Obama's "acting like he's white"

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love how if you are black, educated, and comfortable financially you are either a "Tom", a sellout, a getover or "acting white". That's just crap. Oops! Let me say it as I am supposed to. Sorry Boss, I's forgots what its was I's comes from.

:18::18::18: Well put!

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."​

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He`s not acting white, he`s just like any other legitimate candidate with a corn cob stuck up his ass.:rolleyes:

lafever

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jesse Jackson is racist. And the biggest opponent to African Americans in this country at this time.
Perfect and succinct.
It's quite obvious that Jackson hasn't found any dirt on Obama.
And you can bet he's been digging. Jackson is such a loser.
I love how if you are black, educated, and comfortable financially you are either a "Tom", a sellout, a getover or "acting white". That's just crap. Oops! Let me say it as I am supposed to. Sorry Boss, I's forgots what its was I's comes from.
What a riot. I would love for Jesse to clarify very precisely what he means by "acting like he be white." What's his specific definition of "how honkeys act" and "how African Americans act?"
The sad part about it is that 3 of our loudest voices in the black community send some very troubling messages about what they stand for. Those three are Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Louis Farrakhan. Louis and Jesse are about on the same page these days it would appear and even Louis Farrakhan seems to be having a change of view on race, which could be a good thing.
Funny you should mention those three, because I had just put their names in a thread that got hijacked to the racism topic. Sharpton and Jackson are just racist idiots, though, who have a blind and gullible following. Farrakhan, on the other hand, is much more dangerous in my opinion. His association with the Nation of Islam group is troubling. He uses a religious fanatical fringe to advance hatred and violence toward them white folks. He's the polar opposite of the Klansmen and the White Nationalists, and that is NOT a good thing.

At any rate, it's just pathetic that Jackson claims to be a leader of the people of color, then pulls a stunt like this.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jackson reaffirms backing for Obama

The Rev. Jesse Jackson appeared to backtrack yesterday from criticism of Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama for not being more vocal about the controversial case of six black teenagers charged in the beating of a classmate in Jena, La.

The State newspaper reported that during a speech Tuesday at historically black Benedict College in Columbia, S.C., the civil rights leader said Obama was "acting like he's white" in his tepid response to the Jena case, which has inflamed racial tensions and which has drawn criticism that prosecutors are treating the teens too harshly.
But yesterday, Jackson reaffirmed his endorsement of Obama, who is the son of a Kenyan father and white mother and is trying to appeal to African-American and white voters in pursuit of the nomination.
"He has remarkably transcended race, however the impact of [Hurricane] Katrina and Jena makes America's unresolved moral dilemma of race unavoidable," Jackson, who ran for president himself, said in a statement. ". . . I commend Senator Obama for speaking out and demanding fairness on this defining issue. Any attempt to dilute my support for Senator Obama will not succeed."

FOON RHEE

Jackson reaffirms backing for Obama - The Boston Globe

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Jackson reaffirms backing for Obama

The Rev. Jesse Jackson appeared to backtrack yesterday from criticism of Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama for not being more vocal about the controversial case of six black teenagers charged in the beating of a classmate in Jena, La.

The State newspaper reported that during a speech Tuesday at historically black Benedict College in Columbia, S.C., the civil rights leader said Obama was "acting like he's white" in his tepid response to the Jena case, which has inflamed racial tensions and which has drawn criticism that prosecutors are treating the teens too harshly.
But yesterday, Jackson reaffirmed his endorsement of Obama, who is the son of a Kenyan father and white mother and is trying to appeal to African-American and white voters in pursuit of the nomination.
"He has remarkably transcended race, however the impact of [Hurricane] Katrina and Jena makes America's unresolved moral dilemma of race unavoidable," Jackson, who ran for president himself, said in a statement. ". . . I commend Senator Obama for speaking out and demanding fairness on this defining issue. Any attempt to dilute my support for Senator Obama will not succeed."

FOON RHEE

Jackson reaffirms backing for Obama - The Boston Globe

The only one shooting down Jesse's support is Jesse himself. So if he doesn't want his support of Obama "diluted" he should put his water pitcher down and sit down and shut up.

Typical backpedal when the media points out what a moron he is being. What a flipping tool.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obama is better off without jessies support, he`d be wise to stay clear of him all together if he wants american voters to take him seriously. Obama is just another stepping stone for jessie to get some more free publicity, jessie has and always will be about how he`ll look in the history books, he`s no different that al gore trying to save the planet and somehow get recognized for it.

lafever

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Obama is better off without jessies support, he`d be wise to stay clear of him all together if he wants american voters to take him seriously. Obama is just another stepping stone for jessie to get some more free publicity, jessie has and always will be about how he`ll look in the history books, he`s no different that al gore trying to save the planet and somehow get recognized for it.

lafever

I don't think Obama asked for it. I am sure he (Jackson) is the last person Obama would want to share a podium with. Sad thing is most of the real leaders of the black community (Kwesi Mfume and Myrlie Evers-Williams) tend to stay away from the political fray these days and keep a low profile.

mindfawk

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's sad to say that if Obama would have actively attempted to play a more supporting role in the Jena incident that he could basically kiss his political dream of becoming President goodbye.

Personally I think he's handling the situation as he feels it should be handled; he knows that if he were to have been there to show a tremendous amount of support for the Jena 6 that most Americans would have viewed it as Obama pulling out his black card and come time for the polls to open the majority of the American public would have rushed to vote against him.

He's not a stupid man, unlike Jackson who openly embraces his own ignorance with comments like "he's acting like he's white".

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's sad to say that if Obama would have actively attempted to play a more supporting role in the Jena incident that he could basically kiss his political dream of becoming President goodbye.

Personally I think he's handling the situation as he feels it should be handled; he knows that if he were to have been there to show a tremendous amount of support for the Jena 6 that most Americans would have viewed it as Obama pulling out his black card and come time for the polls to open the majority of the American public would have rushed to vote against him.

He's not a stupid man, unlike Jackson who openly embraces his own ignorance with comments like "he's acting like he's white".

So true, and yet so sad all at the same time.

Get ready because you know he is going to be hounded by idiot reporters on the incident and what "his view" of it is. It's a political lose-lose for him. He says anything, he's going to piss someone off somewhere.

BTW Mindfawk, there is a contingent of ignorant people on their way to picket outside your house for lumping them with Jesse Jackson, that is if they can ever figure out how to use Mapquest. :biggrin1:

Jeffin90620

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On the Los Angeles FM-Talk station, the evening talk show hosts have a segment on Thursdays called, "What Did Jesse Say?".

They play a few sentences of a Jesse Jackson speech (presumably to a black audience), then ask callers to recite what he said. Callers can hear the speech several times, but almost no one gets it right (and even then, it's a judgment call by the hosts).

So I guess Obama is "acting white" be being understandable.

mindfawk

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So true, and yet so sad all at the same time.

Get ready because you know he is going to be hounded by idiot reporters on the incident and what "his view" of it is. It's a political lose-lose for him. He says anything, he's going to piss someone off somewhere.

BTW Mindfawk, there is a contingent of ignorant people on their way to picket outside your house for lumping them with Jesse Jackson, that is if they can ever figure out how to use Mapquest. :biggrin1:
LOL, let um come on over. I'll drag out the coyote traps and set them up across the front lawn. If anyone did feel my comments to insulting I'll just say that I won't apologize for stating the obvious.

Randyvoorburg

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Sometimes the very victims of racism are themselves the biggest recists. I think it's always about jealousy. Whenever someone from a minority group, any minority group, other members who didn't get as lucky become bitter. People like these take every step forward 3 steps back. We should be ashamed of them. What does he want Obama to do, rap? We complain about stereotyping but here we are committing the same crime. How the hell does one "act white"? Was he drinking tea with his pinky up? What the fuck!

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It must be so daunting for an intelligent, educated, non-racist, sophisticated black person to get into politics! They have to deal with what we all know as the old racist crap (white), but now they have to deal with that same SHIT from other non-white (lol) persons! All brains are PINK!

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LOL, let um come on over. I'll drag out the coyote traps and set them up across the front lawn. If anyone did feel my comments to insulting I'll just say that I won't apologize for stating the obvious.

Don't worry. They won't be making it. Seems they have a serious roadblock. There was a stop sign and they are stuck waiting for it to become a go sign.

Insulting? Hardly. Since when is the honest truth insulting?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didn't know Rev. Jackson worked for Nascar???
I love it! Spot on hotmilf; and I love your new avatar. :smile:

No big newsflash there. Jesse lost his credibility when it came out Mr high and mighty morals had a love child out of wedlock. I never had any faith in his ability as a politician/leader. How am I supposed to vote for somebody who makes Dr. Seuss sound like Winston Churchill.
All that he stood for sort of went out the window and now he just looks like a sad man with no good cause to fight.

I love how if you are black, educated, and comfortable financially you are either an "Uncle Tom", a sellout, a getover or "acting white". That's just crap. Oops! Let me say it as I am supposed to. Sorry Boss, I's forgots what its was I's comes from. Grrr! You have no idea how much this pisses me off. :mad: Or how many times I have been accused of acting white because I can conjugate verbs properly.
Al Sharpton I have my issues with, but I at least have to salute him for his unceasing war on the "N" word. He went after Imus (I still say a bit over the top, but point made) and he even got Eddie Griffith for using it at a Black Enterprise Magazine function. I personally think griffith should have been shot for wrecking the Ferrari Enzo.:biggrin1:
I wanted to slap that stupid grin off his face so bad! :mad: How dare he disrespect such a beautiful machine.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit. It has been rumored that Jackson has issues with Sharpton for the same reason. At least Sharpton is a bigger man and supports Obama rather than shoot the man on some level and can explain why he does or doesn't agree with Obama and he can do it without calling him "acting white" like Jackson.
I don't always agree with Al Sharpton but he serves a purpose in the African-American community. Of course I don't trust any man with hair longer than mine or that goes to the beauty parlor more than I do.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
Sadly, I doubt this will happen in my lifetime.

I don't think Obama asked for it. I am sure he (Jackson) is the last person Obama would want to share a podium with. Sad thing is most of the real leaders of the black community (Kwesi Mfume and Myrlie Evers-Williams) tend to stay away from the political fray these days and keep a low profile.
Kwesi Mfume? Myrlie Evers-Williams? I haven't heard anything from either of them in so long I forgot they were alive. :redface: :frown1:

D

deleted15807

Talk about the mixed man's burden of proof. He'll never be black enough. He'll never be white enough.

It's telling that the old guard of black professional political leaders resent him not coming on bended knee for their benediction.

The sad thing is Jesse is buying into the 'one drop rule'. And it's very disappointing to hear him say those things.

"The United States is the only country in the world in which a white mother can have a black child but a black mother cannot have a white child."

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One thing I find interesting about this whole debacle is the fact that Obama is NOT president; he's a senator from Illinois. Other than perhaps making a public statement, what the hell is a senator from Illinois supposed to do about a hate crime in Louisana?

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
On the Los Angeles FM-Talk station, the evening talk show hosts have a segment on Thursdays called, "What Did Jesse Say?".

They play a few sentences of a Jesse Jackson speech (presumably to a black audience), then ask callers to recite what he said. Callers can hear the speech several times, but almost no one gets it right (and even then, it's a judgment call by the hosts).

So I guess Obama is "acting white" be being understandable.
Oh great, make fun of the way Jesse Jackson talks. How original. I just love talk radio.:rolleyes: It's interesting that they would make fun of him, since most talk radio hosts have voices that sound as if they are constipated.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Jesse shows his true colors as a racist. I don't know if he is a mush-mouth or just has a speech impediment.