Obamabot Denial #9... Rick Warren.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by faceking, Dec 19, 2008.

1. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    'nuff said.

Actually, I dig dude nutzack on proclaiming the 5 NON-NEGOTIABLES ... On the eve of the 2004 presidential election, Warren sent an email to the Saddleback Church congregation telling them that there were five non-negotiable issues that should determine their vote:

1. What does each candidate believe about abortion and protecting the lives of unborn children?
    2. What does each candidate believe about using unborn babies for stem-cell harvesting?
    3. What does each candidate believe about homosexual marriage?
    4. What does each candidate believe about human cloning?
    5. What does each candidate believe about euthanasia - the killing of elderly and invalids?
    Feel the power, fall down.

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm an Obamabot in your mind and I see no denial........Obama said during the campaign that he would work with people with which he didn't agree in areas where they could be agreeable.Warren and Obama agree on working for the impoverished and to end global warming. Now that he is actually doing it, the far left and the far right seem to be surprised and are taking nutties!. I think Obama knows what he is doing and his choice of Pastor Warren was a brave one and doesn't bother this legally Married in Massachusetts gay man one iota. Obama is taking heat from the left for his choice and Warren is taking heat from the right for his acceptance.

3. D_Tintagel_Demondong

Exactly, Indy. Obama has been trying to not only unify the left and right, but also is showing extreme tolerance with his appointments and choices. I hope that he continues to do this.

4. pym

pym New Member

Still Hatin' ? How predictable. What religion do you subscribe to? I can't wait to examine it's TENANTS. I think all the CUM you claim to spray has covered your head in a sludge that does not allow you to See the NEW DEAL comin' right at ya.

5. mindseye

Gold Member

Hatebot non-thread #9. So little substance in this thread that our gender-dysphoric friend begins the thread with "'nuff said". (That must be short for "nuffing said"?)

6. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Pym, do you mean the TENETS of his religion?

7. pym

pym New Member

You are correct sir. Will correct my spelling.

Too late....Edit function timeout.

8. Gl3nn

Gold Member

I think their decision of who to vote for shouldn't only be based on things that the church is against.

There are more important issues too, like the economy etc.

When will the US lose the tight connection with religion....

9. sargon20

Gold Member

It's already happening. The connection was there largely to win the 'Bible Belt'. With Election 2008 you can clearly see you don't need the 'Bible Belt' to win anymore. Look for this to have a big impact on government policies.

10. Gl3nn

Gold Member

Church and state shouldn't have to do anything with another...but we all know it hasn't come that far yet.

11. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

It is totally mystifying to the hate mongering, divisive and exclusionary Right that their Opponents do not HATE the right as much as the Right hates the Left.

The thing is the Left is PRO-tolerance.
    That includes tolerating and treating with repsect the people whose opinions you find sophomoric, imbecilic, backwards, ignorant, and false.

I could care less about Warren's extremist agenda... I am far more bothered about the fact that a SECULAR government allows a religious invocation at a swearing in.

To me, Warren's fascist imbecility is a distant second behind his delusional imbecility for his religious absolutism.

As far as Obama's thinking in inviting the guy... I think he is trying a little too hard to mollify the far right.
    No overture of compromise on his part is going to get them to compromise on their part.

The religious right stands uncompromisingly against freedom, against the Constitution, and against science and knowledge.
    They are not only traitors to the founding principles of American Democracy, they are DELUSIONAL extremists of the exact same stamp as Al Queda.

I understand and applaud Obama's intent... but I feel it is wasted effort.

12. Gl3nn

Gold Member

I don't care if someone is religious or not, but it shouldn't influence their thinking. They should still think rationally

(I know...a bit contradictory, but still...)

13. midlifebear

Gold Member

Faceking is obviously part terrier. He can't seem to let go of anything or think of something else to entertain him. A major loser in so many ways. Imagine if he were to put all of the energy he wastes on hating things into doing positive community service work. Hell, more Seniors on the brink of starvation might have brighter lives because of his physical contributions to delivering Meals On Wheels. But no. He's too myopic.

#13 midlifebear, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  14. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Hopelessly ironic and hypocritical.

15. D_Tintagel_Demondong

:rofl:

QFT

16. B_starinvestor

Imagine if you were to donate clothes to the less fortunate instead of parading around town in Wonder Woman outfits.

17. B_starinvestor

QFT!

18. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    :lmao: He's QFT'ing himself now...

Star.. go to bed. Get some shuteye.

19. transformer_99

Gold Member

To me, these "Obamabot Denials" are a series of, by and large inheritances any next President faces from the last 200+ years of history of this nation. We all knew whoever won the Presidency was going to be screwed walking into the job. Where do the "passes" on fixes begin and end on what any next President would have to do just to unf*ck the mess that is attributable to just the last 8 years of Bush alone ?

We already have people throwing their shoes at Bush when he shows up for a public speaking engagement. That's just one level of bad publicity Americans face abroad. I doubt I'll ever travel abroad, it's just unsafer than it's ever been. I recall hearing the ubber wealthy saying they'd take their money and leave the USA if Obama ever taxed them. I say let them go, how long do they think their wealth would last abroad ? Their neighbors would find out they were Americans and their wealth would be taken from them, if not their very lives. Then it comes down to whether their lives or their money is worth more to them ?

20. Gl3nn

Gold Member

Transformer... you have a totally wrong image about 'the rest of the world'.

Do you actually think we would kill people just because they're american?
    Maybe killing happens every day where you live, but not here.

1) Guns are extremely hard to get here
    2) we don't just kill people

Draft saved Draft deleted