Obamabot Denial #7... the failed lobbyist promise.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So much for change... and this doesn't touch on the Daschle and Browner appointments either (whose spouses are on the all-star team of DC lobbyists)... yikes you idiots.

Hook...

Line...

Sinker...

you bought it. Replete with caveats and double-speak... so we can argue about what the definition of "is" is ...again.

WASHINGTON - President-elect Barack Obama, who vowed during his campaign that lobbyists "won't find a job in my White House," said through a spokesman yesterday that he would allow lobbyists on his transition team as long as they work on issues unrelated to their earlier jobs.

Obama's transition chief laid out ethics rules - which also bar transition staff from lobbying the administration for one year if they become lobbyists later - and portrayed them as the strictest ever for a transfer of presidential power.

But independent analysts said yesterday that the move is less than the wholesale removal of lobbyists that he suggested during the campaign - and shows how difficult it will be to lessen the pervasive influence of more than 40,000 registered lobbyists.

"That is a step back and there is no other way of seeing it," said Craig Holman, who lobbies on governmental affairs for the watchdog group Public Citizen. Nonetheless, he said, Obama is still making "a very concrete effort to avoid what I consider a potentially corrupting situation."

..this is the ultra liberal fucking Washington Post calling him out.

Change n' hope.

Last edited:

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Sounds to me like he is offering temporary employment to lobbyists who no longer have companies to lobby for. Yeah....Hook line and sinker. Stay classy! Jack-ASS.

MalakingTiti

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So much for change... and this doesn't touch on the Daschle and Browner appointments either (whose spouses are on the all-star team of DC lobbyists)... yikes you idiots.

Hook...

Line...

Sinker...

you bought it. Replete with caveats and double-speak... so we can argue about what the definition of "is" is ...again.

WASHINGTON - President-elect Barack Obama, who vowed during his campaign that lobbyists "won't find a job in my White House," said through a spokesman yesterday that he would allow lobbyists on his transition team as long as they work on issues unrelated to their earlier jobs.

Obama's transition chief laid out ethics rules - which also bar transition staff from lobbying the administration for one year if they become lobbyists later - and portrayed them as the strictest ever for a transfer of presidential power.

But independent analysts said yesterday that the move is less than the wholesale removal of lobbyists that he suggested during the campaign - and shows how difficult it will be to lessen the pervasive influence of more than 40,000 registered lobbyists.

"That is a step back and there is no other way of seeing it," said Craig Holman, who lobbies on governmental affairs for the watchdog group Public Citizen. Nonetheless, he said, Obama is still making "a very concrete effort to avoid what I consider a potentially corrupting situation."

..this is the ultra liberal fucking Washington Post calling him out.

Change n' hope.

Stop looking at life with such childish simplicity, and use your head for something besides a hat rack. Change is not about personnel, its about policy. Anyone and everyone picked by Barack Obama answers to him. Their jobs are to implement his plan according to his agenda. While politics comes into play with any Presidency, since allies are needed to accomplish anything, the beauty of Obama being elected the way he has is that in the classic sense, he owes no one anything. It's his show. I don't say Obama is going to reinvent American politics in 4 or 8 years, but just as happened when Rudolph Guilliani became Mayor of NYC, change has certainly arrived. And I'm glad.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Stop looking at life with such childish simplicity, and use your head for something besides a hat rack. Change is not about personnel, its about policy.

Exactly! I don't know who to blame more for lack of brain cells. The people who actually sought too much in the word "change", or the idiots who think they're exposing some kind of conspiracy plot?

But try telling that to Inspector Gadget up there and he'll be singing a different tune I'm sure. Go, go Gadget... Intelligence!! :rolleyes:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Damn Face, give the guy a chance dude. Let him take office, if he screws up, be my guest.

But talk about slashing tires before the race even starts, not cool man.

Sorry kiddo... it's already started.... it's like...

a head coach... saying he's going to run the West Coast offense, and selling his robots on it.

then when the hiring begins, and the owner's funding... it's like Cover 2 and run-first, smash mouth.

sorry, boba... this is fair critique....

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The problem is the Obamabots...

- have laid their rhetorical souls on the line.
- bought duckets to the inaguration
- think he can do no wrong
- believe any attack is just right-wing/neocon
- etc... aka "stuck their necks out"

Come on, Rezko, Blago, the Rev, (flippin from Islam to Christianity... that's going to go over REALLY well), a cabinet riddled with old hacks, Michelle's bitterness, installing the Clinton regime under the guise of change...

Fuck ... Obamabots... you got duped... at least a little... you didn't expect this shit..??? or have you sold your souls, and going to defend him a la OJ/Nicole????

Seriously, this is a suspicious and suspect start.... there's no Palin left to ridicule (even though you somehow can't seem to give that up), Bush is leaving soon (Iraq is... well... I perused through the first 3 pages of LPSG/Politics and not ONE IRAQ TOPIC...)... Gadzookies... you spent the whole summer lambasting Hillary, and lo and behold, you are getting Hillary in blackface* (not a racist statement, just trying to find a deft, satirical way to tie in Hillary as Obama with a mask on... it's easy for Whoopi n' Ted to throw out, so I can too... and given 20th century noir culture... it's safe).

* [edit: also can be referred to as "whiteface" given the 50/50 mix that the mainstream media seems to neglect... carry on]

anyways... you've been duped... and I was interested to see how a seriously different spin on the executive office would look like, was going to give it a chance... but this is NOTHING different, and you know it WHERE'S THE CHANGE?... and what we are getting is same ol same ol... just a more liberal nepotism... awful. congressional ratings be damned...

Last edited:

pym

Just Browsing
Media
As Usual, {takes it mutiply in the}FaceKing showing his utter disdain and barely disguised hatred of America and the free electoral process. It seems the only joy he can find in the American way of life is through the financial gain he can skim through others loss's. Much like a vulture. The usual condesention and smarmy-ness in full display, born of the sort of lifestyle that is financed by others{your parents?}, but never acknowledged as such. At what age did you realize your total superiority amongst all the other Rabble? I can tell you for a fact, that at 10 years older than you{and a truly self-made man}, that you have not lived the 60's and the 70's lifestyle that you constantly spew the jargon of, the cultural euphamism's you constantly COP, nor have you clue of what that era was about at all. Your an obviously spoiled brat who grew up in the saddest era. the 80's. Full of total douche-bag music,shitty cars and video-games and Reganism's and a total sense of entitlement. That is the image you project with every single post you make. You and "Starinvester" must be brothers and i'm sure VERY close in age. Although i am quite sure he is somewhat less sure of his sexuality. But it's OK "KIDDO" i'm sure there is still hope for you....Really. Just pull your head out of your SMUG ass. Maybe do something that benefits someone/thing other than yourself. It's too late for you to join the military and fight a portion of the war your so proud of. Oh yeah....guys like you see wars as something for the 'Poor' dis-enfranchised SUCKERS to have to fight.....EHhhh? A "CAT" like you is to hip for that shit. I guess that unlike you, i see the future as un-written and not without hope. I work very hard in an altruistic field of endeavor, and have served this country in the miltary for 4 years. I commit a substantial portion of my earnings and time to charity's that i'm sure you would find quite liberal....you know, World Wildlife Fund.....Local shelters .... Lions Club activities. Very rewarding to give and not expect something in return. But i understand, you are of the ENTITLED generation. The one that constantly spews venom and vitriolic screed at anything that differs from your entrenched CONVICTIONS. It's your world and the rest of US poor saps are just livin' in it. All Complaints and No Solutions. I'll tell you what....go ahead and be You, Really! Just don't rip off the era i grew up in and not expect to get called out on it. You were not there.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As Usual, {takes it mutiply in the}FaceKing showing his utter disdain and barely disguised hatred of America and the free electoral process.

Where? how? Please, call me a racist next...

It seems the only joy he can find in the American way of life is through the financial gain he can skim through others loss's.

Again, where? how? don't throw out personal attacks, without any iota of backing....

At what age did you realize your total superiority amongst all the other Rabble?

huh? Threw out a take... either refute or not... just don't go to the "you were bottle fed too long, and can't string together two-coherent thoughts....

Is this all you fucking have... not going to bother with other 66% of your post. ... please counterpoint me... for once.

Last I checked it was about "no lobbyists anymore" and "obamabots defending to the last breath" ... either debate it, or shut the fuck up...

pym

Just Browsing
Media
I've called you out enough for one evening.....I actually have to get up and go to work in the morning. NITE !

uniqueusername

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Damn Face, give the guy a chance dude. Let him take office, if he screws up, be my guest.

But talk about slashing tires before the race even starts, not cool man.

We're treating him better than Bush was treated during his transition...

Sharpton Revs Up for the 'Shadow Inauguration' - TIME

There's no rule that says Obama can't be criticized. It's fine to be skeptical of the decisions of a holder of public office, even if that is the Office of the President Elect.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Come on, Rezko, Blago, the Rev, (flippin from Islam to Christianity... that's going to go over REALLY well), a cabinet riddled with old hacks, Michelle's bitterness, installing the Clinton regime under the guise of change...

Seriously, at this point, it seems you've shot so many forceful loads a large percentage of your brain has leaked out.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Obama took a bold step by comdemning lobbyists during his campaign. He is promising to reduce the corruption in governement, and so far he's doing a pretty good job. He's had to soften his stance on hiring lobbyists, but they will only be hired if they abandon their former political interests.

Obama refused to take money from lobbyists, and lobbyists will be banned from donating to the transition, which is expected to cost $12 million and involve 450 employees. The transition team will have the strictest ethics rules in history. How's that for change?

Faceking, this is your typical desperate sensationalizing of a trivial event. Here is the rest of the article--which you conveniently left out--which explains the comprimise that Obama was forced to make:

Obama, who promised to change how business gets done in Washington, railed against lobbyists in the upper ranks of rival John McCain's campaign.

The Democrat also refused to take money from federal lobbyists, and lobbyists will be banned from donating to the transition, which is expected to involve 450 employees and cost about $12 million, $5.2 million of that from taxpayers. The remainder is to be raised privately, with a $5,000-per-person contribution limit and a ban on donations from corporations and political action committees, as well as lobbyists.

"Barack Obama has pledged to change the way Washington works and to curb the influence of lobbyists," John Podesta, co-chairman of Obama's transition team, told reporters. "We are announcing rules that are the strictest, the most far-reaching ethics rules of any transition team in history."

To reinforce that point, Obama's camp office also issued statements from two Washington think tanks often at ideological odds, which praised the rules as tough and bold. Podesta said staff members who lobbied in the last year won't be allowed to work in their field in the transition and will have to cease all lobbying while they are part of the transition team. He said he would have "more to say" later regarding details about rules for lobbyists in the administration, apparently including whether such people could be hired immediately to work in areas on which they have not lobbied.

During his campaign, Obama declared: "I have done more to take on lobbyists than any other candidate in this race. I don't take a dime of their money, and when I am president, they won't find a job in my White House."

That left unclear whether he was referring to the relatively small number of staff members in the West Wing or to the hundreds of political appointees throughout an administration. Obama's campaign website said a lobbyist could join the administration as long as he or she didn't work on "regulations or contracts directly and substantially related to their prior employer for two years." He also proposed that political appointees be prohibited from lobbying the executive branch for the remainder of the administration, if they left government.

Obama softens ban on hiring lobbyists - The Boston Globe