Obamacare signups pass the 7 million mark

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
Despite the endless efforts to keep people from having affordable health insurance, Obamacare has surpassed its original goal of 7 million by this date.

sorry, Honey Mustard, but your constant anti-ACA condiment seems to have dried up. Perhaps if you sign up for Obamacare next year, perhaps you can reinvigorate your sauce . and the same is true for the rest of you Obama haters.

Not only is the website a success, but 3.9 million atttempted to sign up March 31. they have until April 15 to finish their signup process. additionally, more than 3 million qualified for and signed up for Medicaid. and yes, many in all these categories are young , healthy people over the age of 26.

in addition, the year-to-year increase in medical costs is lower than at any time in the last 5 decades.

and in CA, we will have an initiative on the November ballot, assuming it gets enough signatures from qualified voters by the end of July, that will REQUIRE the CA state insurance commissioner to hold public hearings and give him the final approval/disapproval decision of ANY health care insurance increase in CA.

food for thought? but hold the mustard.

Are you serious, or is this a joke? Anybody who works in healthcare knows that the ACA is an abject failure. Even people who like Obama know that the ACA is has thrown the entire healthcare system into chaos. You're either blind by ideology or you have no idea of what you're talking about. Dems and GOP alike--if they work in healthcare--regard the ACA as the worst thing to happen to healthcare in three generations.

Abject failure. Period.

Reactions: Jjz1109

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Obamacare's Health Plan Choice Benefits Are Vastly Overrated

"...One of the reasons for the popularity of universal health care systems elsewhere in the developed world is that when everybody is in the same system, everybody has an incentive to make that program work. The people of those countries have a sense of ownership and responsibility for their common system.

That contrasts sharply with the situation here in the U.S., where people primarily and often exclusively are concerned with their own little piece of the system, such as Medicare, the Veterans Affairs, their own employment-based or veteran’s insurance, plans purchased on the Obamacare exchanges, Medicaid and so on.

Americans also are confused about who owns the system. Is it the government, their employer or their union? Or, as more Americans are coming to believe, health insurance companies, the pharmaceutical industry or the increasingly consolidated corporate providers of health care such as large hospital systems?

In other words, we lack the solidarity that both is an expression of and created by the existence of a single common way of dealing with the challenges of providing affordable health care coverage for all...."

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
Obamacare's Health Plan Choice Benefits Are Vastly Overrated

"...One of the reasons for the popularity of universal health care systems elsewhere in the developed world is that when everybody is in the same system, everybody has an incentive to make that program work. The people of those countries have a sense of ownership and responsibility for their common system.

That contrasts sharply with the situation here in the U.S., where people primarily and often exclusively are concerned with their own little piece of the system, such as Medicare, the Veterans Affairs, their own employment-based or veteran’s insurance, plans purchased on the Obamacare exchanges, Medicaid and so on.

Americans also are confused about who owns the system. Is it the government, their employer or their union? Or, as more Americans are coming to believe, health insurance companies, the pharmaceutical industry or the increasingly consolidated corporate providers of health care such as large hospital systems?

In other words, we lack the solidarity that both is an expression of and created by the existence of a single common way of dealing with the challenges of providing affordable health care coverage for all...."

I'm glad you brought up the VA. I previously worked for a healthcare company that did business with a VA Hospital. The service and care was atrocious. It was so bad that any vet with other alternatives--even if it cost more out-of-pocket--would go elsewhere. I'm generalizing, but for the most part, the employees were crooked, lazy and stupid. It was like the DMV. The ACA is the VA system on steroids. It's not even the fault of the workers... it's that government-ran systems cannot--by definition--operate efficiently. There's no profit motive. Then the unions get involved... affirmative-action hires... "diversity"... whole thing comes crashing down.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm glad you brought up the VA. I previously worked for a healthcare company that did business with a VA Hospital. The service and care was atrocious. It was so bad that any vet with other alternatives--even if it cost more out-of-pocket--would go elsewhere. I'm generalizing, but for the most part, the employees were crooked, lazy and stupid. It was like the DMV. The ACA is the VA system on steroids. It's not even the fault of the workers... it's that government-ran systems cannot--by definition--operate efficiently. There's no profit motive. Then the unions get involved... affirmative-action hires... "diversity"... whole thing comes crashing down.
Ahh, interesting, so Profit Motive is the key, like JP Morgan?, or wait, sorry, there already is a JP Morgan of Health Insurance; Kaiser- Permanente made 2.7 billion profit in 2013!
Kaiser Permanente Thrive Exposed

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
This is great... you bring up a great point! I actually hate Kaiser. I was previously a member... So, you know what I did? I switched to HealthNet. No joke. Capitalism is a beautiful thing. See how liberating it is??? We have options. That's freedom.

Reactions: Jjz1109

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is great... you bring up a great point! I actually hate Kaiser. I was previously a member... So, you know what I did? I switched to HealthNet. No joke. Capitalism is a beautiful thing. See how liberating it is??? We have options. That's freedom.
:eek:
Ouch, liberating, options? Which options? Who decides who gets what? Options? That's not freedom, that's entitlement.
Since when does how much money one makes have anything to do with whether one gets health care or not?

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Are you serious, or is this a joke? Anybody who works in healthcare knows that the ACA is an abject failure. Even people who like Obama know that the ACA is has thrown the entire healthcare system into chaos. You're either blind by ideology or you have no idea of what you're talking about. Dems and GOP alike--if they work in healthcare--regard the ACA as the worst thing to happen to healthcare in three generations.

Abject failure. Period.

Here are links that refute your claims. Can you provide any to support your claim?

Can The Health Care Industry Save Obamacare? - NationalJournal.com

How the Affordable Care Act Will Affect Provider Reimbursement | NueMD Blog

Benefits Of The Affordable Care Act | Health Care For Florida Now

How Obamacare Will Affect the Medical Billing Industry : MBAA

MOB’s Big Hurdle: The Affordable Care Act & Its Effects on Healthcare Real Estate | CEM

Hiring in health care booms under ACA | MSNBC

maybe you're confused by a lie told by one of your republican gurus? Here's an excerpt from the above link:

One of my favorite Dick Morris stories comes from September 2011, when he wrote a column for The Hill about the Affordable Care Act. The Republican strategist noted that a recent jobs report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics found that “the economy lost 30,000 healthcare jobs” the previous month, which Morris said was proof that the health care industry “is traumatized and terrified by the impact of ObamaCare.”

There was just one problem: the economy had added 30,000 health care jobs the previous month. Morris was confused and read the report wrong, basing an entire column on a statistic that was the opposite of reality. (The Hill never ran a correction.)

bar4doug

Loved Member
Media
Ahh, interesting, so Profit Motive is the key, like JP Morgan?, or wait, sorry, there already is a JP Morgan of Health Insurance; Kaiser- Permanente made 2.7 billion profit in 2013!
Kaiser Permanente Thrive Exposed

Well, affordability across all payers is key.

If care is the primary goal, with cost not being an issue, every doctor would order every test and prescribe every drug in the book, because there is no check on spending.

Now, who is going to check spending? A politician? Is this person actually qualified? No. A politician is not qualified to specify what health care is needed.

A system that provides everything either costs a lot of money, or goes broke.

So, in the end, someone comes up with some flow chart of what can and cannot be done under a given policy in an effort to keep costs manageable. Call it a quota system. Call it a base plan. Call it what you want. If a licensed doctor cannot order test he deems is necessary because a policy will not let him then someone who is not a doctor is playing doctor.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
California State Auditor blasts Medi-Cal program for inadequate provider networks
By Tracy Seipel tseipel@mercurynews.com
16 Jun 2015, 01:00 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/health/c...te-auditor-blasts-medi-cal-program-inadequate
SACRAMENTO -- A scathing state review of California's strained Medi-Cal program confirms what thousands of the health plan's exasperated enrollees have long complained about: The department tasked with overseeing health care for almost one third of the state's residents cannot ensure it has enough doctors to serve its 12.3 million patients.

Moreover, the report said, from February 2014 to January 2015, an ombudsman's office established to investigate and resolve complaints failed to answer 7,000 to 45,000 calls a month from frustrated Medi-Cal patients.

(10 of those calls were mine)

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
In tonight's NBC Nightly News (with Lester Holt) this story on today's SCOTUS ruling on "Obamacare" (with the usual hardline dissenters, of course):

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/supreme-court-upholds-obamacare-subsidies-471444035912

and in this report, what the law, called by some "Quite literally a lifesaver" means to real life people:

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...find-relief-in-obamacare-support-471447619523

AND, in this report (in spite of noise to the contrary) why the REPUBLICANS are just as relieved as anyone, because now they don't actually have to DO anything, other than trot out the same old tired rhetoric for the easily gullible:

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...-obamacare-despite-scotus-ruling-471449667670

bar4doug

Loved Member
Media
To those who are currently enjoying "Open Enrollment", will you share your joys and/or pains?

For me, my job had to switch providers or face still increases in premiums... So now I need to start over. Anyone else care to share their experience?

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
To those who are currently enjoying "Open Enrollment", will you share your joys and/or pains?

For me, my job had to switch providers or face still increases in premiums... So now I need to start over. Anyone else care to share their experience?

Same here. I was forced to change providers, or pay sharp increases for the "privledge" (dontcha love that word these days?) to keep my current one. Also, have to now put significantly more dollars into an HSA plan to protect myself from getting slammed by deductibles, and to pay for other non covered, or lesser covered, items. A friggin mess. And BTW, no savings.

Another experience. My nephew turned twenty-six and is no longer covered under his parent's policy. He's in law school, and was actually without insurance for several months as he needed to make umpteen phone calls to the Obamacare hotline, never getting the same story or guidance twice. He is not entitled to uninterrupted medical coverage through his school (only when in session), and eventually found some coverage through state Medicare. No multiples options. No price shopping. A nightmare, for a law student, and I truly wonder how someone without the time, patience, grasp of terminology, and basic understanding can maneuver through the system.