Obama's Secret Nod to Muslims

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's right... blame the educated, or those that openly seek knowledge, for the problems of society. :rolleyes:
The ignorant and the weak always do.

Anyways, getting back to the topic is probably in order. let the trolls troll... It appears the mods are actually willing to do something about it nowadays, which means there's no need to waste time on them.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dont forget. College kids will run the country soon enough.

And they will continue along the same path as the generations before them -

liberal at a young age...when they get out and start working and understanding the world...they become more conservative, and the older you get [the more you keep putting IN to society, and the less you keep getting OUT of society] you will continue to move further right.

The same cycle repeats itself generation after generation.

Those that are in a position to get more OUT than they put IN, remain liberal forever. Why wouldn't they?

That is not so say that all liberals fit this image, but a large majority certainly do.

It isn't rocket science.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Older people tend to become conservative because after a certain age they would rather have things remain the same than change too radically. It's purely ideological at best.

It has nothing to do with whether or not someone thinks Obama is a Muslim. :rolleyes:

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was a Republican until the Reagan administration. I left when it became clear that the Christofascists were taking over the party...something that continues to this very day.

If anything, the more whacked-out the Reich wing becomes, the further left I seem...even if I haven't changed much at all.

All a matter of perspective.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't remember stipulating that they are fully responsible for the problems of society.

But you hinted at it and that's very telling.
Especially when you consider how much support Obama received by young people with college educations.

The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, star. :rolleyes:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Older people tend to become conservative because after a certain age they would rather have things remain the same than change too radically. It's purely ideological at best.

It has nothing to do with whether or not someone thinks Obama is a Muslim. :rolleyes:

No - that's not the reason.

The reason is because they see where their contributions (taxes) go year after year, and it becomes tiresome.

Further, they learn and begin to comprehend how the world works, and conservative values lend moreso to the continuation of growth and advancement of the country.

that is not to excuse outright greed and negligent activity (i.e. Bear Stearns, Countrywide, et al.) but most of the conservative principles are more beneficial to the health of the U.S.

And with experience and time you will come to understand that.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was a Republican until the Reagan administration. I left when it became clear that the Christofascists were taking over the party...something that continues to this very day.

If anything, the more whacked-out the Reich wing becomes, the further left I seem...even if I haven't changed much at all.

All a matter of perspective.

That is an interesting era to which one might have left the republican party. An unbelievably successful 8 year term.

I am entirely and wholeheartedly anti-religion. You don't need to be Christian to belong to the republican party.

Again, that is parallel to suggesting that you must be on welfare to belong to the Democratic Party.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The reason is because they see where their contributions (taxes) go year after year, and it becomes tiresome.

Further, they learn and begin to comprehend how the world works, and conservative values lend moreso to the continuation of growth and advancement of the country.

that is not to excuse outright greed and negligent activity (i.e. Bear Stearns, Countrywide, et al.) but most of the conservative principles are more beneficial to the health of the U.S.

oh man, now you're digging yourself into a deepening hole.... *Steps back from the crumbling walls*

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And they will continue along the same path as the generations before them -

liberal at a young age...when they get out and start working and understanding the world...they become more conservative, and the older you get [the more you keep putting IN to society, and the less you keep getting OUT of society] you will continue to move further right.

The same cycle repeats itself generation after generation.

Those that are in a position to get more OUT than they put IN, remain liberal forever. Why wouldn't they?

That is not so say that all liberals fit this image, but a large majority certainly do.

It isn't rocket science.
I've attempted numerous times to get the bolded portions above, across to the young whippersnappers. They cannot bring themselves to believe this. Since people first began, this has been the case. This is similar to many of those who are now the Tea Party people who were flower children and hippies when they were younger. They too believed that war was always bad and that the likes of Nixon and the Republicans were evil.

Those who started up things like Studio54 went on to be stiff backed, starched shirt conservatives. By and large, the ones who went to DC to watch Abbie Hoffman and others levitate the Pentagon, and stuffed flowers in to the tips of Guardsmen's rifles, can now be found schmoozing with the UCCs (upper crust conservatives) and supportive of the Arizona law (as long as they can keep their illegal maid and gardener) and supportive of offshore drilling (provided the costs for any cleanups come from cutting monies given to sports programs for the youth and to decrease monies given to the poor). The sit-in protestors of Columbia University in the 60s are the ones who advocate the school expulsion of current students these days who attempt a similar approach (as happened at NYU a year or 2 back). The libs mainly move right. Of course, it should also be noted that there are conservatives who edge left (although rarely as far a move as the leftists make).

Don't sweat it.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^Even if that were objectively true, the problem for conservatives is, the elderly are always vastly outnumbered by the young.

kc2007

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Wow, is there no sanctuary from these people. What the F are you doing on a big penis, liberal, openly gay-leaning, web-site spouting off about "conservative values"? Aren't there other sites for you to propagate this crap? If our country were made up of strictly "conservative values" and this right wing mentality, it would be the worst place on the face of the earth.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
^Even if that were objectively true, the problem for conservatives is, the elderly are always vastly outnumbered by the young.

Keep believing that, you'll be sorry. If what you said was true, there would not be such concern regarding the Social Security crisis looming on the horizon as the baby boomers hit the big 65+, depending on a smaller number to keep them financially afloat. The numbers of those over 60 are growing. Life spans are getting ever longer.

Not to mention the sad truth that many young people, fail to vote, some vote the first time-age 18 or the first chance at a Presidential election, then don't return until they're past 40 and their interests and views have substantially changed.

Add to this, many young voters, are registering their vote and behaviors against their parents (even when mommy and daddy are still paying their liiving expenses and education expenses).

People change as they age. Life experience shows that the happy sappy yappy dappy naive ways of youth, don't cut it in the real world. Living on a commune has benefits; but, how exactly are the tax bills and the water bills to be settled? It takes more than growing crops for low cost sale in town, and the selling of hand crafted garments is offset by the costs of materials for construction of said garments. A 20 year old rarely comprehends this, a 50 year old does (which would account for the small number of people past 40 on communes).

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yet Obama won and got far and away the least proportion of votes from old folks that any President has gotten in a looong while...:shrug:

me thinks you're not as relevant anymore as you wish you were.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, is there no sanctuary from these people. What the F are you doing on a big penis, liberal, openly gay-leaning, web-site spouting off about "conservative values"? Aren't there other sites for you to propagate this crap? If our country were made up of strictly "conservative values" and this right wing mentality, it would be the worst place on the face of the earth.

Please submit your request to the mods to change the name of this forum to:

"Liberal, openly-gay, penis related politics forum"

When that occurs, perhaps you will see only that which you embrace and can sing in harmony with your peers and not be asked to consider something that is not perfectly aligned with your beliefs.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You most certainly do if you don't want to be castigated on a daily basis. Trust me... been there, done that!

who in the world were you hanging out with in the republican party? I go to events, fundraisers, meetings and never once have I been confronted or scorned because I am not religious.

You guys get way too wound up about the Tea Party and those ridiculous signs from the fringe.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^Dude, you really don't know about the booming business of fundie whacko churches in Tampa, do you?

The church of Scientology has its world HQ here for starters.

Please submit your request to the mods to change the name of this forum to:

"Liberal, openly-gay, penis related politics forum"

When that occurs, perhaps you will see only that which you embrace and can sing in harmony with your peers and not be asked to consider something that is not perfectly aligned with your beliefs.
lol... +1 for the star guy.