Obama's Secret Nod to Muslims

conntom

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I were the Feds, I would tell them they have finally gotten their wish and to go talk to BP if they need "help".

I still firmly believe that states which went on the record opposing stimulus should have gotten NOTHING.

The stimulus was a joke. Bail outs were a joke.

Really, what has either done except cost us money we did not have and/or reward bad behavior?

D

deleted15807

Really, what has either done except cost us money we did not have and/or reward bad behavior?

You just don't get it. It is like talking to a wall.

lololol

Is that surprise? Governments around the world stepped in to save the financial institutions. Once the Bush Administration let Lehman Brother's go all hell broke loose. See how well that worked out. This is NOT to say governments were not to blame, they should have never let them get so big. If you are too big to fail your are too big to exist. Isn't it fascinating? Only governments should be 'too big to fail'.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Yes, the government serves a role.... Which is defined by us when we step into the voting booth.

I love it when conservatives pretend that our government was made to be rigid and inflexible, when that couldn't possibly be further from the truth. What, did you people drop out of school before you even got to 7th grade history?

well to be honest school dosn't exist to educate it's there to brainwash
you can surely remember being 'taught' something one year only to the next year be told it was not actually the way it happened...

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If I were the Feds, I would tell them they have finally gotten their wish and to go talk to BP if they need "help".

I still firmly believe that states which went on the record opposing stimulus should have gotten NOTHING.

Although I understand your point, selectively opposing funds from specific states might be illegal. Also, it would hurt the people in those states who favored the stimulus package.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Decided to look up a few of these just to see what's what. I couldn't find Olbermann's, or really any specific show's, demographics. I was a little surprised to find out what the average viewer age of Fox News is, though.

Pensito Review Median Age of Fox News Viewers is 65 – Average Dittohead Is a 67 Year Old Man

I've been trying to tell people here that for quite some time. When you break down the population statistics, roughly a net difference of 6-8 million voters will exist in Obama's favor by 2012, just from natural attrition losses. This means that McCain voters will die off fast enough to essentially hand Obama several million 'free' votes in 2012, just because the people most inclined to vote for a conservative candidate will be dead by then. And that takes into account the fact that younger voters will age. (and the children who will become voters)

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Please tell us how many credits you have in economics.

My degree is in business administration. I also have the equivalent of a minor in economics because I took so many electives in economics. Under the Keynesian theory of economics, which is widely accepted and which I understand, the economy can be boosted via deficit spending and increasing the money supply, which is exactly what has been done.

Japan had a sluggish economy for about ten years. It finally recovered when deficit spending accompanied with an increased money supply was used to stimulate it. Although that is not absolute proof that Japan's economy recovered because of monetary and fiscal policy, the evidence strongly suggested that the method worked. Because economics is not an exact science (there are too many variables to make total understanding possible), we can rarely be certain of anything, but it would make no sense to ignore the evidence.

Obviously there is a down side because when the national debt is high, it costs money to pay the interest. So, the debt should be reduced as quickly as possible without endangering the recovery.

Although I would agree that to a certain degree bad behavior was rewarded, what would you do? Sacrifice the entire economy and make millions of people suffer to punish a low percentage of people who behaved badly? That would make no sense.

Let us find ways to prevent the the abuses which caused this severe recession.

Last edited: