Obama's Girls To Attend Mosque on Weekly Basis

Discussion in 'Politics' started by faceking, Apr 24, 2009.

1. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
  2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

is anyone really surprised?

3. B_4inches

B_4inches New Member

I like how mousing over the link will tell you the url...

4. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Good one, we all know the madrassa is set up in the east wing.

Only surprised that you didn't a) click the link or b) through common sense alone, realize it was a joke.

5. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

#5 B_Nick4444, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  6. MalakingTiti

Gold Member

Albums:
    You expect? Well I expect to able to fuck myself in the ass and produce offspring but that's not happening either. This not just BULLSHIT, but FUCKING BULLSHIT. When will people like you finally give it up? Nobody with 1/2 a brain in their head is buying what you're selling. Give it a rest already. You're a bore.

7. D_Rod Staffinbone

D_Rod Staffinbone Account Disabled

you're evil.

8. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wonder which designer will be doing Michelle's chadors?

9. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Face, why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

And on the flip side, as Rick said, [we] know the game and you're gonna play-ay it.

#9 B_Nick8, Apr 24, 2009
  10. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
  11. houtx48

Gold Member

and if they did go to mosque, what difference would it make? this is a country where you have religious freedom. does that mean facequeen is an unpatriotic commie?

12. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yah, it's a joke. Ha ha ha.

Why are we joking about this? Does attending a mosque make you muslim? Honestly, aside from the fancy churches of the mormans that i'm not allowed into because I don't own the prereque shiny underwear, the mosque is the only type of major religious temple i've never been in. Does that make me hindu, buddhist, bahai, jewish, catholic, lutheran, methodist, episcopalian, baptist, and coptic?

Or does it merely make me interested in traditions of others?

An even more apt question is - why would it be bad for Obama, his wife or his daughters to be muslim, if they so chose? There is this mythology that the US is a Christian nation, and that all presidents have been Christians, when in fact, the first four presidents (including the author of the constitution) where deists. I think it's high time we have another non-christian president. It would do our country a lot of good.

13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

14. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

for those of us not given to LaPutian liberal flights of fancy, this is a Christian nation, whose notions, values, and ideals of democracy could ONLY have been conceived in a Christian context

the distinction between God and Caesar lies at the core of Christianity

(compare that to Islam)

though our misguided immigration policies have led to a flood of Hindu, Muslim, and and other immigrants, and although our educational institutions have failed to inculcate critical thinking, thus creating a large number of secular, atheistic humanists, the population statistically remains overwhelmingly Christian

the issue with Obama is that it remains credible that he lied about being a practicing Muslim, and that during his campaign, he excluded obvious Muslims from being seen at his campaign rallies; So, if he, in fact, is Muslim, or marginally so, we have a character issue that directly goes to his being a demogogue

which is what I strongly suspect, anyway, whether or not he is a Muslim

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

So, Obama is a Muslim again?
    I wonder what he'll be next time... A pimp?

16. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Does anyone really care? Besides Fox News anchors that is?

17. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    The perfect answer.......:cool:

18. Principessa

Gold Member

Sorry dude, you've been Rick Rolled :lmao:

Agreed.

You are so sweet, young, and naive.:rolleyes: In essence what you say is true and makes sense. But come on, do you honestly think he would have won the nomination if he had been a practicing muslim? :confused: I have serious doubts. Do you read any of the conservative blogs? It pays to know your enemy. Some of those people are still angry, not just angry, scared and mad which is actually worse. :mad: These are the people stockpiling guns and ammo as if Hitler were gonna rise from the dead and come take their babies. These are the people who don't like that colored man being in the White House and if you think for one iota of a second they would allow a Muslim to run the country you are out of your cotton-pickin'-mind.

19. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

The "notions, values, and ideals of democracy" in the United States were formed by men that were, at best, Deists (more likely Atheists). As a result, the United States is not a Christian nation, the ties to religion (even language) were purposely left undefined to allow for change. As the religious and cultural complexion of the U.S. evolves, the dominant culture will just have to acquiesce or found another country without the framework of religious and cultural pluralism at its core.

Also, the notion Obama is any religion other than what he states, is anything but credible, and the McCarthy-esque inflamed exploration of the topic is a product of very narrow, intolerant minds.

20. dong20

Gold Member

I entirely agree with you, in a de jure sense, but it would be equally narrow minded (that's an observation, not an accusation!) to deny that [contitutional protections notwithstanding] the US remains a de facto Christian nation.

With that knowledge one must also remember that Nick lives in a ... different America; a ... special America.

I have spent a fair amount of time in the Mosques of numerous countries both 'Muslim' and not. I have prayed at Hindu shrines and attended many Christian church services Catholic, Protestant (and others) 'Christian' and not and I have observed, even participated in events pertaining to other faiths in several other countries. I wonder, what does that make me?

To answer what was a rhetorical question, I'm a confirmed athiest, - I'd no more subscribe to a religion than I'd deny anyone the right to do exactlty that. This is despite my general view that organised religion is a hop skip and a jump froma form of national, even global brainwashing and remains the source of a sizeable proportion of this world's ill will, sadness and death.

In other words, I don't believe one's faith alone defines one's character, that is defined by one's actions (or sometimes, one's inactions) and I believe most anyone who is convinced otherwise, and would use that to make a cheap [political in this case] point, has issues that likely won't find resolution on fora such as this.

#20 dong20, Apr 24, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted