won't happen overnight but in years to come it will be one of the best things he ever did and you will realise then. This sort of system allows everyone access to basic medical, mental health and dental care. The cost of any medical attention in your country is so out of proportion it's just whacked and it seems like he realises that and is all for change.

I agree with everything you said...but the devil is in the details. :wink:

People forget that Americans fought like this over social security. My grandfather hated President Roosevelt with passion because of social security. One day when visiting my grandfather, my dad found him with a pad of paper and pencil...figuring out how much he had earned through social security several years after retirement. He discovered he already had been given far more than he ever put in to the system! From then on...he loved social security (but he still hated Roosevelt till the day he died).

History repeats.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media

That's like telling a family who's father lost his job, the mother is working part time, they are in foreclosure on their home and they owe more than both their yearly salaries in debt on credit cards that they should send the Father to school full-time. Sure, eventually with a Master's degree it would help the family but in the meantime they will lose the home, be living on the street, the kids will go hungry and the family will essentially fail.

No, the Father should get a new job, take a few classes at night if he can get some financial assistance from his job and do it incrementally until the family is stabilized.

This is the worst economic recession of Obama's lifetime. The U.S is in the worst debt of the nation's history. Medicare is insolvent, Social Security is bankrupt, banks are failing.

Costs have not been controlled in any universal plan. In fact just the opposite. Hope and Change?

This isn't about rhetoric. We need something that works - not a "start" to collapse.

D

deleted15807

I agree with everything you said...but the devil is in the details. :wink:

People forget that Americans fought like this over social security. My grandfather hated President Roosevelt with passion because of social security. One day when visiting my grandfather, my dad found him with a pad of paper and pencil...figuring out how much he had earned through social security several years after retirement. He discovered he already had been given far more than he ever put in to the system! From then on...he loved social security (but he still hated Roosevelt till the day he died).

History repeats.

And eventually it will be something no American will imagine going back to the old days.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
And eventually it will be something no American will imagine going back to the old days.

Starting with The Doc Fix...it makes the bill a lie. It isn't deficit neutral and in fact increases deficit. If future congresses refuse to enforce the Cadillac tax, it puts us further in the hole. Double counting of Medicare Cuts will insure that solvency of Medicare won't be extended.

Before the 2012 election everyone will know that this was a mistake. Benefits don't kick in until 2014, higher taxes, higher premiums, no control of healthcare costs, further insolvency of Medicare and reduced revenues due to lack of jobs...

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's like telling a family who's father lost his job, the mother is working part time, they are in foreclosure on their home and they owe more than both their yearly salaries in debt on credit cards that they should send the Father to school full-time. Sure, eventually with a Master's degree it would help the family but in the meantime they will lose the home, be living on the street, the kids will go hungry and the family will essentially fail.
lol... priceless.

Costs have not been controlled in any universal plan. In fact just the opposite.
Just because you can physically arrange the words together and form a sentence, doesn't make them factually true.

Last edited:

mikeyh9in

Cherished Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Many, including Obama and Dems are asserting that Obama must pass this bill for his Presidency. Obama made this about the effectiveness of his Presidency when he refused to pivot. Pres. Clinton effectively pivoted from healthcare and was reelected. It is conceivable that Obama could have even taken the issue back up when the jobs situation was stabilized. But no, Obama's arrogance made it about his legacy instead of what this country truly needs.

And it is not this mess of bills. Now, the Dems will be out for being Stupid and whether he gets his bill or not, Obama will be severely damaged because he doesn't understand that sometimes when you win - you actually lose.

It would have been better to listen to the American people, work on jobs and do the things all Americans agree on incrementally. Because the American people aren't stupid...we know the government control in the bill, we know that the bill increases the deficit, we know that Medicare and Social Security are insolvent, we know Obama is spending us into collapse, we know we cannot afford another entitlement.

This bill pass or fail will be the defining mistake of Obama's Presidency.

Trinity, the reason Clinton ended up caving to the Republicans and their insurance companies was that they lied to the American people in '93... they promised that the free market would control healthcare costs and the Republican insurance companies said that *they* knew how to control costs. Gee, I think we all know how well that went -- they tried to do it again this time, but finally someone with a brain called them out.

Government is not the problem... the insurance companies *are*. The CEO of Blue Cross/Anthem making $5 Million+ on the denial of insurance claims -- the deaths of Americans -- is sickening... the only purpose for the existence of *for profit* health insurance companies is to make money. They have gotten very good at optimizing the system to maximize their profits. They are the *cause* of America's rising healthcare costs -- the higher the costs... the more the American people *need* health insurance (meaning more customers, and more profit).

If you looked at the real cost of healthcare, the amount that hospitals bills individuals, and the amount that the insurance companies actually pay (sometimes called contracted rates). No one can say that it isn't a sham.

I was recently in the hospital for less than 36 hours. The bill I received was for a little over $51,000. The "Insurance" discount (contract rate) was for a little of $48,000. So the insurance company reimbursed the hospital less than $3,000. Of course my life time maximum for my insurance was reduced down the full amount of $51,000.

Now, the uninsured would have received the same treatment, but their "discount" would be significantly less and they would still end up with a bill for over $30,000.

Seems mighty ridiculous if it wasn't so serious for a great deal of Americans.

-mike

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
"By the time the vote has taken place, not only I will know what's in it, you'll know what's in it because it's going to be posted and everybody's going to be able to evaluate it on the merits," - Pres. Barack Obama

Adults won't be covered for pre-existing conditions until 2014.
Adults can't join the exchange until 2014.

Children won't be covered for pre-existing conditions for six months

When people see the taxes and fees passed on to them immediately and higher premimums but no benefits...