Obama's Seal Of Disapproval

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it's the magnitude and severity of the different issues.
Someone using a graphic illegally seems like jaywalking compared to the war in Iraq which seems more like a homicide. Some people are just too wrapped up in the concept of a crime being committed versus the type of offense and how it really affects our nation.

To tell the truth, Vinylboy, I agree with you about the magnitude and severity differences.

However, the law IS the law. Since his campaign broke the law (I'll be generous here and go out on a limb and say Obama didn't actually tell someone to go and make it) someone in the campaign needs to be fined for breaking the law.

Regardless of whom the President is, I'm a tad bit sick and tired of people running down the imagery of the President of the United States. This has been going on for decades now. I'd like it to stop and one way to stop it is to enforce current laws about it.

Do I expect anyone to go to jail over this?

Nope.

Do I want anyone to go jail over this?

Never.

However, the law is the law and in this case it was broken and everyone knows it. The fine needs to be paid.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To tell the truth, Vinylboy, I agree with you about the magnitude and severity differences.

However, the law IS the law. Since his campaign broke the law (I'll be generous here and go out on a limb and say Obama didn't actually tell someone to go and make it) someone in the campaign needs to be fined for breaking the law.

Regardless of whom the President is, I'm a tad bit sick and tired of people running down the imagery of the President of the United States. This has been going on for decades now. I'd like it to stop and one way to stop it is to enforce current laws about it.

Do I expect anyone to go to jail over this?

Nope.

Do I want anyone to go jail over this?

Never.

However, the law is the law and in this case it was broken and everyone knows it. The fine needs to be paid.

That's a good way of looking at things.
If Obama was to be punished for anything, it should be a fine and nothing more than that. If anything it would satisfy both sides of the coin. Those who see it as a crime will have the satisfaction knowing that our government paying attention to someone that breaks them regardless of their stature. Those who don't see it as anything major will see that authorities didn't obsess over it and took care of the matter in a more civilized manner.

But you know how some people are with taking any little discrepancy and escalating it to the level of hysteria. Obama can sneeze around a child tomorrow and someone will say he's trying to spread disease to the young. I think you'd agree that something like this shouldn't be front page news.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
And that law prohibits the use of a seal identical to this one:

http://www.vegasvik.com/images/funstuff/collect/rr_pres_seal_whole25.jpg

His seal is not a copy of the official one.:rolleyes:

You need to read the law. Any likeness or substantial part thereof:

18 USC Sec. 713 ...

(a) Whoever knowingly displays any printed or other likeness of the great seal of the United States, or of the seals of the President or the Vice President of the United States, or the seal of the United States Senate, or the seal of the United States House of Representatives, or the seal of the United States Congress, or any facsimile thereof, in, or in connection with, any advertisement, poster, circular, book, pamphlet, or other publication, public meeting, play, motion picture, telecast, or other production, or on any building, monument, or stationery, for the purpose of conveying, or in a manner reasonably calculated to convey, a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States or by any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

(b) Whoever, except as authorized under regulations promulgated by the President and published in the Federal Register, knowingly manufactures, reproduces, sells, or purchases for resale, either separately or appended to any article manufactured or sold, any likeness of the seals of the President or Vice President, or any substantial part thereof, except for manufacture or sale of the article for the official use of the Government of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You need to read the law. Any likeness or substantial part thereof:

18 USC Sec. 713 ...

(a) Whoever knowingly displays any printed or other likeness of the great seal of the United States, or of the seals of the President or the Vice President of the United States, or the seal of the United States Senate, or the seal of the United States House of Representatives, or the seal of the United States Congress, or any facsimile thereof, in, or in connection with, any advertisement, poster, circular, book, pamphlet, or other publication, public meeting, play, motion picture, telecast, or other production, or on any building, monument, or stationery, for the purpose of conveying, or in a manner reasonably calculated to convey, a false impression of sponsorship or approval by the Government of the United States or by any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

(b) Whoever, except as authorized under regulations promulgated by the President and published in the Federal Register, knowingly manufactures, reproduces, sells, or purchases for resale, either separately or appended to any article manufactured or sold, any likeness of the seals of the President or Vice President, or any substantial part thereof, except for manufacture or sale of the article for the official use of the Government of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
Call the Police...out Obama in jail.....Yawn

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
But you know how some people are with taking any little discrepancy and escalating it to the level of hysteria. Obama can sneeze around a child tomorrow and someone will say he's trying to spread disease to the young. I think you'd agree that something like this shouldn't be front page news.

Nobody is asserting that a sneeze be taken irrationally. Every single time Obama does something that reveals his character his campaign attempts to put the fire out by saying some version of what Michelle Obama stated when the Rev. Wright issue would not go away..."this doesn't help my kids...blah blah...let's discuss healthcare, Iraq and the economy" and yet when Hillary said I'll meet you anywhere, anytime to debate again Obama was like umm...no. The last debate made him look bad.

Know why? We know Obama’s and McCain's positions on Healthcare, Iraq, the Economy, Mortgage, Education. Sure they will continue to make more promises to the American people to get elected but essentially the platforms and positions are set. Now we are down to character and who the candidates truly are. Who can we trust in a time of crisis?

Howard Dean was the frontrunner for president until he got a little excited said "HeeeeYahhhhh" It played a thousands of times on every station. It was unpresidential and that was the end of his run for president.

Now, Obama unlawfully makes use of the Presidential Seal demonstrating his arrogance and folly and somehow discussing his character is out of bounds. People need to know who they are voting for and who they are telling others they must vote for.

p.s. discussing these issues will not remove focus from the War in Iraq, the Economy, HealthCare, the Mortgage Crisis, Education...if anything we are trying to select the best candidate to handle them all. It is valid for the American People to weigh whether a man who arrogantly displays a mock up of the Presidential Seal before winning anything will make a mockery of those issues.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
My wholehearted suggestion to those that disagree with Trinity is to just walk away! You don't want to find yourself stuck in this thread for the next week. Neither side is going to agree with the other. I used to get wrapped up in these things but no good came from it. Throw her on your ignore list and be done with it. Enjoy the weather!

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Back to the real world. Obama is asing his supportersr to help Hillary pay off her debts. Friday they will campaign together with Clinton giving full support to Obama.

The primary season is over. My candidate Hillary did not win. Sure I beleive she won the popular vote. I believe Howard Dean was orchestrating the super delegates to fall in line behind Obama.

But the primary season is over. Again, the primary season is over.

This thread is for history buffs like a thread on the American Civl War. Discuss it all you ilke. it will not change that the south lost.

It would make more sense to debate which is the best person to be president Obama or McCain. That is the issue now.

I am a Democrat. I will support Obama just like Hillary will and I hope most of her supporters. We can't take a chance on another four years of Republican rule.

Listen to McCain and I immediately remember to pull the lever for Obama.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Back to the real world. Obama is asing his supportersr to help Hillary pay off her debts. Friday they will campaign together with Clinton giving full support to Obama.

The primary season is over. My candidate Hillary did not win. Sure I beleive she won the popular vote. I believe Howard Dean was orchestrating the super delegates to fall in line behind Obama.

But the primary season is over. Again, the primary season is over.

This thread is for history buffs like a thread on the American Civl War. Discuss it all you ilke. it will not change that the south lost.

It would make more sense to debate which is the best person to be president Obama or McCain. That is the issue now.

I am a Democrat. I will support Obama just like Hillary will and I hope most of her supporters. We can't take a chance on another four years of Republican rule.

well said

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Nobody is asserting that a sneeze be taken irrationally. Every single time Obama does something that reveals his character his campaign attempts to put the fire out by saying some version of what Michelle Obama stated when the Rev. Wright issue would not go away..."this doesn't help my kids...blah blah...let's discuss healthcare, Iraq and the economy" and yet when Hillary said I'll meet you anywhere, anytime to debate again Obama was like umm...no. The last debate made him look bad.

To be honest (and I'm just using my own opinion here), Obama hasn't done anything major that has made me want to rethink his credibility for the presidency. I was never a person who tried to put either candidate on a pedestal and act as if they could never do wrong. Even during the primary when I supported Clinton, I tried to view both candidates strictly as politicians. Which means also accepting all of the baggage and behind the scene pandering that politicians do for they all engage in it. The way people catered to Clinton rhetoric and ignored Obama's is unfair. However, we should have been ignoring ALL of it. And now that the Primary is over, the last thing we need to do is make the final stage of the election another argument over trivial matters. Unlike the Primary, we have two candidates that are distinctively different on most issues. It doesn't take a microscope to see where both candidates stand, nor does it need a hyper-analysis of every idiosyncrasy they exhibit. We should be above taking these trivial matters and making them more than what they really are.

I mean, we could make the use of a Presidential Seal an issue. But is it really harming anyone? It's not as if he placed a swastika on it and denounced his loyalty to America. Is using a part of the Presidential Seal as bad as burning the flag (which seems to be a popular pastime overseas these days)? We can even look at more Obama "politics as usual" rhetoric and point out the fact that he hasn't had any Muslim women behind him during his speeches, nor has he made it a point to go to a Muslim Church in fear that people would spin this into more anti-American statements. At the end of the day, does this really show his true character or is he just avoiding unnecessary scrutiny from those who will sidetrack his campaign with random fluff?

That's why I bring up the point of severity on this issue. I've seen the Presidential Seal altered and used in so many ways that seeing this doesn't phase me at all. In the end, I still think Obama is the better choice than McCain. A part of me wishes that it was Clinton in the final stage, but having Obama is a great consolation prize.

Reactions: dreamer20

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
So Trinity, do you think Sen. Clinton should turn down any offers to pay off her campaign debt by such an unscrupulous, lawbreaking (as you seem to believe) scoundrel?

If she doesn't won't she be soiled by association?

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
YAny likeness or substantial part thereof

Who determines the likeness or substantial part thereof? Seems a little ambiguous to me. You're desperate, it shows, and its funny as hell. Keep posting.

Wtf happened to JUST SAY NO DEAL? LMAO That didn't even last 15 minutes did it?

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media

I am also a Democrat and I will not be supporting Obama. I hope many of Hillary supporters who do not feel that this election has been fair and do not feel comfortable supporting Obama do not vote for him. I feel that the way in which the Democratic Party chose to carry out the Primary put "another four years" in jeopardy by proping up an unexperienced candidate like Obama. Gore, Kerry, Edwards, Hillary Clinton don't get to the presidency but I MUST vote for Obama because I'm afraid of the Republicans? No.

That's why I bring up the point of severity on this issue. I've seen the Presidential Seal altered and used in so many ways that seeing this doesn't phase me at all. In the end, I still think Obama is the better choice than McCain. A part of me wishes that it was Clinton in the final stage, but having Obama is a great consolation prize.

Obama is not a great consolation prize to me. And due to Obama's political leadership inadequacies and the unfairness in the Primary I don't feel that he deserves my vote.

So Trinity, do you think Sen. Clinton should turn down any offers to pay off her campaign debt by such an unscrupulous, lawbreaking (as you seem to believe) scoundrel?

If she doesn't won't she be soiled by association?

Hillary Clinton should do whatever Hillary Clinton thinks is best and wishes to do. I do not believe Hillary endorsing Obama or taking assistance to retire her primary campaign debt is a negative.

Who determines the likeness or substantial part thereof? Seems a little ambiguous to me. You're desperate, it shows, and its funny as hell. Keep posting.

Wtf happened to JUST SAY NO DEAL? LMAO That didn't even last 15 minutes did it?

There is no desperation here. Someone posted that his seal wasn't identical. The law is clear and I responded. And its not about arresting or fining Obama. Obama mocking up the Presidential seal was extremely revealing and people saw it for what it was.

Just Say No Deal and PUMA are still going Strong. It is about more than a candidate. It is about changes that need to be made and electing the best Candidate.

New Campaigns: DNC Boycott & I Own My Vote

Boycott the DNC

I Own My Vote
[SIZE=+1]Preamble[/SIZE]

[URL]http://noquarterusa.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/sign-160x240.gif
[/URL]When you read the I Own My Vote Pledge, keep in mind that the demands it contains are not admissions of defeat, nor are they conditions precedent to your vote. Hillary’s campaign is only suspended, not ended. And only you can decide when your vote has been earned. Whether you are a PUMA activist, a WomenCountPAC donor, a Just Say No Deal blogger, a Clinton Democrat for McCain, a yellow dog Democrat for VoteBoth, or simply a Hillary Clinton supporter who feels like the Party leaders and their presumptive nominee are ignoring everything that you value, the most powerful statement you can make right now is that YOU OWN YOUR VOTE. Only in finding that common ground will we be counted, for only in that common ground will we be able to count ourselves.
On Saturday, June 7, 2008, Hillary Clinton suspended her historic campaign for President. To her 18 million voters, it may have seemed like an end, but I pledge to make it a beginning … a beginning of a movement to achieve the democratic and just country that Hillary has envisioned for America.

I stand together with Hillary Clinton’s 18 million voters to demand that Senator Obama and the Democratic Party:
  • Bring us together by seating 100% of the Florida and Michigan delegations in Denver with 100% of their votes, allocated in accordance with the popular vote of each state.
  • Bring us together by adopting policies on the Platform Committee that Hillary Clinton has championed.
  • Bring us together through reform of the primary and caucus system to reflect the basic principle of one person/one vote.
  • Bring us together through outspoken denunciation of all gender bias, racism and other forms of discrimination.
  • Bring us together by fairly and respectfully including Hillary and her supporters at the Democratic National Convention in Denver by, among other things, placing her name in nomination for President, conducting a roll call vote, and providing her a prominent speaking role during prime time on August 26th, the 88th anniversary of women’s suffrage.
I own my vote. It does not belong to any party. It does not belong to any candidate. It does not belong to any mob that would impose its will on me. Only I can decide how to use my vote, and I can decide based on any criteria I choose. Therefore I pledge not to give my vote to anyone who does not earn it.
Click here to sign the pledge: http://iownmyvote.com/

Last edited:

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Every time I read this thread (3 times now), I keep asking myself, "Where's the story?" Next thing you know, someone will produce a picture of Obama in briefs when he's on record as wearing boxers. Omg... imagine the frenzy!

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ugh. Again I say, BY ALL MEANS let's put McCain in the White House. After all, the last eight years have gone SO WELL, that we DEFINITELY want to do it AGAIN, right? Any other answer just doesn't make sense.

Welp, folks like Trinity and her more than 250 like-minded PUMAs, are working hard on that. In fact, McCain met with Just Say No Deal last weekend... a whole 75 people were there! =)

I'll be so glad when November comes and goes. =)

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Every time I read this thread (3 times now), I keep asking myself, "Where's the story?" Next thing you know, someone will produce a picture of Obama in briefs when he's on record as wearing boxers. Omg... imagine the frenzy!

That will of course mean he's entirely untrustworthy because he was dishonest about his undergarments.

And shame on you for getting me all hot and bothered, picturing Obama in his drawers.