Obama's Seal Of Disapproval

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Theft of the Presidential Seal...

18 USC Sec. 713 ...

(a) Whoever knowingly displays any printed or other likeness of the great seal of the United States, or of the seals of the President or the Vice President of the United States, or the seal of the United States Senate, or the seal of the United States House of Representatives, or the seal of the United States Congress, or any facsimile thereof, in, or in connection with, any advertisement, poster, circular, book, pamphlet, or other publication, public meeting, play, motion picture, telecast, or other production, or on any building, monument, or stationery, for the purpose of conveying, or in a manner reasonably calculated to convey, a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States or by any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

(b) Whoever, except as authorized under regulations promulgated by the President and published in the Federal Register, knowingly manufactures, reproduces, sells, or purchases for resale, either separately or appended to any article manufactured or sold, any likeness of the seals of the President or Vice President, or any substantial part thereof, except for manufacture or sale of the article for the official use of the Government of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

http://www.nobamademocrats.com/images/obamaSealsm.jpg
Obama's Fake Seal

OBAMA'S SEAL OF DISAPPROVAL

It's interesting how the mind works. On one level It always wants to tell the truth and sometimes it devises ways to do it on its own even when someone consciously is trying to hide it. That's why people slip up.

Obama's unveiling of his fake presidential seal seems like the perfect example. Its almost as if its both he and his advisors' way of getting the truth out about Obama's and his candidacy.The symbolism of a fake Presidential seal is hard to miss.

After capping off probably the worst first two weeks any supposed Presidential nominee ever had, two weeks where he angered Muslims, Jews, civil libertarians, Democrats who opposed the telelcom immunity bill, and the editorial boards of every newspaper that had endorsed him because of backing out of his pledge on public campaign financing, Obama did what any thoughtful, serious, reflective serious, nominee for President would do. -- he unveiled his own fake Presidential seal. Not the kind that flaps their fins and catches fish in mid air. He already has enough of those with Keith Olbermann, Arianna Huffington, Newsweek and the rest of the news media swallowing everything he throws their way.

This one is supposed to make him look presidential which if you think about it, shows how unpresidential he really is, since if you are Presidential you don't need a prop to make you look like you are. It was obvious they needed a political strategy, something to make him look Presidential because obviously nothing coming out of his mouth has. So in pure Obama fashion they discarded substance and came up with something that looks like it came off the wall of a Knights of Columbus rec room.

No one knows exactly where it came from. One inside rumor has it that he saved box tops and mailed them to Kellog's in Battlecreek Michigan to cash in on their "very own Presidential seal" offer but the box tops didn't count because they were fraudulent. Supposedly Senator Levin intervened and Kellog's sent it anyway. But this is unconfirmed. The other speculation is that it came from a store in Chicago that makes bowling trophies.

But actually, in the end this seal is going to have a very real and useful function. It's going to function exactly the same way the real Presidential seal functions. Its going to remind people of who he is.

Speaking behind a phony Presidential seal is going to be a reminder of everything else that's fake that the seal represents. All the lies, deceptions, deceits and conceits that has earmarked his entire campaign, from his lies about his relationship to Wright and the Trinity Church to NAFTA, Iraq, and his current lies and reversals of the last two weeks. It will act as a warning label, reminding people that when he speaks no one needs to listen because what he has to say isnt any more genuine than the seal he is standing behind.

The seal itself is so preposterous and clownish, it's almost as if Obama is intentionally trying to make a fool of himself and he is succeeding, exhibiting the kind of behavior crisis counselors describe as a cry for help, as if he were saying "I'm over my head and I know it, I know I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing, I've suckered all these people in but now what? What am I going to do? Help me. Get me out of this".

And possibly super delegates who declared for him will do just that, since every day Obama is helping them come to their senses. Which is another reason that Senator Clinton's name needs to be on the ballot in Denver. Aside from the fact that there is a moral obligation to let the democratic process play out and for Senator Clinton's candidacy to be recognized, the Democrats and super delegates need to be in a position to make a choice. They clearly need a safety net. Any attempt by Howard Dean and the DNC to remove Clinton's name from the ballot for the sake of an appearance of party unity that would be as genuine as Obama's seal, would not only destroy any chance the Democrats would have for an alternative, it would also be met with mass desertions from the party by most of Clinton's 18 million voters.For them, taking her name off the ballot would be the last straw. And given the way Obama is going this is not what the DNC needs.

Anyone who had the two weeks Obama's had, would, one would think, lay low and regroup. After all, losing the person you put in charge of vetting your vice presidential candidates because of shady loan deals, adding Muslim women to the list of all the other women he's insulted,making statements about Jerusalem, the thorniest problem in the Middle East and then reversing himself within 24 hours angering Israelis, American Jews and Palestinians who all are now united in thinking that he is an idiot who cant be trusted, then angering most liberal Democrats with his embrace of the telecom immunity bill, and as if that wasn't enough, topping it off by going back on his pledge to publicly finance his campaign showing how shamelessly he can lie and angering editorial boards all across the country who feel betrayed, would not, to a sane person, call for the unveiling of your own fake Presidential seal. But this is Obama. Always looking for something to hide behind. Always looking to put out more snake oil in the hopes that people will buy. Maybe he's been hoping the Philadelphia Inquirer will see this as another "Lincoln moment".

As the Obama people have been saying for months, this is the candidate of change. He is certainly the first candidate to unveil his own Mother's Best Boy Presidential seal. No one can deny that. But he is showing super delegates and the Democrats who have supported him that, as every day goes by, he is becoming not so much the candidate of change, but the reason to change candidates. And it's possible that in Denver super delegates are going to do just that and give him their own seal of disapproval that he can take back with him to Illinois.

D

deleted213967

Hmmm! I was under the impression his campaign had already dismissed the seal as a one-time-use marketing gimmick.

The national polls still show him with a statistically-significant lead over McCain, so humility not being his forte, why not?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yep, that's an important issue. He misused the seal. I'm sure millions of Americans caught that instantly and were outraged. I didn't sleep for days!

I was so mad I walked around punching random people's babies for an hour. How dare he make a seal? It's so wrong! It's awful, it's disrespectful to everything that seals represent. They spend all that mothefucking time swimming around, eating fish, balancing beach balls on their noses and looking adorable and he's gonna go and plaster his face all over one?? This is BY FAR the best, most well-written, COMPLETELY VALID, well-thought out promotional campaign for Republicans (or possible angry Hillary supporter) I've ever seen. Since Obama's made a penny with his face on it, I'm gonna go break in some car windows and riot at the mall, anybody need a pair of corduroys while I'm in Nautica Plus?

Last edited:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Barack Obama's faux presidential seal bites the dust

Los Angeles Times

So much for that presidential-looking seal on the front of the lectern during a Barack Obama appearance Friday in Chicago.
Widely mocked (here, here and here, to cite but a few of the items that wryly took note of it), the intrepid Marc Ambinder of TheAtlantic.com reports that the insignia will be consigned to some closet to gather dust.
He writes: "I'm told that Obama recognizes that it was a silly mistake, that the universal reaction at (his Chicago headquarters) was, "Boy, was that dumb.' "
We doubt there will be much argument with that conclusion.
Ambinder's full post can be read here.

[UPDATE: Obama's communication director, Robert Gibbs, confirmed to CNN that the seal was history. “That was a one time thing for a one time event," Gibbs said. And, he must hope, the type of one time mistake that won't be repeated.]
-- Don Frederick

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'd bet my life savings that Michelle's remarks were either spun entirely out of context or were completely made up. I can't imagine someone as intelligent as her saying something like that, even if she felt that way, knowing the backlash it would cause for her husband.

THIS JUST IN!! Michelle eats rats and slaps the elderly!! Mccain 08 and Hillary, the nom that should have been......

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
ABC News -Political Punch
Jake Tapper
June 20, 2008

The Audacity of Hype

Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., debuts a rather familiar-looking seal as he speaks to Democratic governors in Chicago Friday.
According to ABC News' Sunlen Miller, the Obama campaign says that the Latin above the eagle -- "Vero Possumus" -- translates as "yes we can."
No word on whether they played a remix of "Hail to the Chief" as Obama walked in.
- jpt

User Comments

That man standing behind that symbol is nauseating.

Posted by: Alan Smith | Jun 23, 2008 3:32:37 PM

What is the problem. There are no strips on the eagle. Why don't all you people that are complaining look up the Presidental Seal. Do you know that you can buy shirst and robes with the Presidental seal on it? You can. If it was soooo sacred why would they sell dress shirts with it on there for the Presidental type executive. Also, when you look up seals there are multiple versions of the P. Seal.

Posted by: Iam4thisCountry | Jun 23, 2008 12:43:48 PM
I bet Obama makes his campaign workers call him "Mr President".

Posted by: cindy in nc | Jun 23, 2008 10:02:01 AM
This has to be a McCain dirty trick.

Posted by: Rob | Jun 23, 2008 12:24:44 AM

LOL LOL Good one!!

Posted by: HP Boston | Jun 23, 2008 9:23:11 AM

This has to be a McCain dirty trick.

Posted by: Rob | Jun 23, 2008 12:24:44 AM

To use a tired phrase, is it possible that in late June Obama jumped the shark?

Posted by: Robert P | Jun 23, 2008 12:23:03 AM

This can be compared to Mission Accomplished, Kerry windsurfing, or Dukakis riding in a tank.
Or more like Barney Fife puffing up his chest to look tough...

Posted by: cindy in nc | Jun 22, 2008 6:10:23 PM

How presumptuous and arrogant. Will he get a free pass on this too?

Posted by: Jersey girrl | Jun 22, 2008 3:10:59 PM

Obama needs to put "No Vetting Allowed" on his new seal.
That would be more appropriate than
Yes We Can.

Posted by: riley | Jun 22, 2008 11:43:46 AM

President of Chicago bylanes. Arronagce is spilling over.

Posted by: dave | Jun 21, 2008 11:57:04 PM

This has absolutely crossed all lines of taste, ego-mania, and superciliousness.
Absolutely unbelievable!!!

Posted by: drae | Jun 21, 2008 8:09:39 PM
I am so sick of this jerk. His fake seal makes me laugh every time I see it. What an arrogant, lying, pseudo-preacher. He is full of it.

Posted by: Jack | Jun 21, 2008 6:31:00 PM
Love the seal - so Presidential! :)
So many haters, so little time . . .

Posted by: Nobodys fool | Jun 21, 2008 6:06:52 PM
Rev. Wright needs a new sermon, "The Audacity of Obama". Oh that's right, they're still secret buds.

Posted by: HoosierSue | Jun 21, 2008 3:48:49 PM
Obama is not only arrogant and presumptious by using the presidential seal subliminally. He is invoking the wrath of voters by this act of entitlement to the highest office of the nation!
What would be more appropriate for him to use is, a SEAL with a SMILEY face on it. This will reflect the shallowness of his integrity and intelligence.

Posted by: BJ | Jun 21, 2008 3:03:46 PM
Is the faux seal illegal? Yes, according to 18 USC Sec. 713 ...
The Weekly Standard
Will my post disappear? Will OB be fined? No.

Posted by: wales | Jun 21, 2008 12:59:31 PM

Wow, his arrogance knows no bounds. Can you say P-O-S-E-U-R ?

Posted by: Juju | Jun 21, 2008 12:46:16 PM
OMG! he's wearing a red tie, he must be a communist! people need to grow up!!

Posted by: Kent | Jun 21, 2008 12:36:58 PM

Obama's candidacy represents the triumph of style over substance.
Alan Keyes says ... we have become dependent now, and we’ve begun to take for granted an understanding of politics that treats it as if
it’s a political version of American Idol. And ask yourself if those people you see on American Idol, they have been carefully pre-selected by a panel of judges you didn’t choose. (True) And so, the choices you’re making are amongst people you had nothin’ to do with.
When the political system becomes like that it means, that in point of fact, what you have is an oligarchy where the
people who determine the slate are actually determining the choices. And they are doing it now in such a way as to reflect these elitist values that I think are pretty clear, right now. Values that reject belief in God, that reject belief in the traditional family, that reject the primacy of
moral considerations and moral things, and dealing with political life, starting with the issues of fundamental justice that respect human liberty and inalienable rights. All of these things being cast aside and the choices that we are now being faced with are choices that discard all of that and that turn to us with the caretaker mentality.
When are we going to remember that that caretaker mentality was characteristic of the feudal times and those times that were the precursor of the absolute despotism of nobility and monarchy and aristocracy that were overthrown, then, by the revolutions that America was a
part of, in the course of the late 18th, early 19th centuries and that asserted the right of the people to govern themselves, without the need to get down on their knees before a separate class, set apart, that was somehow going to govern them in their own best interest, but without their consent.
That should be past, but it’s being restored now. And we have to decide whether we’re going to accept it. And I
think that this whole political system dominated, as it is now, by a media manipulation can only be broken if we
become the media. And I don’t mean that in terms of just takin’ over the airways, or anything, I mean that in terms of taking over our own sense of what is right for the country, and putting together, through our own efforts, that which we believe corresponds to the leadership the country needs.

Posted by: savvy | Jun 21, 2008 12:08:23 PM

Words? Just words?.....evidently!

Posted by: obamasbeenlyin | Jun 21, 2008 12:07:06 PM

Senator Obama is arrogant and condencending to everyone who does not believe he is the SPECIAL ONE. To me, he is just another Chicago crook trying to get elected. Senator Clinton was cheated out of the nomination.

Posted by: Mai | Jun 21, 2008 11:58:11 AM

Sandra J.,
I like your sentiment as it makes more sense. For me, instead of "VERO POSSOMUS" it should say "WEARY POSSUM". It's not Latin though. It just means that the press is playing dead like a sleeping possum and I'm weary of it.

Posted by: WestCoastMessenger | Jun 21, 2008 11:44:07 AM

Obama doesn't have to say it, he's showing it. He really think he's INEVITABLE doesn't he? I have a different idea about what is inevitable. It's inevitable that the press will continue to avoid real vetting and will continue to focus on tiny image issues, easy to report on.

OBAMA, no vetting allowed!

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Posted by: WestCoastMessenger | Jun 21, 2008 11:40:43 AM

A better Latin slogan would be
Caveat Emptor - "let the buyer (voter) beware."

Posted by: Sandra J. | Jun 21, 2008 11:40:26 AM
ARROGANT, PRETENTIOUS? C'mon,we're talking about Obama. He's part of the limousine, latte-drinking, left. All elite liberals were created equal. He is just more eliter is all.

OBAMA, no vetting allowed!

Posted by: WestCoastMessenger | Jun 21, 2008 11:36:05 AM
Sharon says:
"He has done more Damage to this country than anyone in history."
Amen, sister! And it's only going to get worse. Everytime someone opens their mouth to say _anything about the great o, we will be slapped down by accusations of racism. This has been very carefully and orchestrated from the get-go!
Wake up people - Save our country from this nazi wannabe. Psssst, hitler did this very same thing with Germany's national symbol. Look it up!

Posted by: Nanc | Jun 21, 2008 10:58:02 AM
To tell you the truth and my honest opinion, with all due respect to Sen. Obama, even in spit of armies of public relations and advertizing people, marketing and publicists working for Sen. Obama and his wife to scrub clean their public personal and politcal image... One picture is worth thousand words, right? Just this picture looks realy funny; Sen. Obama looks like some "third word dictator!"

Posted by: onepictureisworthalot | Jun 21, 2008 10:53:15 AM
Obama is trying to scare the voters about the truth. Well, just in caase the truth is out, he will say I told you they will use this to scare you. /Got it?

Posted by: Jackiesm08 | Jun 21, 2008 10:43:24 AM

The audacity of hype pretty much sums it up. We now know without a doubt that Obama is a politician not a reformer. He can't destroy public campaing financing and then expect us to believe that has the fortitude and the courage to bring about reform. Obama accused Hillary Clinton of "doing whatever it takes to win'-- now we see he is playing the same game, maybe even worse because he pretends he is something else.

Posted by: rafraf | Jun 21, 2008 10:43:22 AM

Once again, I think there is something terribly wrong with this man. I've said it from the beginning and I'll say it again. Maybe someone, somewhere will start listening.

Posted by: Polly | Jun 21, 2008 9:50:42 AM

"dwilson"---you said it well...

Posted by: riley | Jun 21, 2008 9:49:46 AM
What's next? Changing the American flag?
The media and 18 million Americans would go right along with anything Obama wants.

Posted by: cindy in nc | Jun 21, 2008 9:45:51 AM

Obama's arrogance is beyond belief. I just pray that the American people will see him for the lying, elitist, inexperienced, anti-American, Hamas-supportive, self-centered, self-glorifying and condescending snob that he is.
There is no issue, no endorsement, no media, no extreme makeover and no propaganda that could ever make me vote for Obama.
I am done with the Democratic Party whose leaders have sacrificed integrity for deceit and their bedrock count-every-vote philosophy for the disenfranchisement of voters.

Posted by: dwilson | Jun 21, 2008 9:40:02 AM
Obama's arrogance is out of control.
Hope the DNC is happy with their selection.

Posted by: riley | Jun 21, 2008 9:36:12 AM

We are really funny. They say he is not patriotic because he does not wear the lapel pin which is like a flag of the United States and now he gets an emblem with an eagle like that of the United States and is surrounded by the United States flags,then he is arrogant. Why should somebody have to wear a lapel pin or be surrounded by flags before we have to attest to his patriotism. This country is really making me sick.

Posted by: eyes like summer sun | Jun 21, 2008 9:24:20 AM
Obama and his campagin is just tacky!
Tacky is as tacky does...but hey michelle says the kids do not care where they are. Me neither!

Posted by: HP Boston | Jun 21, 2008 9:22:19 AM
OMG.... This guy needs a slap in the face to bring him back down to earth. He is starting to look and act like a delusional cult leader. I think the Dems or someone should stop him in his tracks. He is headed somewhere WE DO NOT WANT TO GO.

Posted by: MJL | Jun 21, 2008 9:14:26 AM
If this all you Obama haters have to complain about, then Obama's has this in the bag. Most voters will make their decision on the issues and not choose the insecurities of Republican leaning fera mongers. As evidence of the latest Newsweek Poll.
Obama = 51%
McBush = 36%
" Vero Possumus"
Obama 08

Posted by: Don't tread on me | Jun 21, 2008 9:12:07 AM

What a marketing campaign. After FISA, I expect to see logo's from AT&T, Verizon,etc on the back of his jacket soon.

Posted by: glenn mcgahee | Jun 21, 2008 9:07:04 AM
This guy thinks he is President already!! It just makes me want to puke. I would prefer 4 more years of George W. Bush than 4 years of this guy.

Posted by: Gabriel | Jun 20, 2008 6:32:44 PM

Gabriel that is a little extreme! We need a full house and senate of Dems, and that would be bearable.

Posted by: HP Boston | Jun 21, 2008 8:55:07 AM

Oh yeah, did he play the race card?Really? Because he beat the Republicans to it. Lets not fool ourselves, the Republicans would have used it. Even Mike Huckabee can attest to this.

Posted by: eyes like summer sun | Jun 21, 2008 8:54:41 AM

Speaking of audacity --- how about Obama playing the race card again today in Florida? Yes, he was out there telling his supporters that the republicans are going to be trying to scare them about him because he's young, inexperienced, has a funny name and is black. He did similar race-baiting last week and of course, we can't forget the race card played by Obama's campaign in South Carolina.
I'm not a republican and believe that they will do whatever they need to win the election. But to play the race card by accusing them of future race card playing is totally ridiculous and emblematic of the Obama campaign.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Damn... I always knew that you were a Republican Trinity... you have just outed yourself! LMFAO!!

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
coming from a democrat now, this brings back the video of him refusing to look at the US flag during the national anthem, he not only dissed the flag he refused to put his hand on his heart like all respected politicians would do. This mans position as a nominee should have been removed when this came to light but like Americans usually do they ignore the obvious.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
coming from a democrat now, this brings back the video of him refusing to look at the US flag during the national anthem, he not only dissed the flag he refused to put his hand on his heart like all respected politicians would do. This mans position as a nominee should have been removed when this came to light but like Americans usually do they ignore the obvious.

You are no Democrat "my friend". You had better get on the straight talk express before it leaves town cowboy.

LEAVE THE PARTY AND DO THE REST OF US A FAVOR!!!!!!

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

And I heard he has WMDs in his garage!!!

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
yawn.........you really have descended and become such a hateful person...any respect i may have gained for you during the primaries is long gone......be gone before someone drops a house on you

LoL...it's hateful to post what the mainstream media is reporting on ABC News and what American voters are posting in response to the story...hmmm okay.

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
Do you know what the outcome of this "outrage" will be? Republicans still won't vote for him and democrats will say republicans are blowing up something insignificant. Politics is never about politics. Junk like this isn't even worth mentioning (and obviously has nothing to do with anything important). I don't recall current President Bush ever making such a mistake when he ran for office. And yet, his presidency has been horrific. Perhaps we should start voting for the candidate that DOES use a fake presidential seal? The logic is flawless. Since this seal thing is so important, trinity, I think I'll make it the basis of all my decisions. That's what you want me to do, right? Vote for McCain because he didn't use a seal? Nevermind each person's stance on....well, everything. The seal is what guides me!

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

says it all

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
Or perhaps we ignore the inconsequential? Perhaps republicans are just looking for ammo, much like democrats are doing with McCain? Perhaps this country has more racists in it than people realize and that's the real reason they don't want Obama? Perhaps he's secretly a Nazi and hates America? Perhaps he doesn't believe in this country as it currently is and won't be acknowledging the flag until things are improved?

Stop with the idiocy! Talk about his stance on economic recovery or dependency on fossil fuels or that little war still going on. All of this nonsense is just mudslinging and the reason politics is so laughable. Both sides do it and both sides are wrong.