Obama's "acting like he's white"

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All we need is some obvious sarcasm to make this house a happy home, DC.
And what is your point?

Why? In post #86 you blatantly insulted me without provocation. You sound frustrated, DC. In need of therapy. Jesse doesn't speak for me, nor does he speak for Naughty. But I think this is the crux of the matter:
And you are blatantly insulting me. I am frustrated, but I'm fairly certain you are the one in need of therapy.

I never claimed anyone spoke for you, or for Naughty. But I'm glad you feel compelled to speak for her.

Earlier, you claimed that you rarely type other than what is intended. That does not seem to be the case, though, as many of your posts of late have heavy implied meaning.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I never claimed anyone spoke for you, or for Naughty.
Then why do you want an explanation for Jackson's comments? It works both ways.

Earlier, you claimed that you rarely type other than what is intended. That does not seem to be the case, though, as many of your posts of late have heavy implied meaning.
It's called "sarcasm," DC. Earlier, in some other thread, you said, "I very rarely type other than what I intend," which is obviously not the case.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
This is a long time problem within the black community. When someone gets out of the ghetto, unless they are a singer/rapper or an athlete, they are seen as a sell out. Obama is loved by many in the black community, but one of my relatives sees him as "out of touch" with the inner city because of his pedigree and where his father comes from. I
Using an anology here, surveys have shown that boys get their faith from their moms and their church going habits from their fathers.

Obama's mother is an upper class white lady. Whether you like Obama or not, the fact still remains that he is genuinely the person he personifies. To act differently would make Obama somewhat of a fraud. That certainly take away the respect that many people have for this man. Obama is his mother's son just as much as he is his father's son.

I have read or heard several African-Americans say that Obama is not culturally African-American as his father is not descended from slaves, but rather a recent immigrant who is Muslim, nothing close to the African-American culture that developed over centuries here in the South.

When as an adult Obama could make the choice for himself, Obama chose Christianity, not Islam, the religion of his father.

I am for Hillary, but I am not against Obama. I believe Hillary is more qualified for the job. I also believe that the Hillary negatives are already on the table and there won't be surprises. I believe that if Obama gets the Democratic nomination, the Republicans will find all kinds of negatives against Obama. Some of those negatives may even be true. But to the Republicans that won't matter. Their goal will be to turn the majority white voters away from Obama even if all the dirt they pull on him is fake.

There is no doubt that Obama is a very articulate person, extremely bright and he is a people person.

I'm sure he is a threat to the established old guard African-American leadership.

The thing I like about this year's Democratic contenders is that I like all of them. I am not against any of them. Usually there is one that I just am against for whatever reason. Obama or Edwards would make great presidents I am sure.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think that Obama is extremely bright but may be in a little over his head at this point in his life. I am sure a Hillary Obama ticket is a possibility with him as VP. Other than scandal this ticket could be unbeatable.

From what I have heard of Obama, he is certainly not above race baiting, but Jena is just too small time to get involved in. It was a stupid fight that got blown out of proportion by the charges brought against them.

BTW, here is a piece of stereotyping that leads me to believe the Jena 6 may be guilty but over charged. I can say based on my experience with fighting black guys, you better be careful, because it is usually not one on one like how white guys fight. Many times it turns into a Malay and if you get down, plan on getting kicked by small black guys or women that you didn't even know they were there.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Then why do you want an explanation for Jackson's comments? It works both ways.

It's called "sarcasm," DC. Earlier, in some other thread, you said, "I very rarely type other than what I intend," which is obviously not the case.
You really are an idiot.

Oh, and by the way, "I very rarely" is not the same thing as "I never."

My post that got your panties in a twist was one of those very rare exceptions.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So, I will ask for the fourth time: Obama's statement was along the lines of "I would like to see equal and fair judgement for all parties involved." That seems to be the statement with which Jackson took exception, and which he considered "acting like he's white." In regard to the Jena incident(s), what could Obama have said, that Jackson would not have taken as "acting like he's white"? What will Obama have to do to be "black enough" to satisfy Jesse Jackson? This time, I won't fill in the blank (and especially not with irony or hyperbole); but I really want your response, as well as response from Arliss and Dr. Dilznik.

Why? In post #86 you blatantly insulted me without provocation. You sound frustrated, DC. In need of therapy. Jesse doesn't speak for me, nor does he speak for Naughty.

The Almighty says, Don't change the subject...just answer the fookin' question.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
sorry guys nothing to do with this post, but am new here and am trying to make a new post, but i can find the buttons on the site, any one help me please?
You need to be at the forum entrance. For this forum click on et cetera, et cetera above and you'll see the new thread button.:smile:

SoFla8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Not at all. My point is this:

Anyone can find racism abhorrant, but you are a white man and have not hands on experienced having someone hate you because you are black. I have, I am sure Arliss has and even Naughty has. That is why we may be more sensitive to the sarcasm. Now on the flip side, I cannot truly understand what it is to be white and have someone hate on you for just that reason.
Exactly!

I think everyone has experienced racism regardless of color. I'm not suggesting that it's all at the same level/degree or nature either. The problem is when sarcasm, irony or exageration is used to make a point some people are too shallow to see it. Their knee-jerk reaction is normal for someone who is never willing to see any other view but their own. Thankfully most posters here have the right attitude and will openly ask what the actual intention was.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BTW, here is a piece of stereotyping that leads me to believe the Jena 6 may be guilty but over charged. I can say based on my experience with fighting black guys, you better be careful, because it is usually not one on one like how white guys fight. Many times it turns into a Malay and if you get down, plan on getting kicked by small black guys or women that you didn't even know they were there.

That isn't just a black thing. I grew up in Kansas City and worked at Bannister Mall for a few years. Many was the time I saw what you describe, but I also saw several instances of racist Raymore kids, in a group, kicking one black kid senseless. I also recall being thrown out of said mall once because friends of mine and myself (black of course and only three of us in number) were shopping (we had bags in hand) and confronted by mall security and asked to leave because we "constituted a gang". Bias is everywhere and it is colorless. It only takes on color based on the majority in presence at that time.

There is no doubt that Obama is a very articulate person, extremely bright and he is a people person.

I'm sure he is a threat to the established old guard African-American leadership.

I think the fear of the old guard is that with Obama in 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, he will "water down" the civil rights message as he is not truly African-American in the eyes of most Black Americans. Obama represents a coming order that my daughter will belong to. The children of mixed heritage will take the reigns and as such, a lot changes on the civil rights front. "Black is beautiful" becomes "Latte is beautiful"? It's going to happen, it already is happening.

And for the record, I cannot be called African-American. Obama is truly an African-American, but myself being fifth generation black in America, there are many more races and cultures that make me who I am. So out of respect to the true African-Americans, I choose to be a Black American as that is literally what I am. If I chose to name all the cultures that reside in my make up? We'd be here a while. :wink:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<...>
I think the fear of the old guard is that with Obama in 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, he will "water down" the civil rights message as he is not truly African-American in the eyes of most Black Americans.
And that goes back to my statement that it's sad the "old guard" sees him as an impediment, rather than a result. There are a number of Black Americans whom I think would be much better targets of Jackson's ire, rather than Obama. One would think Condoleeza Rice and Clarence Thomas would be much more deserving of the "acting white" tirades than is Barack Obama.

And for the record, I cannot be called African-American. Obama is truly an African-American, but myself being fifth generation black in America, there are many more races and cultures that make me who I am. So out of respect to the true African-Americans, I choose to be a Black American as that is literally what I am. If I chose to name all the cultures that reside in my make up? We'd be here a while. :wink:
I've expressed similar sentiments on LPSG before, and I got completely flamed for it. Personally, I think it would be the height of arrogant stupidity to refer to myself as "European-American."

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are a number of Black Americans whom I think would be much better targets of Jackson's ire, rather than Obama. One would think Condoleeza Rice and Clarence Thomas would be much more deserving of the "acting white" tirades than is Barack Obama.[/color]

So Jackson should go after the most powerful black woman in politics or the most powerful black man in the judicial system? Oh wait, is because they are conservative and conservatives are racists? ...Or am I reading into your posts again?

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And that goes back to my statement that it's sad the "old guard" sees him as an impediment, rather than a result. There are a number of Black Americans whom I think would be much better targets of Jackson's ire, rather than Obama. One would think Condoleeza Rice and Clarence Thomas would be much more deserving of the "acting white" tirades than is Barack Obama.

Both men (Sharpton and Jackson) are on record as no great fans of these two, but as to Clarence Thomas? Anita Hill did him enough damage among the black community that they really do not need to waste their time on him. As for Condoleeza? Again, I think the concensus is her actions (the infamous torture memo for one) speak for themselves so they don't really bother.

I've expressed similar sentiments on LPSG before, and I got completely flamed for it. Personally, I think it would be the height of arrogant stupidity to refer to myself as "European-American."

Really? That surprises me. I don't hate on anybody who calls themselves African-American, I just don't think it fits me. The terms black and colored never really bothered me, but I guess that has to do with my gran being from the deep south. I think the awful part of this is that during slavery, the black culture was robbed of just that, their culture. The slaves tried to hold onto what they could (jumping the broom, faith, etc.), but over time even that faded away. The modern black movement wants to get some of that back and I think that is a huge need for the black community as we need the strength and family unity that kept our African ancestors united as a family and a people. Somewhere along the line, we became obsessed with material rather than substance. I'll at least say this about me:

I am a Black American of African heritage. That fits me more accurately.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There are a number of Black Americans whom I think would be much better targets of Jackson's ire, rather than Obama. One would think Condoleeza Rice and Clarence Thomas would be much more deserving of the "acting white" tirades than is Barack Obama.

What?? Alright you lost me on this one, DC. Is there some reason "blacks" aren't every bit as qualified as "whites" to be sycophants, sexists, or Republicans? If Jesse picked on these guys you would approve? I don't understand the double standard.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That isn't just a black thing. I grew up in Kansas City and worked at Bannister Mall for a few years. Many was the time I saw what you describe, but I also saw several instances of racist Raymore kids, in a group, kicking one black kid senseless. I also recall being thrown out of said mall once because friends of mine and myself (black of course and only three of us in number) were shopping (we had bags in hand) and confronted by mall security and asked to leave because we "constituted a gang". Bias is everywhere and it is colorless. It only takes on color based on the majority in presence at that time.

I have been in many fights and broken up many fights, I am not saying it is a rule but there seems to be more of a gang mentality in their fighting style. No one really fights if they is an even number or just one on one, there is just a lot of loud talking and hands flying while screeming "do you want ot fight? etc. You get 6 on 1 and there might be some pushing and shoving until the guy hits the ground, then look out.

If you would like to discuss how white guys fight, just watch out for the guy that is about 5'9" to 5'11" about 185lbs to 200lbs. They would fight in about a second fists would fly.

Also you are about my age and when we were kids they would kick you out of the store for just being a kid or follow you around thinking you are going to steal something. Now if you dressed the part of punk (not saying you were) you would be kicked out right away.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have been in many fights and broken up many fights, I am not saying it is a rule but there seems to be more of a gang mentality in their fighting style. No one really fights if they is an even number or just one on one, there is just a lot of loud talking and hands flying while screeming "do you want ot fight? etc. You get 6 on 1 and there might be some pushing and shoving until the guy hits the ground, then look out.

If you would like to discuss how white guys fight, just watch out for the guy that is about 5'9" to 5'11" about 185lbs to 200lbs. They would fight in about a second fists would fly.

Also you are about my age and when we were kids they would kick you out of the store for just being a kid or follow you around thinking you are going to steal something. Now if you dressed the part of punk (not saying you were) you would be kicked out right away.

OK, I hear you on the fight thing. Makes sense. As for the mall incident, I and my friends were all in our 30's, wearing khakis, jeans, polos and nothing remotely "thug" related. That was why we got so bent about it.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You really are an idiot.

Oh, and by the way, "I very rarely" is not the same thing as "I never."

My post that got your panties in a twist was one of those very rare exceptions.
I know what it means. I've seen it too often to say it rarely happens, let alone "very rarely."

The Almighty says, Don't change the subject...just answer the fookin' question.
"What could Obama have said, that Jackson would not have taken as "acting like he's white"? What will Obama have to do to be "black enough" to satisfy Jesse Jackson? [...] but I really want your response." - DC_DEEP

I do not feel qualified to speak for someone else. It's a retarded question. Thus your point is what? Who knows.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, I hear you on the fight thing. Makes sense. As for the mall incident, I and my friends were all in our 30's, wearing khakis, jeans, polos and nothing remotely "thug" related. That was why we got so bent about it.

If your were in your thirties, then you were matrure enough and smart enough, not to take any shit from a mall security guard. :smile: