Obama's speech laden with lies and propoganda

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RAW DATA: Text of President Obama's Speech on National Security - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

This guy is such a liar it is almost unbearable.

How in Sam Hell do you suggest that Gitmo is a recruiting tool for terrorists?

I can't believe some of you people buy the bullshit this fucker is selling.

So, young lad...join our terrorist group...there is a chance you will be tortured mercilessly at Guantanamo for years without a trial

'sign me up!'

what utter fucking bullshit.

This asshole is a lying, conniving complete prick.

B_Mister Buildington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
He may be putting a certain spin on things, but whatever. He's just trying to give the USA more credibility, and to make the populace at large feel good about being Americans. Nothing wrong with that.

He's pretty much keeping Bush's policies, but putting in in a friendlier package with good PR. This isn't bad. He'll keep America safe, but make us seem like less of a boogyman.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He may be putting a certain spin on things, but whatever. He's just trying to give the USA more credibility, and to make the populace at large feel good about being Americans. Nothing wrong with that.

He's pretty much keeping Bush's policies, but putting in in a friendlier package with good PR. This isn't bad. He'll keep America safe, but make us seem like less of a boogyman.

Gawd, Buildy...that's like saying Hurricane Katrina was a 'wind storm'

mikeyh9in

Cherished Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
StarInvestor, I urge you to read the book Blowback and try to understand how America is seen from outside of America -- not filtered through FoxNews. (Amazon.com: Blowback, Second Edition: The Costs and Consequences of American Empire (American Empire Project): Chalmers Johnson: Books)

So you are saying that when an American soldier gets his head cut off by Islamic fundamentalist, it has no affect on Americans?

Don't you think that Terror cells all across the world are pointing at Gitmo and saying "Americans are capturing and torturing innocent Muslims, you need to join our cause and help fight these monsters"?

Remember that we are the ones calling them terrorists ... they do not recruit to be a "terrorist", they recruit to join a force to fight the ugly Americans that do so many horrible things in the world (with photographic evidence and the standing pillar of Gitmo).

How can you say the Gitmo is *not* a recruiting tool?

RAW DATA: Text of President Obama's Speech on National Security - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

This guy is such a liar it is almost unbearable.

How in Sam Hell do you suggest that Gitmo is a recruiting tool for terrorists?

So, young lad...join our terrorist group...there is a chance you will be tortured mercilessly at Guantanamo for years without a trial

'sign me up!'

what utter fucking bullshit.

B_4inches

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You all really need to stop taking Star at his word. He horribly abstracted Obama's point in order to sound inflamatory. No matter where you fall on the idealogical spectrum it isn't craziness or lying to say that terrorist groups would use some of these things we've done to get people to sympathise with them. They're gonna use something and the most extreme things are going be the most useful. Duh. Violence is polarizing and that fact has nothing to do with political parties. Star knows this so he really isn't outraged at all so stop taking him at his word, his motives are ulterior.

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
StarInvestor, I urge you to read the book Blowback and try to understand how America is seen from outside of America -- not filtered through FoxNews. (Amazon.com: Blowback, Second Edition: The Costs and Consequences of American Empire (American Empire Project): Chalmers Johnson: Books)

So you are saying that when an American soldier gets his head cut off by Islamic fundamentalist, it has no affect on Americans?

Don't you think that Terror cells all across the world are pointing at Gitmo and saying "Americans are capturing and torturing innocent Muslims, you need to join our cause and help fight these monsters"?

Remember that we are the ones calling them terrorists ... they do not recruit to be a "terrorist", they recruit to join a force to fight the ugly Americans that do so many horrible things in the world (with photographic evidence and the standing pillar of Gitmo).

How can you say the Gitmo is *not* a recruiting tool?

This is completely false. Gitmo is not a recruiting strategy. Take a look at this study on recruitment of terrorists:

http://www.rand.org/pubs/reprints/2006/RAND_RP1214.pdf

Obama is simply shoveling more bullshit to push his self-serving agenda and the drones are eating it up by the mouthful.

mikeyh9in

Cherished Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Star... Did *you* not read the Rand study??? If you did, please quote me the line that states that "Gitmo is not used as a recruiting tool" because I missed it. In reading the study, it supports my argument very well.

This is completely false. Gitmo is not a recruiting strategy. Take a look at this study on recruitment of terrorists:

http://www.rand.org/pubs/reprints/2006/RAND_RP1214.pdf

Obama is simply shoveling more bullshit to push his self-serving agenda and the drones are eating it up by the mouthful.

D

deleted15807

More Faux News from Star who must have very little time to invest :smile:

Star... Did *you* not read the Rand study??? If you did, please quote me the line that states that "Gitmo is not used as a recruiting tool" because I missed it. In reading the study, it supports my argument very well.

Yeah, the paper doesn't say anything about what is said, just how the recruitment messages are disseminated amongst various groups and the type of people who respond to the messages.

A former interrogator however, says something different:

A Pentagon report that 61 former inmates from Guantanamo Bay have "returned to the battlefield" doesn't seem to be scaring anyone. Matthew Alexander, a former senior interrogator in Iraq, told Keith Olbermann last night on MSNBC's Countdown that Guantanamo Bay is a persuasive argument for al-Qaeda in recruitment of fighters in Iraq.

Matthew Alexander led the team of interrogators who found Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in August 2006. Since returning from Iraq, he has been outspoken about the tactics that the US military uses to interrogate prisoners. His book, How to Break A Terrorist, outlines his experience with the "deeply flawed, ineffective, un-American way the US military conducts interrogations in Iraq."
You can watch the video of the MSNBC video at The Raw Story.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

well a lot of people sure did buy into your Ole pal bush for 8 yrs.:wink:

oh you mean sort of like bush an Chaney an A few other republicans did that were in power during the past 8 yrs, :wink:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No. Its worse.

For you, obviously. I'm having a GRAND time!
Sucks to be you, I guess... but we already knew this. :rolleyes:

A spineless president is worse than a dumb president.
I'd much rather have someone who uses their brain and moves with caution, than someone who talks to God and reacts without thinking at all. So sorry that you want to put the ability to think on trial here, but I tend not to agree with ANYONE who basks in blatant stupidity.

D

deleted136887

And here I was thinking to myself: "Wonder what happened to all those right-wing, Bush-loving posters? Did they all get jobs on FOX , did they decide to acknowledge the fact that in a few short months the USA has changed it's image RADICALLY in the world outside the US ( and there is a world outside , and it matters greatly) without realy changing any major polocies. When one sees Obama on TV, most people sort of listens to what he has to say. The man actually appears to have a brain, and is capable of using it. Opposed to when Bush was seen on TV, most people would burst out laughing, make disparaging comments, get pissed off re his patent lying/BS/macho bravado (Bring it on!!! The War is over!!! etc etc)
So for me as a non-American, Obama seems like a better choice.