Obama Took Himself off Michigan's Ballot

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
The title of this thread answers that. It's fair because Obama was on the ballot and Obama chose to take himself out. He had every right in this country to do that. But that does not make it unfair to him now.

It would take a Clinton supporter to argue that a ballot with one name on it was a fair election. Sounds like Democracy in action to me. Or at least Cuba's version of it.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The title of this thread answers that. It's fair because Obama was on the ballot and Obama chose to take himself out. He had every right in this country to do that. But that does not make it unfair to him now.
So Trinity, can you say with a straight face that Hillary Clinton should be proud of hew "win" in Michigan even tho the only 2 names where Herself and Dennis Kucinich?

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Let's completely neglect to acknowledge that the Democratic Party agreed that they weren't going to count votes in those states. That's not Obama's fault. In fact...EVERYBODY but Clinton removed their names. She was being the jackass.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Regardless of what you believe her motives were for going to florida, does it matter? Its fair game in politics. And probably a good political maneuver on her part.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Regardless of what you believe her motives were for going to florida, does it matter? Its fair game in politics. And probably a good political maneuver on her part.
we actually agree........It's all fair in politics...Absolutely her right to go claim victory in Florida.....but I don't think it was a good move for her because the news coverage at the time sort of summed it up as looking pathetic

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Though I am a resident of Florida and I favor Ms Clinton, I have no objection to the delegates not being seated. The Legislature knew the rules, knew the risk, gambled and lost. I'm not pleased but rules are rules.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
was wondering the same thing but no good guesses.

on the other hand, she's tried every other desperate trick in the book... maybe it's actually Hillary Clinton and she's joined LPSG to reach the coveted demographic of assholes with big wangs.

if that's the case... what's the other point in the Trinity of Clintonian power? I assume Hillary and Bill are the first two.

LOL.

I think the other point in the Trinity is Mark Penn. If it's him I suspect he's very, very confused. Again.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So Trinity, can you say with a straight face that Hillary Clinton should be proud of hew "win" in Michigan even tho the only 2 names where Herself and Dennis Kucinich?

... and that her "victory" was only 11 points over Uncommitted? I'd be proud of that too.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It should not matter who your for. Florida and Michigan have 48 states that should kick there ass!

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It should not matter who your for. Florida and Michigan have 48 states that should kick there ass!

right. but try explaining to a six-year-old why cutting in the lunch line, even though it seems like a good idea to them, is not fair to the 25 other students behind them. I know from experience that's not as easy a point to get across as it should be.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If the delegates for Florida and Michigan are to be seated there should be a re-vote.

If the republican governor of florida was so conncerned about his states delagates being seated at the democratic national convention he should have lobbied his legislature not to move up the primary date.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Steve,

I respect that. I respectfully disagree and feel that the delegates should be seated. As we delve deeper on Fox News the FL Democratic Legislators are discussing this:

Florida has a Republican controlled legislature and the Republicans out voted the Dems to move up the primary.

I believe there was no public outcry regarding seating the delegates until now because many felt like you Steve even though it was not in voters hands.

With the closeness of the race voters should have all the information to fully understand the issue.

Though I am a resident of Florida and I favor Ms Clinton, I have no objection to the delegates not being seated. The Legislature knew the rules, knew the risk, gambled and lost. I'm not pleased but rules are rules.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

I would agree.
And, in other news, Michigan and Florida should be redone, if they're to seat delegates at the convention.
She'll beat Obama in Florida again, and might do the same in Michigan.
(Note: I don't have a favorite between Clinton and Obama ... I like them both.)

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
The part where she shows up at rally organized by a group called Florida for Hillary that carefully birdseeds that they are "not affiliated with Hillary Clinton for President." Ugh.

See for yourself.

Well, dubious in another way.
But it didn't constitute campaigning.
Or at least, it was acceptable.
I mean, you wouldn't shoot her, would you?
Would you?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If the delegates for Florida and Michigan are to be seated there should be a re-vote.

Few would disagree...the problem lies in the logistics.

The state already wasted time, money, and manpower running an election that they already *knew* wouldn't be counted. Now they want someone else to pony up the cost and effort of a do-over.

Ain't gonna happen. What should happen is every state politician in Florida having to pony up their own cash and donate their own time toward making sure their constituents get a chance to vote and aren't disenfranchised by their utter failure earlier on.

Then they should issue a very public apology to the people of their state for being such unconscionably partisan douchebags instead of the professional civil servants they were elected to be, along with a promise that it will never happen again.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Well, dubious in another way.
But it didn't constitute campaigning.
Or at least, it was acceptable.
I mean, you wouldn't shoot her, would you?
Would you?

I wouldn't put it past him. He seems to be very passionate in his hatred for her. I can understand wanting Obama to win the nomination over her, but he seems to go overboard in his dislike for her.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Few would disagree...the problem lies in the logistics.

The state already wasted time, money, and manpower running an election that they already *knew* wouldn't be counted. Now they want someone else to pony up the cost and effort of a do-over.

Ain't gonna happen. What should happen is every state politician in Florida having to pony up their own cash and donate their own time toward making sure their constituents get a chance to vote and aren't disenfranchised by their utter failure earlier on.

Then they should issue a very public apology to the people of their state for being such unconscionably partisan douchebags instead of the professional civil servants they were elected to be, along with a promise that it will never happen again.

I am not sure if there was any malicious intent on the part of the legislature's republican majority when they decided to move up the date of the primary, given the fact that when they did so Hillary was supposedly a shoo-in. The gov's insistence that the delegates be seated now is purely a ploy to influence who the democratic nominee will be.