Obama vs McCain: who wins?

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's not looking good for McCain. Over the past couple days news reports have come out about two groups that heading towards Obama--Hispanics and women (Democrats and Republicans). I think this underscores that the Obama's problem with these two groups was merely that they had a preferred candidate, not that they didn't like Obama. Now with Clinton gone, it's easier to focus on Obama and McCain and for many Obama best represents their interest.

Michelle Obama has also started to show she's nothing like what the republican smear campaign have tried to paint her as.

Obama continues to be positioned well.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not looking good for McCain. Over the past couple days news reports have come out about two groups that heading towards Obama--Hispanics and women (Democrats and Republicans). I think this underscores that the Obama's problem with these two groups was merely that they had a preferred candidate, not that they didn't like Obama. Now with Clinton gone, it's easier to focus on Obama and McCain and for many Obama best represents their interest.

Michelle Obama has also started to show she's nothing like what the republican smear campaign have tried to paint her as.

Obama continues to be positioned well.

I was thinking about that. All the latest ( and of course inflated ) polls say that Obama is leading among white women and young women and women in general. But Mccain is leading among white men. You think this is because there are still alot of white men out there that can't stand teh idea of voting for a "black" man ? Or just upset because all the women are voting for Obama ? Why do yall think the women like Obama so much anyway?

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was thinking about that. All the latest ( and of course inflated ) polls say that Obama is leading among white women and young women and women in general. But Mccain is leading among white men. You think this is because there are still alot of white men out there that can't stand teh idea of voting for a "black" man ? Or just upset because all the women are voting for Obama ? Why do yall think the women like Obama so much anyway?

Here's the article that inspired my posting: McCain's support among GOP women shows cracks

I think Obama does well with women because he projects a generally good character, comes across as very respectful of women, represents issues that women care about and Clinton is no longer in the mix to draw the attention away.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it's because women invariably vote for the prettier candidate. That's why Clinton won against Bush Sr.
Hmm, flashy shit does tend to catch my eye. :scratchchin:
Yes, yes, because they were so pretty, women overlooked all other factors, political or otherwise, and overwhelmingly supported Gary Hart, Dan Quayle, Jack Ryan, Micheal Huffington, David Duke, et. al... the shame! We so allow our vaginas to rule political selection. I guess with GHWB is wasn't the economy? :pat: Ugh, repeal the 19th amendment. :rolleyes: