Obama's Accomplishments

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
I will be more than happy to review his 'accomplishments' with you, once you are able to give me a court case that Sen. Obama litigated in his 10 years as an associate at Miner, Barnhill, & Galland.

Remember this is one of his 'claims'...as you posted earlier.

If you're looking for records of him actually arguing cases in front of the court, I doubt you'll find any. I'm not sure if you know how law firms work, but new guys, and new is defined in years, generally don't do that. He likely worked writing memos, filing briefs, interviews, and doing research. I'm not sure how this is a relevant point anyhow. He has a good working knowledge of civil rights law from his time at the firm, and he's taught constitutional law. I find both of those to be good experience for a presidential run.

Bush could use a class from anyone in constitutional law. Though it's likely he knows where he's bending or breaking rules, he's just seeing how far he can push it.

D

deleted15807

Trinity,

You're a Hillary supporter, and you have the nerve to call Obama on shady land deals? Remember Whitewater? Yes, I know the Clintons were not convicted of anything, but neither has Obama been.

Or we can get into McCain's involvement with S & L's...

We are only focused on items that make Obama look bad ONLY get it? Everyone else has been granted an Election 2008 Exemption. These are to include (John McCain, Cindy McCain, Palin and all her immediate family members). Obama's wife and children are on the table until November 7th and should he win beyond that date.

mickstl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't you mean crack? You know you want to say it.

Uh, didn't he bring up "blow" in one of his books? And IIRC, one of HRC's supporters (the head of BET, who happens to be African American) insinuated that he was doing more than just "doing" the drugs...

So don't put your racist insinuations on me.

B_phe1249

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
so Obama has No experience?

None, he is my senator, completely caught up in big Chicago machine politics, google Dorothy Tillman, Anneberg Challenge etc.
Empty suit that has never done anything and would not be where he is if he was white.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Education
• In the Illinois State Senate, Obama was a leader on early childhood education, helping create the state's Early Learning Council.
• In the U.S. Senate, Obama has been a leader in working to make college more affordable. His very first bill sought to increase the maximum Pell Grant award to $5,100. As a member of the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions committee, Obama helped pass legislation to achieve that goal in the recent improvements to the Higher Education Act.
• Obama has also introduced legislation to create Teacher Residency Programs and to increase federal support for summer learning opportunities.
Ethics Reform
• Federal Ethics Reform: Obama and Senator Feingold (D-WI) took on both parties and proposed ....byist-sponsored trips became part of the final ethics bill that was signed into law. The Washington Post wrote in an editorial, "The final package is the strongest ethics legislation to emerge from Congress yet."
• Google for Government: Americans have the right to know how their tax dollars are spent, but that information has been hidden from public view for too long. That's why Barack Obama and Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) passed a law to create a Google-like search engine to allow regular people to approximately track federal grants, contracts, earmarks, and loans online. The Chicago Sun-Times wrote, "It would enable the public to see where federal money goes and how it is spent. It's a brilliant idea."
• Illinois Reform: In 1998, Obama joined forces with former U.S. Sen. Paul Simon (D-IL) to pass the toughest campaign finance law in Illinois history. The legislation banned the personal use of campaign money by Illinois legislators and banned most gifts from lobbyists. Before the law was passed, one organization ranked Illinois worst among 50 states for its campaign finance regulations.
• A High Standard: Unlike other candidates Obama's campaign refuses to accept contributions from Washington lobbyists and political action committees. only due to donation figures.... you know it, I know it, and the American ppl know it.

Proposed, sought, seeked, joined forces, helped...

This is too easy... keep lobbing more softballs please.... you are doing your opposition a huge favor... continue to cut/paste such an empty resume. It's the fry cook at McDonalds vetting for head chef at Morton's. Amuse us more.

Who knew one could take Barrah's resume down to one page. Nice. Keep going. ... what else has he done? That "search engine" seems monumental, I'd like to know more about (according to your post) the one piece of legislation that he got thru, much less authored/proposed.

B_phe1249

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Proposed, sought, seeked, joined forces, helped...

This is too easy... keep lobbing more softballs please.... you are doing your opposition a huge favor... continue to cut/paste such an empty resume. It's the fry cook at McDonalds vetting for head chef at Morton's. Amuse us more.

Who knew one could take Barrah's resume down to one page. Nice. Keep going. ... what else has he done? That "search engine" seems monumental, I'd like to know more about (according to your post) the one piece of legislation that he got thru, much less authored/proposed.

His credit for Education comes from not sentate decisions but time spent as the head of the Anneberg Challenge here in Chicago, only problem was when BO was done there was some missin money and some pretty shady folks involved.

Stanley Kurtz on Barack Obama, Bill Ayers & Chicago Annenberg Challenge on National Review Online=

The Annenberg Challenge Sites: Chicago

D

deleted15807

This whole discussion is tailor made for Republican political strategists. The election has to be about the person and not the issues. If we actually had to talk about issues facing Americans that are trying to cope with job losses, declining wages, the high cost of health care, home foreclosures, bankruptcies they have no real answer since they got us into that.

Rick Davis, campaign manager for John McCain's presidential bid, has said that the presidential race will be decided more over personalities than issues during an interview with the Washington Post. Now why would he say that? Because the he knows discussing issues is a loser for the GOP. The ideologies that drive the GOP are failures in practice.

Play the player not the ball.

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This whole discussion is tailor made for Republican political strategists. [/quote]

ROTFLMAO,

That is the whole left wing strategy, the LEFT HATES issues they would much rather attack the person. Just look at the despicable attacks against Palin, et al.

Remember why Kerry lost - It was his negative campaigning that the Democratic strategists thought would win. Instead it back-fired on him greatly.

No one in their right mind can even think that the extreme left-wing attack dog media is helping Obama, the polls show the opposite that people are against this sort of pejorative laden campaigning that the left excels at.

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

This whole discussion is tailor made for Republican political strategists. [/quote]

ROTFLMAO,

That is the whole left wing strategy, the LEFT HATES issues they would much rather attack the person. Just look at the despicable attacks against Palin, et al.

Remember why Kerry lost - It was his negative campaigning that the Democratic strategists thought would win. Instead it back-fired on him greatly.

No one in their right mind can even think that the extreme left-wing attack dog media is helping Obama, the polls show the opposite that people are against this sort of pejorative laden campaigning that the left excels at.

The Ministry of Truth. You have completely re-written history. The entire RNC was a 3 day hate fest which would have been 4 had it not been for Gustav. Did you go? Was your hate and ignorance re-invigorated? Whatever happens in the presidential race 'The Left' stands to gain many many more seats in Congress. The Master of Disaster Bush has destroyed the 'Conservative Revolution'.