Obama's Health Care Address to Congress

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Outstanding example of presidential leadership.obama understands the american character and the purpose of government in a democracy. The gop is hopeless, devious, hate-filled and cynical. Fuck em !!!!!

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, now that Death Camps, coverage to illegal aliens and funding for abortions have been once again proven to be fallacies, and we have a projected cost that is supposed to be less than the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan, let's see what new lunacy talk emerges... and whether or not we can actually get a bill passed even without the support of most conservatives.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Outstanding example of presidential leadership.obama understands the american character and the purpose of government in a democracy. The gop is hopeless, devious, hate-filled and cynical. Fuck em !!!!!

Amen! The Repubs really showed their true colours tonight by the heckling they directed at Obama. I still believe!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It was reassuring to see the man I elected back in form. I appreciated the clear, unequivocal language of the address.

As an aside - way to keep it classy, Joe Wilson (R-SC). Fucking douchebag.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So whaddya think? :33:
I thought it was a good speech. He addressed the important points, as well as the rabid rights rumors. I don't understand why there was booing when he said the new proposed health plan would not pay for abortions or healthcare for illegal aliens. I think that is a good thing

Ericsson1228d

Experimental Member
Media
Well, now that Death Camps, coverage to illegal aliens and funding for abortions have been once again proven to be fallacies...

I'll just interject one comment. No matter what he says, there is planned verification system of legal citizenship to receive benefits. So, he may not be lying for saying there is no coverage for illegals, but there is also no mechanism planned to enforce that.

I'll give him a 1/2 truth on that one.

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When that douchebag yelled out during Obama's speech, it looked like Nancy Pelosi was going to personally go murder him. Great speech and I am glad Obama finally told Americans that all of the bull shit republicans have been making up to ruin the bill was false. Finally.

Ericsson1228d

Experimental Member
Media
I thought it was a good speech. He addressed the important points, as well as the rabid rights rumors. I don't understand why there was booing when he said the new proposed health plan would not pay for abortions or healthcare for illegal aliens. I think that is a good thing

The booing was from people who think he is lying.

Ericsson1228d

Experimental Member
Media
When that douchebag yelled out during Obama's speech, it looked like Nancy Pelosi was going to personally go murder him.

Come on now, UNFAIR! It has been documented that first you bite someone's finger off if you disagree with them. I'm not sure where murder comes in. Please follow the playbook!

D_Dick_Dock_Doe

Account Disabled
Media
I thought it was a great speech. While I do think there are some serious questions that still need to be dealt with (and I'll give the Republicans that point), the fact remains that there is no reason that people in the "greatest" country in the world should not be able to afford health care. Dropping people who get sick and refusing to cover people who have pre-existing conditions is bad enough. But to allow it to keep happening, and to deliberately stifle reform and honest debate with lies, innuendo, and ridiculous scare tactics (death panels?!?) is IMMORAL. Furthermore, to allow these lies and outrageous claims to continue without holding people accountable for spreading those lies is ridiculous. And the congress members who do not stand up to their own constituents and tell them that their outrageous speculations are out and out lies should be ashamed of themselves and held accountable for deliberately trying to keep an immoral, corrupt system in place.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I thought it was a great speech. While I do think there are some serious questions that still need to be dealt with (and I'll give the Republicans that point), the fact remains that there is no reason that people in the "greatest" country in the world should not be able to afford health care. Dropping people who get sick and refusing to cover people who have pre-existing conditions is bad enough. But to allow it to keep happening, and to deliberately stifle reform and honest debate with lies, innuendo, and ridiculous scare tactics (death panels?!?) is IMMORAL. Furthermore, to allow these lies and outrageous claims to continue without holding people accountable for spreading those lies is ridiculous. And the congress members who do not stand up to their own constituents and tell them that their outrageous speculations are out and out lies should be ashamed of themselves and held accountable for deliberately trying to keep an immoral, corrupt system in place.

Well said. Agreed.

B_24065

1st Like
Media

Because he was lying.

Ericsson1228d

Experimental Member
Media
By all means... let those idiots "boo" and "heckle".
It's their "seats" on the line in 2010/2012. Then we can all point & laugh.

Do you honestly believe that the Republicans are going to lose seats in the next two elections?! HA

The Dems will have to hire A LOT more Black Panthers to intimidate at the polls for that to happen!

The Democratic Party is in SELF DESTRUCT mode. I'm enjoying watching it happen.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Do you honestly believe that the Republicans are going to lose seats in the next two elections?! HA

The Dems will have to hire A LOT more Black Panthers to intimidate at the polls for that to happen!

The Democratic Party is in SELF DESTRUCT mode. I'm enjoying watching it happen.

Put away the crystal ball, sweetie.
We're talking current events, not futuristic fallacies. Let me know when you've parked the DeLorean back in its garage. :rolleyes: