Obama's Own Administration: Obamacare Raises Healthcare Costs

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Bernanke clearly stated he had no confidence in Obamacare to do anything to help with the dire situation of the deficit
No he did not. Again you are misconstruing. "Uncertain" does not equal "no confidence", no matter how many times you claim that it does.
Thank you so much for futher making that clear to everyone with your need to put your foot in your mouth.

That's your grade Vince.

Oh and BTW...trying to get an insult in is priceless when you can't defend the fact that Obama's healthcare reform RAISES HEALTHCARE costs and the Fed Chair clearly states he has no confidence in it to do as Obama claimed. :rolleyes:
Oh, I was not posting to defend anything. I posted to question your ridiculous twisting of Mr. Bernake's statement. Didn't you understand that?

And as for the "insult". LOL.

Evidently you don't comprehend what you read.
What you demonstrated was your ineptitude on this matter...that was made clear for everyone to see. :rolleyes:
Thanks for allowing me to fully demonstrate that due to your severe lack of understanding. :rolleyes:
Report me. Please. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh and Trinity... I won't be responding to you in this thread again. Two's posts are all you get. Sorry.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^Agreed... :beerchug:

You of course are speaking for yourself because you lack any substance to stand on. :wink:
wow... It's the age old "I know you are, but what am I?" retort. Did the patient in the padded room next to yours help you think that one up?

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
No he did not. Again you are misconstruing. "Uncertain" does not equal "no confidence", no matter how many times you claim that it does.Oh, I was not posting to defend anything. I posted to question your ridiculous twisting of Mr. Bernake's statement. Didn't you understand that?

No matter how many times you say it, it won't change the fact that Bernanke expressed no confidence in Obama's healthcare reform to do as Obama claimed it would. In fact that was Bernanke's point in calling it out as a threat to damage the economy and you know it.

You didn't insult me...you attempted an insult and ended looking foolish when you didn't prove your point.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lololololol

I hope you're going for laughs, because any hope of having your opinion respected passed you by looong ago.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
lololololol

I hope you're going for laughs, because any hope of having your opinion respected passed you by looong ago.

You resort into hysterical laughter because you can't rebut the fact that Obama's healthcare reform raises healthcare costs and doesn't cut the deficit as Obama claimed. Who cares whether you respect opinions...you can't even deal with the facts. :rolleyes:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Resort to laughter? The entire basis for my interest in your remarks is laughter.

That you think you're taken seriously makes this entire thing even funnier!

rotflmao! My sides are starting to hurt!

Last edited:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Resort to laughter? The entire basis for my interest in your remarks is laughter.

That you think you're taken seriously makes this entire thing even funnier!

rotflmao! My sides are starting to hurt!

You merely look like a toddler having a tantrum because he lacks the ability to make substantive points and his feeble mind is incapable of taking a mature political discussion seriously. So keeping rolling on the floor...perhaps from there you can come up with a response to Obama's signature legislation doesn't do as Obama promised it would - Obamacare raises costs and doesn't cut the deficit by 100's of billions.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You merely look like a toddler having a tantrum because he lacks the ability to make substantive points and his feeble mind is incapable of taking a mature political discussion seriously.
Oh, now you want to do personal attacks?

lololololol... Troll, if there's one thing that I have yet to see you ever do on this forum, it is engage in a "mature political discussion".

So long as you come to the "discussion" armed with nothing more than manufactured lies and ideological certitude, people here will will never have any interest in discussing anything with you in a forthright and respectful manner... Your perpetual lies are a clear indicator of the weakness of your arguments and of your weak character as a human being. Frankly, until you yourself become respectable, you will continue to amount to nothing more here than being the resident punchline.

You want to call me childish? LOLOLOLOLOL... You're the one fumbling about in the dark, pretending that you can see the way. Turn on the lights sweetie, and maybe you'll stop constantly running yourself into sharp objects.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Oh, now you want to do personal attacks?

There was no personal attack. You said you were rolling on the floor. You continue to post hysterical laughter while avoiding the political issue. You demonstrate your ineptitude to handle a mature political discussion. :rolleyes:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There was no personal attack. You said you were rolling on the floor. You continue to post hysterical laughter while avoiding the political issue. You demonstrate your ineptitude to handle a mature political discussion. :rolleyes:
And you have never had a political DISCUSSION.......if it wasn't for the cut and paste function, you would have nothing to post.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
And you have never had a political DISCUSSION.......if it wasn't for the cut and paste function, you would have nothing to post.

Really? Then what are all you complaining about? The sources from cut and paste? :rolleyes: Were grown men up in arms, putting on ignore simple posts of quotes from articles? :rolleyes:

I've made solid political arguments, clear points and held my own in the political discussion, backing up my points with sources.

And Indy - you know it.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Really? Then what are all you complaining about? The sources from cut and paste? :rolleyes: Were grown men up in arms, putting on ignore simple posts of quotes from articles? :rolleyes:

I've made solid political arguments, clear points and held my own in the political discussion, backing up my points with sources.

And Indy - you know it.
You lied your ass off, as usual... and got busted, as usual... And ever since you got busted for lying, you have done nothing in this thread but level personal attacks on anyone who dares come into the thread and agree that as usual, you lied.

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

And Indy - you know it.
Actually you haven't. You NEVER simply give YOUR opinion on anything....your posts are a jumble of quips cut and pasted from the various right wing haunts you frequent. So YOU haven't made political arguments, you let the right wing blogosphere be your voice.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
You lied your ass off, as usual... and got busted, as usual... And ever since you got busted for lying, you have done nothing in this thread but level personal attacks on anyone who dares come into the thread and agree that as usual, you lied.

That never happened. And if it did ever happen (it won't -so don't get your hopes up) you certainly wouldn't be involved in any way. :rolleyes:

Actually you haven't. You NEVER simply give YOUR opinion on anything....your posts are a jumble of quips cut and pasted from the various right wing haunts you frequent. So YOU haven't made political arguments, you let the right wing blogosphere be your voice.

Actually, I have. I have stated my opinion and supported my political arguments with sources. As I have pointed out on numerous occasions, I have used articles from highly regarded news organizations: New York Times, LATimes, Washington Post, Times magazine, Newsweek, Boston Globe, Wall Street Journal and more. I do also use right wing sources as you have used left wing sources. You don't get to invalidate right wing sources because you don't agree with them.

I use information from blogs just as others (including you) have posted from the Daily Kos and the Huffington Post as sources. Again you don't get to invalidate sources just because you don't agree with them.

Also, you don't get to dictate how I post. You don't get to tell me how I must state my opinion or write my political argument. You guys aren't up in arms about posts which simply quote from National Review. You clearly are well aware of my opinions and you are fully aware that I make valid political arguments - to assert otherwise is untrue.

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Well if we're going to stick to opinion and argument (allegedly based on sources) let me restate an opinion expressed by the o.p.: that we need health care reform.

Health care reform is still needed. Obamacare needs to be replaced with real healthcare reform. ....

If we're all in agreement with that, then I'd have to ask where is the Republican health care reform plan? The one that (presumably) would not allow insurance companies to hike up their rates, and the one that is going to save all of those billions, or at the very least do a better job of cutting the deficit while at the same time assuring some kind of coverage to as many currently uninsured citizens.

If reform is needed, then show me the better plan.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If we're all in agreement with that, then I'd have to ask where is the Republican health care reform plan? The one that (presumably) would not allow insurance companies to hike up their rates, and the one that is going to save all of those billions, or at the very least do a better job of cutting the deficit while at the same time assuring some kind of coverage to as many currently uninsured citizens.

The wingnut answer to 'reducing costs' has been consistent for years now; only those people who have the cash up front to pay for medical care should receive it. Everyone else should just shut up and die.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Well if we're going to stick to opinion and argument (allegedly based on sources) let me restate an opinion expressed by the o.p.: that we need health care reform.

Opinion and argument in the O.P. was based cited sources so nothing is alleged. The topic of this post was specific. CMS Medicare Actuaries released a detailed report declaring that The Obamacare Legislation that Obama put forth and forced through will not do as advertised or promised and will in fact raise healthcare costs.

That has been discussed in detail in other threads:

http://www.lpsg.org/2508254-post19.html

Obama's plan and signature legislation doesn't prevent insurance companies from hiking up rates, it doesn't save the billions it was promoted to or cut the deficit as advertised. If a healthcare entitlement program adds to the deficit and ends up hurting the economy, because it is healthcare - that jeopordizes healthcare and coverage for everyone.

As the link in the OP demonstrates from the Health and Human Services CMS Report, under Obama's Healthcare Reform:

Health Care Costs Increase
Seniors’ Access to Care Jeopardized
Workers & Seniors Can’t Keep the Health Plan They Have and Like
Long Wait Lines Resulting From A Shortage of Doctors and Hospitals
False Promise to Those With Pre-Existing Conditions

As for what the Republican alternative does...a smaller number of uninsured are covered under a solvent and paid for plan and premiums don't go up:

A paid consultant for the Obama Administration has confirmed that Americans will indeed see their premiums rise under Washington Democrats’ government takeover of health care. MIT economist Jonathan Gruber, whose health care analysis has frequently been cited by the White House, told CNNMoney.com, “In 2012 premiums will be higher than they are today — no question.”
If there’s one thing the American people wanted out of health care reform, it’s lower costs, and even after spending one trillion dollars, drastically cutting Medicare, and imposing all kinds of new job-killing taxes, Washington Democrats didn’t get the job done. Now Democrats are scrambling for ways to “fix” the new health care law that they promised would make coverage more affordable.

/Only Republicans put forward a plan that would reduce premiums – by up to 10 percent – without cutting Medicare or raising taxes.
Criticalbias.com

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^lololololol... You mean this Republican "plan"?

CBO Says GOP Health Care ‘Alternative’ Leaves 52 Million Uninsured By 2019
By 2019, CBO and JCT estimate, the number of nonelderly people without health insurance would be reduced by about 3 million relative to current law, leaving about 52 million nonelderly residents uninsured. The share of legal nonelderly residents with insurance coverage in 2019 would be about 83 percent, roughly in line with the current share. CBO and JCT estimate that enacting the amendment’s insurance coverage provisions would increase deficits by $8 billion over the 2010–2019 period.
http://cbo.gov/ftpdocs/107xx/doc10705/hr3962amendmentBoehner.pdf

Not only would the Republican 'reform plan' do next to nothing to actually improve the fate of the tens of millions of working Americans who lack access to basic healthcare, but it would actually impact the federal deficit even more than the Dem plan will, while producing almost no positive results. Their 'plan' amounts to little more than legislated payola for healthcare corporations and wealthy doctors.

In short, their 'solution' is what I just said it was... If you lack coverage and get sick, their 'solution' is for you to just shut up and die.

Last edited: