Obama's assault on the U.S. Economy

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The attached link shows, in detail, how our radical left wing President is assaulting our economy and setting it up for a huge fall in 2011.

Arthur Laffer: Tax Hikes and the 2011 Economic Collapse - WSJ.com

Try to make as much money as possible this tax year [2010] because you are going to need a lot of lube next year if you earn income or collect dividend income.

This massacre is going to be ugly.

musictomyears

1st Like
Media
I'm truly sorry, but I can no longer stay silent. Where does this bullshit come from? Has the President announced ANY tax hikes for his legislative agenda? (No, not that I have heard) Do we all understand that the President CANNOT raise taxes without the consent of the Congress? (Obviously not or we wouldn't be writing about how Obama is raising taxes) I certainly DO NOT have a Caddy health care program...in fact, no one I know does. Fact: I got a $10 per week "raise" with the Obama stimulus plan enacted in 2009...from, yes, lower taxes. Fact: My 2009 tax return was larger than any other tax return I've ever gotten. Fact: I do not make over $250,000 per year, therefore my taxes are NOT GOING UP.

While I'm at it: Has the Obama administration said one word about adding gun control to his legislative agenda? (Once again, not that I have heard or seen) Yet, I get e-mails from fear mongering Republicans and Tea Baggers that say Obama is doing away with our rights to own guns. WTF? Where does the bullshit come from and why aren't thinking, sentient people responding???

I am just so tired of the whole thing. If I could afford it, I would move to Canada...more accepting of Gays, they stay out of the being the world's police force, they already have socialized medicine that works (yes people, it works...this coming from friends who actually live there and have experienced using it...not from people who look at it and say that it can't work), etc., etc. What a bunch of bigoted and racist people we have here in the USA.

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"He knows not what he does."

The title of this thread includes the word "assault*", yet by post #6 you suggest that he's not assaulting anything so much as an incompetent blunderer.

Even for you, Star, this has to be one of the quickest walk-backs from an untenable piece of polemic.

* Assault definitions included for shits and giggles:

Free Dictionary by Farlex (legal definition):
Generally, the essential elements of assault consist of an act intended to cause an apprehension of harmful or offensive contact that causes apprehension of such contact in the victim.

The act required for an assault must be overt. Although words alone are insufficient, they might create an assault when coupled with some action that indicates the ability to carry out the threat. A mere threat to harm is not an assault; however, a threat combined with a raised fist might be sufficient if it causes a reasonable apprehension of harm in the victim.

Intent is an essential element of assault. In tort law, it can be specific intent—if the assailant intends to cause the apprehension of harmful or offensive contact in the victim—or general intent—if he or she intends to do the act that causes such apprehension. In addition, the intent element is satisfied if it is substantially certain, to a reasonable person, that the act will cause the result. A defendant who holds a gun to a victim's head possesses the requisite intent, since it is substantially certain that this act will produce an apprehension in the victim. In all cases, intent to kill or harm is irrelevant.

Free Dictionary by Farlex (general definition):

as·sault (
schwa.gif
-sôlt
prime.gif
)n.1. A violent physical or verbal attack.
2. a. A military attack, such as one launched against a fortified area or place.
b. The concluding stage of an attack in which close combat occurs with the enemy.

3. Law a. An unlawful threat or attempt to do bodily injury to another.
b. The act or an instance of unlawfully threatening or attempting to injure another.

4. a. Law Sexual assault.
b. The crime of rape.

v. as·sault·ed, as·sault·ing, as·saults
v.tr.1. To make an assault upon; attack. See Synonyms at attack.
2. To rape.

v.intr. To make an assault.

Merriam-Webster Online
:

Main Entry: 1as·sault
Pronunciation: \ə-ˈsȯlt\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English assaut, from Anglo-French, from Vulgar Latin *assaltus, from assalire
Date: 14th century
1 a : a violent physical or verbal attack b : a military attack usually involving direct combat with enemy forces c : a concerted effort (as to reach a goal or defeat an adversary)
2 a : a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person (as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner) that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension of such harm or contact — compare battery 1b b : rape 2

Words still mean things, you know.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The attached link shows, in detail, how our radical left wing President is assaulting our economy and setting it up for a huge fall in 2011.

Arthur Laffer: Tax Hikes and the 2011 Economic Collapse - WSJ.com

Try to make as much money as possible this tax year [2010] because you are going to need a lot of lube next year if you earn income or collect dividend income.

This massacre is going to be ugly.
I don't know if the American economy is going to crash again so soon or not. I'd favor raising taxes and cutting spending and reducing some deficits. But that's just me being cheap. I DO know for sure that Arthur Laffer is an idiot and I feel sorry for people who follow his advice.

He had a little debate in 2006 about the short term future of the US economy with Peter Schiff. Have a listen:

http://www.youtube.com Schiff vs Laffer

Schiff was correct about everything he said and Laffer was 100% wrong.

"The United States economy has never been in better shape!"
"Monetary policy is spectacular!"
"This economy...is working beautifully!"

He was still spouting his partisan lies in the summer of 2008 when the US economy was already six months into a recession and near total economic collapse was weeks away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MqIQ5IQPxM

These ideological talking heads giving advice and opinions should be locked up for the pain and suffering the cause the poor rubes who follow though on their whacked out prognostications.

Given this guy's track record, I'd put him on IGNORE if I were you.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm truly sorry, but I can no longer stay silent. Where does this bullshit come from? Has the President announced ANY tax hikes for his legislative agenda? (No, not that I have heard) Do we all understand that the President CANNOT raise taxes without the consent of the Congress? (Obviously not or we wouldn't be writing about how Obama is raising taxes) I certainly DO NOT have a Caddy health care program...in fact, no one I know does. Fact: I got a $10 per week "raise" with the Obama stimulus plan enacted in 2009...from, yes, lower taxes. Fact: My 2009 tax return was larger than any other tax return I've ever gotten. Fact: I do not make over $250,000 per year, therefore my taxes are NOT GOING UP.

While I'm at it: Has the Obama administration said one word about adding gun control to his legislative agenda? (Once again, not that I have heard or seen) Yet, I get e-mails from fear mongering Republicans and Tea Baggers that say Obama is doing away with our rights to own guns. WTF? Where does the bullshit come from and why aren't thinking, sentient people responding???

I am just so tired of the whole thing. If I could afford it, I would move to Canada...more accepting of Gays, they stay out of the being the world's police force, they already have socialized medicine that works (yes people, it works...this coming from friends who actually live there and have experienced using it...not from people who look at it and say that it can't work), etc., etc. What a bunch of bigoted and racist people we have here in the USA.

Did you read the link dude?

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The title of this thread includes the word "assault*", yet by post #6 you suggest that he's not assaulting anything so much as an incompetent blunderer.

Even for you, Star, this has to be one of the quickest walk-backs from an untenable piece of polemic.

* Assault definitions included for shits and giggles:

Free Dictionary by Farlex (legal definition):

Free Dictionary by Farlex (general definition):

Merriam-Webster Online
:

Words still mean things, you know.

To clarify: He is deliberately assaulting the economy. He believes that by taxing the wealthy and entrepeneurs, he will be embraced by the low and middle income population, and cruise into a second term.

My post #6 simply means that he doesn't understand what this taxation will do to the economy, and by virtue of screwing up the economy, he will have no hope of re-election. Post #6 was in relation to a previous poster suggesting that Obama wouldn't sabotage his own re-election hopes.

Obama is a con man first - before anything else. He looks at his objective - which in this case is re-election. He determines how to con the populace, and then implements his con. At the very end of his thought process - after perfecting his con - he may consider the actual repercussion of his behavior, but I doubt it.

He has been pulling off cons for 25 years with that silver tongue. He is so adept at manufacturing cons, that now it is the only thing he is programmed to do. And I would venture to say that he is likely one of the best, most polished and remarkable con men in the world.

If you read the book 'Catch Me if You Can' - it was written by possibly the best con man in U.S. history - Frank Abagnale, Jr. Barack Obama is just as talented as Abagnale, but wields infinitely more power.

When his game is finally up - because you can't pull off cons forever - it will come down hard and fast on this guy.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To clarify: He is deliberately assaulting the economy. He believes that by taxing the wealthy and entrepeneurs, he will be embraced by the low and middle income population, and cruise into a second term.

My post #6 simply means that he doesn't understand what this taxation will do to the economy, and by virtue of screwing up the economy, he will have no hope of re-election. Post #6 was in relation to a previous poster suggesting that Obama wouldn't sabotage his own re-election hopes.

Obama is a con man first - before anything else. He looks at his objective - which in this case is re-election. He determines how to con the populace, and then implements his con. At the very end of his thought process - after perfecting his con - he may consider the actual repercussion of his behavior, but I doubt it.

He has been pulling off cons for 25 years with that silver tongue. He is so adept at manufacturing cons, that now it is the only thing he is programmed to do. And I would venture to say that he is likely one of the best, most polished and remarkable con men in the world.

If you read the book 'Catch Me if You Can' - it was written by possibly the best con man in U.S. history - Frank Abagnale, Jr. Barack Obama is just as talented as Abagnale, but wields infinitely more power.

When his game is finally up - because you can't pull off cons forever - it will come down hard and fast on this guy.

Man, I want whatever Kool-Aid you're drinking!

ksupimp

Just Browsing
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Fact: I got a $10 per week "raise" with the Obama stimulus plan enacted in 2009...from, yes, lower taxes. Fact: My 2009 tax return was larger than any other tax return I've ever gotten. Fact: I do not make over $250,000 per year, therefore my taxes are NOT GOING UP.

Have to agree... I kept more money in my pocket from lower taxes and also recieved one of the largest tax returns I've ever had in my life, despite capitol gains (didn't have huge gains, but gains none the less).

I believe that the thinking, sentient people don't respond because it's like arguing with a rabid gorilla with ass rash. To each their own. I have my ideas, they have theirs. Lately, it seems the drivel coming from the left is just as bad as what's coming from the right. Who knows what to believe...