Obama Supporters Ripping People Off = Wow!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 1BiGG1, Oct 15, 2008.

1. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

All the false voter registrations and now they are stealing money from innocents? What scum!

MyFox Kansas City | Northland Couple Warns of Political Credit Card Fraud

Northland Couple Warns of Political Credit Card Fraud

NORTH KANSAS CITY, MO. -- A North Kansas City couple has been left scratching their heads after they became the victims of a political scam.

Steve and Rachel Larman say a strange credit card charge appeared on their statement this month -- a $2300 donation to Barack Obama's presidential campaign. The Larman's say they don't want this to be about their political affiliation, but they say they're not about to give the Obama campaign any help from their pocketbook.

They said they notified Chase, their credit card bank, to report the fraud.

"(They) said that they had seen-they were familiar with this," said Steve Larman. "It was fraud, they believe through telemarketing but they were going to be doing some more investigations."

The Larman's don't want their politics to enter into what is essentially just a fraudulent charge. But they say that the charge involves the Obama campaign adds insult to injury for the registered Republicans.

"They (Chase) kept on asking me 'are you sure you wouldnt have gone to a site in support of Obama'," said Rachel Larman. "And I repeatedly said 'Im voting for McCain - I would not be going to an Obama site'."

Chase dropped the charge from the Larman's card. The couple is thankful thay they caught the charge on the card, but worried that others may not see that type of fraud on their own credit cards before it's too late.

"You always get emails saying be on the lookout," said Rachel. "So I just wanted to get the word out, that there's someone out there perpetrating this against people, and to pay attention."

The Obama campaign said they were aware of the Larman's story, but did not have any comment.

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Fox News.....fair and balanced.......yeah right

3. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Whatever your opinion of FOX News is has zero to do with Obama supporters ripping people off = maybe you can start a thread with your views on that topic and discuss it there unless you are pretending the source has anything to do with Obama supporters ripping people off. :rolleyes:

4. B_JasonDawgxxx

B_JasonDawgxxx New Member

Trinity? lol

Dude come on fox fucking news? You cant believe shit that nazi news channel blasts. Faux news all the time.

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

But considering this is coming from the same network that aired a special on Obama's supposed ties to Muslim terrorists, you can understand why people don't really believe much of what Faux says.

6. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

There is no media outlet immune from spin including FOX News but FOX News is not on that couples credit card statement, Obama’s presidential campaign is.

7. B_JasonDawgxxx

B_JasonDawgxxx New Member

No Faux news just lied about Obama being a muslim. I mean they wouldnt do it a second time would they? lol

8. Northland

Gold Member

Fraud? Where's the proof that this was a whole group of Obama supporters and how do you decide that this is directly connected to the voter registration issues? (which by the way is also known to happen on the Republican side)

Some years ago there were bogus charges on my credit card bill and. The things which Chase asked them are similar to what they asked me-althought there wasn't much of an Internet back then (what was it like in 1994?). They asked repeatedly if I was sure I had not ordered all these musical insturments (yeah, that's what ran up five thousand dollars of bogus, fraudulent charges on my account-all dropped.) By the way, the commercials where Chase claimd they call the customer when odd charges appear is a lie. I had never even run my debt to a thousand dollars and only occasionally used the card, so 30 charges totalling more than five thousand dollars in two days should have been a signal to them; apparently it was not, as they never called. I had to wait until the bill arrived and shocked me.

The allegation that this is a scam run by Obama supporters is not proven-by you or the report you gave. All it takes is one person to access the Chase files and they can have a field day. It could even be an insider from the McCain camp. What? You say that's preposterous? Is it really? Let's think about this-first of course there will be the deflection from issues as the Obama camp has to scramble to explain things, all the while McCain will be saying how evil the Obama-ites are (well, at least Sar-ee Palin will be and when a moose killing rifle is pointed at ya, ya don't argue.)

Then, Obama will have to return the funds-again, McCain can point at snicker and comment on how Obama has a drop in fundraising and took misappropriated monies. Obama will of course again have to stop from discussing issues and explain things.
    This is a lie-my balls have not done any such thing.

9. Northland

Gold Member

Come now, Fox with such open minded chaps as Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity and backers like Rush Limbaugh bending the truth or telling out and out lies? I find that hard to believe.

*(where's the feigned shock smile)

10. D_Chocho_Lippz

D_Chocho_Lippz Account Disabled

I understand this whole boy who cried wolf syndrome and the implications it has for fox, but does it mean that ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they say is completely false? (For some of you, I'm sure it does. But logically can you really make an argument that you will not listen to anything they say, unless it is supported by other media outlets? Well, I guess you can, but then I'd say you are biased.)

Maybe these related stories will be more palatable and more difficult to brush off as FAUX!!!! Sheesh...
    With Huge Money Advantage, Obama Ramps Up Ads - washingtonpost.com

More Bogus Obama Donors Surface, Donations Made Between July and Early August - CBS News

Some Obama donors apparently gave fake information | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | National Politics

11. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Registrations don't equate to votes. Its not like Tony Roma is going to show up in CA and vote. Orgs like ACORN pay people to register people to vote. Some of those folks falsify regs to collect a pay check. It has no impact on any election. The only one getting burned are the non-profits paying the money. This story is over.... let it die (or at least educate yourself on it)

Heck, even McCain has delivered a Keynote @ an ACORN rally.

12. trumasseur

trumasseur New Member

Albums:
    Thanks, Notagurur2.....was wondering when someone would take it back to common sense....as opposed to emotional rhetoic ie. "I know what I believe and not interesing in knowing more."

13. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Your title is misleading. I read the article, and yes, fraudulent charges to the Obama Campaign have appeared on this person's credit card......but....NOWHERE does it say that these charges were perpetrated by an Obama Supporter........could be ANYBODY playing with this person's credit card.

14. trumasseur

trumasseur New Member

Albums:
    OMG....you mean someone could be "setting up" Obama and democratic supporters??? That can't be possible, we're talking the GOP here, they would never....

15. lucky8

Gold Member

Until it can be determined that it was a campaign member or not, it's really not a political issue. Credit card fraud happens all the time. And just because people have registered to vote numerous times, doesn't mean they can vote numerous times. I've registered and re-registered and re-registered again, but I assure you, I will only be allowed to vote once.

16. sargon20

Gold Member

Faux News might as well be Saturday Night Live for conservatives. Nothing about them is real. Nothing. It sure looks pretty the set and all. They have attractive young 'journalists'. It all 'looks nice' but it's cotton candy. All sweets and no protein. The only people who quote them are the 25% who still support Bush. In other words..morons.

That's the strategy. To get the lie firmly implanted in people's mind then by the time it's fact checked and proven false it's TOO late, it's already fact in peoples mind. Like newspapers that print retractions in small font on the inside page in section ZII of the paper.

#16 sargon20, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  17. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

You must be thinking of another post even though you quoted me as I never said anything about “directly connected” and yes, this could be a McCain supporter or somebody else besides an Obama supporter but the article did clearly say "It was fraud, they believe through telemarketing but they were going to be doing some more investigations." so it’s highly unlikely its anything but an Obama supporter if that’s the case.

18. er0

er0 New Member

No surprise; most on this site are Obama supporters...

19. transformer_99

Gold Member

Unfortunately, there are quite a few Americans capable of such acts. Look at our jails, look at Congress, look at Palin, look at Ken Lay, look at ebay ripoffs, check your email inbox ?

Dead people voting, buying houses, getting loans, going to hospital emergency rooms ? Why would fraud like this be such a ludicrous notion/surprise in America ? Identity theft is rampant.

Identity Theft and Fraud

Draft saved Draft deleted