Obama's Health Care Address to Congress

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So calling someone a liar is now racism?

Also, check your dictionary, it's not treason.

Disagreement = racism months ago.

Yeah, not the first time someone has heckled, but out of form/bad taste (course all that sitting, and standing is so sophomoric to begin with)... but so is BASTARDIZING a joint session of Congress as an agenda item.... for an idiotic rush job.

Not the time and place, but glad he called him on it.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Are they really magnificent? Have you seen them. Or do you lick them?

Well, it looks as though McCain convinced Rep Wilson to call the Whitehouse Chief of Staff to "apologize" for yelling "You lie!" in the middle of the President's address on health care.

Current polls coming over the wire note that the President's address has been an amazing success, despite so many unanswered specifics. Even Orrin Hatch begrudgingly applauded more than the core of 12 Republicans doing their in-sync frowning routine.

It's so enjoyable to hear a President be able to talk eloquently without a Texas trash accent.

and we didn't hear the word "terrorist" once. :eek:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Disagreement = racism months ago.

Yeah, not the first time someone has heckled, but out of form/bad taste (course all that sitting, and standing is so sophomoric to begin with)... but so is BASTARDIZING a joint session of Congress as an agenda item.... for an idiotic rush job.

Not the time and place, but glad he called him on it.

...So says another racist...
This was the first time the president was ever heckled in a speech to a joint session. Look it up.

And the fact that the first time it happens was with the first black president and a lily white congressman from South Carolina speaks volumes as to what is REALLY going on in the pea sized turds republicans use for brains.

Oh, and called him on WHAT exactly?

He called him a liar for saying the reform bill DOES NOT cover illegals.

In fact the reform bill very specifically states in no uncertain terms that it will NOT cover illegals..
So who's the fucking liar?

Why , the racist cracker asshole from South Carolina whose stupidstator goes off whenever his KKK threat level reaches "brown", that's who's the liar.

( what the... a brown president mentioning brown illegal immigrants?!) "ALARM ALARM ALARM!"

Oh, and face, you know full well its a lie, too.
Which makes you a hypocrite who is in league with a racist with poor impulse control.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Representatives are only "Certified" after an election, and the House Clerk (not Speaker) is the one who certifies them. The certification is confirmation of their lawful election to the position and that they meet the qualifications to serve.

This certification cannot be "revoked" by Pelosi.

If she could muster 2/3 majority, she could have him expelled.
Sounds good... I meant that Pelosi would have to initiate any punitive actions, but yes, as the discussion around the guy Blago tapped illustrates, the head of your PARTY can initiate a process to revoke your certification.
Pelosi can't, but the house minority leader can, and should.

Censure does nothing, except to make a public "tsk tsk" sound behind gritted teeth.
Censure within the house can also mean you don't get seated on committees. Which limits your power.

So, no, in reality, Pelosi can't do anything, at least not without 2/3 of the House agreeing with her.

Sorry.. yes she can... but she won't... not now that the pathetic fuck has publicly apologized, and will probably have to eat shit on the floor of the house tomorrow as well... if he sufficiently debases himself with profuse mea culpas... then the republican minority leader will not have to take further measures...

I am happy to see that MOST republicans have condemned this petulant fucks outburst...
But, of course, that doesn't make us look any better in the eyes of the rest of the world.
This racist fuck just shit on the seal of the United States right in front of the whole world.

And I would vote republican next election if the republicans had the fucking sand to force him out of office to send the message that NO ONE embarrasses their nation like this and gets away with it.

You apologists just don't get how big a deal this is... it is the equivalent of pissing on the US flag, on VETERANS DAY, in the middle of a parade telecast around the world.

He coulda said anything he wanted to the media outside the chamber after the speech... but what he did was unconscionable.
And, given the context, his racism was patent.

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
If anyone showed balls this evening, it was Barack. Obama really put the health care reform discussion back on track, and in a Presidential manner. Thankfully he firmly held the floor while Wilson's did his best impersonation of a Southern country cracker from 1959. It takes real gumption to reform health care in this country, and Obama deserves full praise for bringing, and personally reframing the debate. Even Nixon's 70% trouncing of McGovern in 1972 did not give him the political clout, or will, to take on this contentious, and needlessly ideological subject. And Nixon, never confused for a liberal, was for national health care. Those who try and write off Obama as a rock star, or only a consensus builder, should now see the man has moxie. After that speech tonight, the more respectful, but universally dour faced Repubs, some of whom Barack called out by name, need to come to the table ready to deal.

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm trying to summon some sympathy for Rep Joe Wilson. He's a victim too, after all. :smile: He's only reacting in a manner consistent with Dick Cheney's example of telling Sen Patrick Leahy to 'Go Fuck Yourself' in the Senate.

I'm SOOOOOOO glad somebody remembered this little incident!! Keep it up Republicans and the "moronic" electorate is finally gonna figure out in which party the real "crazies" reside.................and it'll be Democratic majorities for the next 40 years!! By the way --- just WHO again (remind me) speaks for the Republicans??????

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Obama answered no questions and gave no specifics. He even made the house laugh at that fact and he was being serious. :rolleyes: Obama only restated the fallacies he's being spouting in townhalls while trying to use charm and the memory of a dead senator to do it.

I'd love affordable high quality healthcare for every American that won't add to the deficit. The Problem is...Obama can't achieve it thru his ObamaCare -Not in this economic situation, and not with the federal program performance track record:
  • Social Security, Medicare, The U.S. Postal Service, - All insolvent and heading toward bankruptcy.
  • The Federal Reserve can't account for Trillions of dollars and the government refuses to investigate.
  • The Federal Reserve missed the Mortgage Meltdown that nearly led to economic collapse.
  • The SEC missed Madoff and numerous other Billion dollar mistakes
  • Congress is still wasting money on earmarks
Obama's speech was an insult because it looks like a train wreck just about to happen. We cannot afford to go with CRAZY.

Obama's numbers have been off ever since he stepped into office and we are supposed to trust that HR 3200 is going to work over 10 years? All the data says it won't. The CBO says it WON'T.

Rep. Joe Wilson has to apologize? Obama has already stated that his next mission will be immigration reform. You know why the President keeps saying 46 million when illegals are supposedly not included in his health reform plan? Because if Obama has his way they won't be illegals anymore.

What will happen when we run out of money? The UN is already discussing eliminating the U.S Dollar's reserve role. Nowhere in Obamacare does he address the shortage of Doctors, Nurses and facilities to meet the needs of 46 million newly insured. Do you honestly think you will be able to keep your current plan? Do you honestly think if Afghanistan starts to cost more and more (by the way it ain't looking good) we continue to spend more in Iraq because we aren't out of Iraq, we have to spend because who knows about Iran and North Korea, we spend on another disaster like Katrina or a Pandemic that there won't be rationing?

How in the world is Obama going to cut 500 Billion from Medicare without cutting Medicare benefits for seniors? Americans on Social Security already aren't expected, for the first time in three decades,to receive an annual cost of living increase due to the economic downturn and recession. Has Congress and Obama said that they would fix that? NO!
Every American should be concerned that despite a system that is truly broken, the Obama administration and Congress have postponed dealing with a real problem; how to ensure Social Security remains solvent for future generations. We are "all in" with Social Security, yet according to the trustees of the program it will begin paying out more money than it takes in by 2016. The retirement fund is expected to be depleted by 2037 if changes aren't made.
Instead, the administration and congressional majority leaders have devoted an inordinate amount of time in an attempt to rush though climate change legislation and health care reforms.
LufkinDailyNews.com
Honest to God, people are acting like a woman infactuated with some cute guy. "I promise baby if you just believe me now, I promise, I promise I promise..."

I'm sorry what is the consequence if his promise doesn't come through? My Healthcare. My life. My family's life. I'm sorry but Obama and the Democrat's Healthcare reform plans never made sense strictly on the facts and legislation. Not to mention that they wanted it rammed through before we had time to even read it and Obama's being doing that since he got into office against his promises of transparency. The numbers don't add up. Obamacare doesn't add up.

Kill all the Bills and Start Over.

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Obama wins with speech-watchers, poll says

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Two out of three Americans who watched President Obama's health care reform speech Wednesday night favor his health care plans, a 14-point gain among speech-watchers, according to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. national poll.

Obama wins with speech-watchers, poll says - CNN.com

And yes, Wilson needed to apologize. I guess he thought he was at a town hall. In retrospect he only helped Obama by illustrating the absolute negativity coming from the Republicans. This is EXACTLY the type of behavior that turns off Independents.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Obama wins with speech-watchers, poll says

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Two out of three Americans who watched President Obama's health care reform speech Wednesday night favor his health care plans, a 14-point gain among speech-watchers, according to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. national poll.

Obama wins with speech-watchers, poll says - CNN.com

And yes, Wilson needed to apologize. I guess he thought he was at a town hall. In retrospect he only helped Obama by illustrating the absolute negativity coming from the Republicans. This is EXACTLY the type of behavior that turns off Independents.

That American Idol nonsense? Obama and his teleprompter performed...but he didn't perform well. Obama convinced no one.

You know what turns off Independents more? Policy Failure. Democrats had the Republicans dead and buried never to rise again due to their damaged brand...Bush's war and his policies. Obama has his own war going very badly and some really bad policies according to the facts and the numbers.

As stated very clearly above ...Obama has been off on his numbers from day one. The Federal Government hasn't run anything cost effectively. And Nobody wants their healthcare jeopardized and the economy ruined...I don't care how many speeches Obama gives.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That American Idol nonsense? Obama and his teleprompter performed...but he didn't perform well. Obama convinced no one.

You know what turns off Independents more? Policy Failure. Democrats had the Republicans dead and buried never to rise again due to their damaged brand...Bush's war and his policies. Obama has his own war going very badly and some really bad policies according to the facts and the numbers.

As stated very clearly above ...Obama has been off on his numbers from day one. The Federal Government hasn't run anything cost effectively. And Nobody wants their healthcare jeopardized and the economy ruined...I don't care how many speeches Obama gives.
"Two out of three Americans who watched President Obama's health care reform speech Wednesday night favor his health care plans, a 14-point gain among speech-watchers, according to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. national poll."

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Polls show Obama won big time

By Yael T. Abouhalkah, Kansas City Star Editorial Page columnist
Two polls that matter show President Barack Obama had a strong showing with the American people Wednesday night.
His passionate speech on the absolute need for health care reform resonated with many.
-- The CBS News poll said Obama's approval rating soared from 62 percent to 69 percent after the speech.
-- A CNN poll said 68 percent of its respondents gave a thumbs up to the speech. Only 8 percent were negative.
Now Obama must build on the strength of his good speech to get real health care reform passed in Congress.
The moment of success he created Wednesday night should not be allowed to wither and die in Washington.

Polls show Obama won big time | Midwest Voices

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
....we know, we know, you'll never stop the inane political trolling.

We get it.

Nothing about my post below is trolling. I'm addressing specific political issues and backing up my post with support. If anyone is trolling - its you with your inane name calling and your pathetic attempts to distract because you can't address the real issues and problems with Obama.

Obama answered no questions and gave no specifics. He even made the house laugh at that fact and he was being serious. :rolleyes: Obama only restated the fallacies he's being spouting in townhalls while trying to use charm and the memory of a dead senator to do it.

I'd love affordable high quality healthcare for every American that won't add to the deficit. The Problem is...Obama can't achieve it thru his ObamaCare -Not in this economic situation, and not with the federal program performance track record:
  • Social Security, Medicare, The U.S. Postal Service, - All insolvent and heading toward bankruptcy.
  • The Federal Reserve can't account for Trillions of dollars and the government refuses to investigate.
  • The Federal Reserve missed the Mortgage Meltdown that nearly led to economic collapse.
  • The SEC missed Madoff and numerous other Billion dollar mistakes
  • Congress is still wasting money on earmarks
Obama's speech was an insult because it looks like a train wreck just about to happen. We cannot afford to go with CRAZY.

Obama's numbers have been off ever since he stepped into office and we are supposed to trust that HR 3200 is going to work over 10 years? All the data says it won't. The CBO says it WON'T.

Rep. Joe Wilson has to apologize? Obama has already stated that his next mission will be immigration reform. You know why the President keeps saying 46 million when illegals are supposedly not included in his health reform plan? Because if Obama has his way they won't be illegals anymore.

What will happen when we run out of money? The UN is already discussing eliminating the U.S Dollar's reserve role. Nowhere in Obamacare does he address the shortage of Doctors, Nurses and facilities to meet the needs of 46 million newly insured. Do you honestly think you will be able to keep your current plan? Do you honestly think if Afghanistan starts to cost more and more (by the way it ain't looking good) we continue to spend more in Iraq because we aren't out of Iraq, we have to spend because who knows about Iran and North Korea, we spend on another disaster like Katrina or a Pandemic that there won't be rationing?

How in the world is Obama going to cut 500 Billion from Medicare without cutting Medicare benefits for seniors? Americans on Social Security already aren't expected, for the first time in three decades,to receive an annual cost of living increase due to the economic downturn and recession. Has Congress and Obama said that they would fix that? NO!
Honest to God, people are acting like a woman infactuated with some cute guy. "I promise baby if you just believe me now, I promise, I promise I promise..."

I'm sorry what is the consequence if his promise doesn't come through? My Healthcare. My life. My family's life. I'm sorry but Obama and the Democrat's Healthcare reform plans never made sense strictly on the facts and legislation. Not to mention that they wanted it rammed through before we had time to even read it and Obama's being doing that since he got into office against his promises of transparency. The numbers don't add up. Obamacare doesn't add up.

Kill all the Bills and Start Over.

Ericsson1228d

Experimental Member
Media
Wilson's did his best impersonation of a Southern country cracker from 1959.

After reading some of these posts, I really have to go back and watch the speech again. You see, I thought that I heard Wilson yell "You Lie!" at the President. I didn't think that was a racist comment, but apparently, at least on the televisions of some of the posters here, Wilson did not yell "You Lie," but instead yelled "Nigger!."

Either I need to get my TV set or my ears checked.

Ericsson1228d

Experimental Member
Media
Keep it up Republicans and the "moronic" electorate is finally gonna figure out in which party the real "crazies" reside.................and it'll be Democratic majorities for the next 40 years!! By the way --- just WHO again (remind me) speaks for the Republicans??????

Yeah, I don't recall any recent events of a Republican biting someone's finger off in a town hall meeting. No, that was a rabid democrat.

If calling someone an "asshole" is crazy, what is biting someone's finger off?

Ericsson1228d

Experimental Member
Media
I just reviewed the posts in this thread.

One theme is clear. The Obama supporters routinely resort to name calling (stupid, racist, cracker, etc) but I haven't seen one conservative-minded poster do that. I wonder why?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A little backround on Heckler in Chief Wilson:
Whether because of his outspokenness or in spite of it, Wilson is a major recipient of contributions from the health care industry.
In fact, over his entire congressional career, health professionals represent Wilson's top industry contributors, donating a total of $244,196 to his campaign, according to the Center for Responsive Politics OpenSecrets.org database. He received another $86,150 from pharmaceutical companies, $73,050 from insurance companies and $68,000 from hospitals and nursing homes.
Among Wilson's top contributors are the American Hospital Association, a lobby group that represents the interests of hospitals and health networks, and the American Medical Association, which represents physicians.

Daily Kos: Obama speech disrupter a health industry darling