Obama's "acting like he's white"

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It was then that I understood what blacks had at that time to go through every day, every hour, every moment.

well Freddie... i don't want to say that don't know, because you might know how it feels.

all i can say is that its different for each of us. we all have our story to tell. Anybody can be called a bad names or be removed from a group for who you or your friends are.

i just don't think we can truely understand all the differences, but just acknowledge that the differences are there.

thanx for the story and sharing your experience.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Usually I like O'Rielly but he is kind of in his ivory tower (he is terrible on the radio BTW). I bet Sylvia's is a pretty expensive place in Harlem and he expecting everyone to be wearing 9mm and saggy pants? He was pleasantly surprised?

I think much of the problems are culture not race.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
O'Reilly is a self-absorbed egocentric and egomaniacal ass with absolutely no understanding of different people, art, or culture. Though this is far far far from the the most insulting thing he has ever said about black people. I think most Michael Bay movies are more insulting toward blacks than the excerpt from this interview.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
well Freddie... i don't want to say that don't know, because you might know how it feels.

all i can say is that its different for each of us. we all have our story to tell. Anybody can be called a bad names or be removed from a group for who you or your friends are.

i just don't think we can truely understand all the differences, but just acknowledge that the differences are there.

thanx for the story and sharing your experience.
It might have been more accurate to say that I have had a "taste" of it rather then hint that I totally understand. I know that is not the same as 24/7 year after year. No two stories will be completely identical, but many will be very close.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Keep it up, O, and one of these days, your children will be telling anyone who will listen how amazing you are.

More like complaining I wouldn't let them hang out at Towne Center and borrow the car. Just think Alan Sherman's version of Downtown. :biggrin1:

Usually I like O'Rielly but he is kind of in his ivory tower (he is terrible on the radio BTW). I bet Sylvia's is a pretty expensive place in Harlem and he expecting everyone to be wearing 9mm and saggy pants? He was pleasantly surprised?

I think much of the problems are culture not race.

When I was at Sylvia's, it wasn't upscale. It was more along the lines of a nice neighborhood diner type of atmosphere. It was just a neighborhood eatery back in the day and Sylvia gained a huge amount of popularity (even being featured on B. Smith's show). I think Arliss pointed out the japanese now own Sylvia's and her food is now prefab and sold in markets. The soul Sylvia's once had is gone.

So I wouldn't say high dollar, but just local folks.

I can see that the topic has shifted, mutated and grown a little hostle and quirky.

We're all a bunch of dick heads here. You can't deny it.

Yes and yes we have them. Most of us do. :biggrin1:

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I witnessed the harshest beatdown I've ever seen right outside Sylvia's.

Anyway, Sharpton was on the O'Reilly Factor last night discussing the Jena 6 case, which they seemed to mostly be on the same page on. They agreed the act of hanging the nooses should have been adjudicated, and that the 6 should be prosecuted, but Sharpton said they should be prosecuted as juveniles, not adults. But as to O'Reilly's comments, Sharpton said he read them but hadn't heard them in full context so he would reserve judgement.

YouTube - Rev. Al Sharpton O'Reilly Jena 6 + 6 Blacks Jump 1 White Kid

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
One thing I find interesting about this whole debacle is the fact that Obama is NOT president; he's a senator from Illinois. Other than perhaps making a public statement, what the hell is a senator from Illinois supposed to do about a hate crime in Louisana?[/quote]

everyone is an idiot to you...lol...how you choose to label me does not define..... who I am and your commenst regarding me are really insignificant to me.....now to shed some light on your point...what can a senator from Illinois do...? if you weren't a fucking idiot you would be able to answer that..he is in a unique position as a candidate to help put the spotlight on Jenna and keep it there.. he should as a candidate be more forthright about his take on Jenna..after all he is seeking to be President on the US and right now this is one of the hot button issues..affecting all of the Americans that he is choosing to represent...he certainly has the resources and the influence to help with the national exposure of what is taking place there....he is eeeking to be a leader..does that mean anything to you? all of the candidates ought to be required to put forth their views on Jenna...they certainly put forth their views on Israel...each and every candidiate talks about the securiy of Isreal and not one of them is running for President of Israel ...so why should they not be required to talk about domestic issues such as Jenna...

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Let me clarify that . Do I think you are a racist? No. Did I read that particular post a couple of times and ask myself what it was about? Yes. Even if you were being sarcastic the chicken and watermelon comment made me wonder why you were going there. I greatly doubted if either of those gentlemen would have asked him to dine on either as a sign of his blackness. It is funny that this particular post made me have a better idea perhaps how something I thought very little about and had not malicious intent when reading or responding to upset a friend to whom I am now estranged. Please don't take it personally. I think we are going to all continue to discuss issues have differing opinions based on our frames of reference.

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:well said

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One thing I find interesting about this whole debacle is the fact that Obama is NOT president; he's a senator from Illinois. Other than perhaps making a public statement, what the hell is a senator from Illinois supposed to do about a hate crime in Louisana?[/quote]

everyone is an idiot to you...lol...how you choose to label me does not define..... who I am and your commenst regarding me are really insignificant to me.....now to shed some light on your point...what can a senator from Illinois do...? if you weren't a fucking idiot you would be able to answer that..he is in a unique position as a candidate to help put the spotlight on Jenna and keep it there.. he should as a candidate be more forthright about his take on Jenna..after all he is seeking to be President on the US and right now this is one of the hot button issues..affecting all of the Americans that he is choosing to represent...he certainly has the resources and the influence to help with the national exposure of what is taking place there....he is eeeking to be a leader..does that mean anything to you? all of the candidates ought to be required to put forth their views on Jenna...they certainly put forth their views on Israel...each and every candidiate talks about the securiy of Isreal and not one of them is running for President of Israel ...so why should they not be required to talk about domestic issues such as Jenna...
First of all, please learn the simple task of using the quote tags. It's not that hard. Second, no, everyone is not an idiot to me... only the idiots...thanks for calling me a "fucking idiot," you stupid racist....Yes, as a presidential candidate, he is in a position to make a statement (I wouldn't necessarily say a unique position.)... In your stupid post, you make it sound like Obama said nothing about the Jena situation....His statement, in case you were too busy being a shameless negro to notice it, was that he wanted equal justice for everyone involved....Unless you are too stupid to comment, please tell me what is wrong with his position statement?...You stupid shameless negro.

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
First of all, please learn the simple task of using the quote tags. It's not that hard. Second, no, everyone is not an idiot to me... only the idiots...thanks for calling me a "fucking idiot," you stupid racist....Yes, as a presidential candidate, he is in a position to make a statement (I wouldn't necessarily say a unique position.)... In your stupid post, you make it sound like Obama said nothing about the Jena situation....His statement, in case you were too busy being a shameless negro to notice it, was that he wanted equal justice for everyone involved....Unless you are too stupid to comment, please tell me what is wrong with his position statement?...You stupid shameless negro.

thanks for proving what I have said all along lmaooo..it is unfortunate that it took such a topic for everyone to get to know the real you...

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Naughty, you should know me better than that. You were initially taken aback? Did you read any of my other posts, or especially the statement I made prefatory to the chicken and watermelon comment?

I did explain myself, but as a racist, you chose to ignore it. And as a racist, you choose to ignore my request that you tell what you think "acting too white or acting too black" may possibly be.

You are just a fucking idiot. And, I predict you will have some smart-ass racist remark to follow up on this. You won't miss a chance to point out how wrong this honkey is, will you?

you thanked me for calling you a fucking idiot.....I think you may have short term memory...

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think you may have short term memory...
...which is, of course, a good thing.

Did I just witness the self-destruction of yet another black male? Say it ain't so, Arliss. Show that gentleman how cultured Negroes live. Show him how cultured Negroes wear embroidered bibs when taking to a Quarter Pounder. Show him how cultured Negroes sip their Fanta Orange out of crystal goblets. Show him. :smile:

hawkgirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am waiting for Al Sharpton's take on this!:cool:

Very funny. I want to start acting like Jesse Jackson.

Obama is acting white and that's not right.
He's running for president and when he said it that's what he meant.
Stay away from the Bushes or you'll get bushwhacked.
But Obamas acting white to avoid attack.

I'm voting the Al Sharpton/ Strom Thurman ticket. :bsflag::fingersx: