Obama: the candidate of change!

visualalert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Right down the memory hole we go, Sons of 1984!

Before:
my.barackobama.com | I Endorse Barack

After:

Can we erase reality? "Yes we can!"

Will our disciples convince themselves this kind of politics-as-usual is "change?" "Yes they will!"

Are they suckers? "Yes they are!"

And what's with all this "faith" crap, anyway? Last I heard, the left hated the mingling of religion and politics. Except, of course, when Bill Clinton ducked into a black fundamentalist church and starting shouting hallelujah whenever he got caught with his dick somewhere it wasn't supposed to be.

To his credit, though, Clinton's schtick did fool the rubes. Obama is apparently learning to use the same schtick pretty successfully. The rubes are sucking it right up, aren't they?

amhersthungboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

Before:

After:

Will our disciples convince themselves this kind of politics-as-usual is "change?" "Yes they will!"

And what's with all this "faith" crap, anyway? Last I heard, the left hated the mingling of religion and politics. Except, of course, when Bill Clinton ducked into a black fundamentalist church and starting shouting hallelujah whenever he got caught with his dick somewhere it wasn't supposed to be.

To his credit, though, Clinton's schtick did fool the rubes. Obama is apparently learning to use the same schtick pretty successfully. The rubes are sucking it right up, aren't they?

Amen, brother!

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

Note the press has asked ALL candidates "What is their faith?"

Hillary Clinton also has used religion when posed with the questions "Why did you not leave Bill Clinton when you found out he was unfaithful?"
'To those who say "I'm not going to vote for Mrs. Clinton because she didn't have sense enough to leave her husband", what is your response?"

Her answer was her faith gave her the strength to stay with him and she was able to forgive him. Furthermore if those persons did not understand forgiveness she didn't see how they could call themselves Christians.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Before:

After:

Amen, brother!

You forgot hope too.

Bitter much?

visualalert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bitter much?

Not moi. Amused would be more like it; really just a cynic enjoying the show. Hey, it's politics, it's supposed to be entertainment! I promise that Obama is not the second coming of Christ, Elvis, the Beatles or even Sinatra, despite the swooning of the occasional coed at his rallies.

A couple of people messaged me about the Sons of 1984 reference; it's a brilliant (and I think misdirected - it reeks of leftover 1960s era lunacy) work by one of the most innovative (IMHO) pop musicians/producers of the last half of the last century.

Amazon.com: Todd: Todd Rundgren: Music

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not moi. Amused would be more like it; really just a cynic enjoying the show. Hey, it's politics, it's supposed to be entertainment! I promise that Obama is not the second coming of Christ, Elvis, the Beatles or even Sinatra, despite the swooning of the occasional coed at his rallies.

The bitter, sarcastic tone of your reply proves my point.

D

deleted213967

The bitter, sarcastic tone of your reply proves my point.

Maximum Strength Skepticism is good for ya, history shows, no matter how bitter the medicine tastes...

Sorry but when someone tries to seduce me with glittering words, some synaptic activity alerts me:

"Achtung! Das ist Propaganda!".

Some people's brains are wired differently...