Obama: Truth & Lies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by amygdala, Oct 20, 2008.

1. amygdala

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    To anyone and everyone who thinks Barack Obama is a Muslim, an Arab, or the anti-christ: you are an idiot.

To anyone who spreads such rumors: you are a racist idiot.

To anyone who still questions "Who is the real Barack Obama?": you are an illiterate idiot.

Just because you weren't paying attention doesn't mean that Sen. Obama came out of nowhere. He has spent the last 20+ years of his life working for the betterment of society on several fronts. He's written not one, but two books about his life. He's been investigated and scrutinized by the mainstream press, the not-so-mainstream press, the opposition and anyone with a computer for at least the last 4 years. His time in the public spotlight, however, did not begin in 2004.

Again, just because you weren't paying attention doesn't mean he was plucked from obscurity to take over the world and usher in the rapture. He's been a rising star in the pubic spotlight ever since becoming the first African-American President of the Harvard Law Review in 1990. (That's 18 years, by the way, for those of you who can't count either).

If you don't want to vote for him because you think he's too liberal, too progressive or too inexperienced, that's your choice. If you don't want to vote for him because he's too black, then don't - you were never going to vote for him in the first place. But if you're not voting for him because you believe that he's either Muslim, Arab or the anti-christ, please do us all a favor and don't vote at all. You are simply too stupid to exercise that right.

2. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

As much of an idiot as someone claiming that calling somebody the “antichrist” is racism LOL? :rolleyes:

#2 1BiGG1, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  3. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Wow. Somebody woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning.

Remember, there are people in society that don't watch television or participate in politics. Some of these people may have incorrect assumptions of Obama's religion and ethnicity. That small faction of people are no great threat to your beloved leader's election hopes.

4. amygdala

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    No, I just wish people would READ before spreading such vitriol.

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Wishful thinking, my friend... wishful thinking. :wink:

1BiGG1: Sarcasm only works if the statement is somewhat ironic & exaggerated. One of the definitions of "race" is a group of people sharing the same culture, history or language. Religion does play a part of certain people's culture, so yes... in some instances calling someone the antichrist can appear to be a form of racism. Nice try, though. :rolleyes:

6. sargon20

Gold Member

Exploiting ignorance is GOP strategy.

7. mattbuddy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Spreading lies is the only weapon the McCain campaign has left!

8. amygdala

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Agreed. It's a sinking ship so they're employing the kitchen sink approach. My biggest gripe, however, is with the happily ignorant people who lack the intellectual wherewithall to challenge the veracity of the rhetoric to find out the truth for themselves.

Political campaigns are about making your best case to the voters. Of course you're going to highlight your own positives and your opponent's negatives, but the truth usually lies somewhere in between and it's the voter's responsibility to ascertain that truth.

Anyone with a 2nd grade education has within their power to find out the truth about Obama's religion, his ethnicity and his record of accomplishment. I'm not saying that you have to agree with him or even like him - but I really wish people would make those judgments based on facts rather than rumors, innuendo and outright lies.

9. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Spinning does not change the facts. Don’t even go there saying somebody is allegedly racist if he/she calls Bill Clinton (and many did/still do) or Obama the antichrist. I know many liberals at least here at LPSG have a penchant for playing race-card but it ain’t gonna work here.

The Babble, oops, I mean Bible doesn’t attach race-to-antichrist which should be the first indicator those looking for a cheap-shot should not be either.

#9 1BiGG1, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  10. amygdala

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Perhaps I should have been a little bit clearer in my original posting. Those who spread rumors that Obama's a Muslim or an Arab are racists; those who claim he's the anti-christ are simply morons.

11. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Missing the point, as always. :rolleyes:
    Again, I stated in some instances calling someone the antichrist can appear to be a form of racism. This is regardless of your political affiliation.

For once, I try to make a comment that's not labeled by party affiliation and you somehow manage to twist it into one. Great job, grasshopper! :rolleyes:

But making nasty comments or condemning someone based on their religion is a form of racism. You seem to think that the concept of race ends at the color of one's skin. Look up the dictionary meaning of the word and see that it includes a lot more! Better yet, re-read my last post because I gave it to you. IMO, the Bible doesn't trump the dictionary when it comes to the definition of language.

If I sat here and insulted Jewish people for whatever reason, that IS racism. Whether or not I'm a Democrat or Republican would be irrelevant.

Draft saved Draft deleted