Obamas wife at church pulpit talking about whitey...

LongRod

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Larry Johnson over at NoQuarterUSA.net is reporting that GOP opposition researchers, who have had the unenviable task of watching 17 years' worth of sermons at Trinity United Church of Christ (looking for appearances by Barack and Michelle Obama), have found video of Michelle Obama, in Rev. Jeremiah Wright's church, "railing against Whitey". UPDATE: Johnson has now confirmed this video's existence with three sources in the GOP.

Perhaps the Obama camp, researched this over the past 2 weeks, did their private polling, think tank, advisory blah blah blah... and interestingly Obama just pulled out of the Trinity church this weekend after 20 years. Something fishy is going on here... he should be a man of conviction and just NOW the heat in the Trinty Kitchen is getting too hot. (scratches chin) Looks like damage control to me.

Even more than damage control, he is preparing to move to Washington DC for the next 8 years. He'll be worhipping in DC, Rev. Wright is preparing to retire, so it's convenient to leave Trinity Church and move on with his life.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Even more than damage control, he is preparing to move to Washington DC for the next 8 years. He'll be worhipping in DC, Rev. Wright is preparing to retire, so it's convenient to leave Trinity Church and move on with his life.

Wow... he would throw away his roots? his hood?! I hope you are wrong. Regardless, of whom is in office. I admire someone more for staying true, vs what's good for popular opinion (i.e. just win a vote).

"Move on with his life"???? Laughable....

Actually I think/know you are wrong. He knows this is going to rear it's ugly head come the summertime, and this was a near-perfect exit strategy to look no longer affiliated with it. Horseshit, I say... this CAN'T be the straw that broke the camel's back. He's in the "do anything to win" mode. I don't blame him, but let's call a spade a spade here (and fuck any of you... it's a common analogy I use regularly, not a racist comment).

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Wow Trinity.... "impotent".

For 3 years I expected Hillary to landslide the Dem nomination. Some no name very junior African American with the most liberal voting record has not only been the fly in the ointment, but he's going to beat her.

Ummm, sweetcheeks, he is anything but political impotent. I think some of it is luck, and empty rhetoric (e.g. "change" and "hope"). But I have to call it like I see it.

Also, nice avatar... but I see some folly in assuming Hillary will take Florida and Ohio vs McCain. Additionally, we still have 4 more months.

Also2, I see/hear/know of more Obama fans (and that's REALLY what they are... one sliver above Miley Cyrus fanaticism from a 13 year old...digressing) that say they won't vote, or vote for McCain if Hillary gets the nod, versus the other way around... and I'm talking across the board.

Don't get me wrong... I love seeing her fail, as this was her end game... she hasn't had a reality check since Wellesley. This is going to be good.

Obama will be a 4 years and out anyways, so she won't take the Veep position anyways.

Obama has definitely been politically impotent. 4 times he had a chance to close the deal and end it against Sen. Clinton and always came up short. We are at the final primaries now and she will end the Primary season strong...beating him badly in Puerto Rico and closing strong. If Mr. Obama was what he claims to be he'd be showing stronger than he is at this late stage.

You are right on the little known Senator from Illinois coming out and turning the campaign on its ear. I believe it has to do with some people who want to...to their own folly go with inspirational speeches over substance rather than Obama being a more qualified candidate.

The electoral map shows Clinton has a better chance of beating McCain. I posted where Clinton leads in the swing states. The map is just a projection...we do indeed have many more months to go.

Yeah, yeah...now you conservatives start your mess. You just can't wait to get Obama, I know. Now its Obama fans who won't vote for Hillary if she gets the nomination when, most of the polling showed just the opposite. At least hold your cards close to your chest. Whatever FaceKing, worry about your old geezer and whether he can keep the Iraq facts straight and leave our candidates to us.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have noticed one thing over the last 2 days... the closer Clinton supporters get to realizing they've lost, the more scorned they feel. Whats the saying? "Reality bites". I've also noticed that the overwhelming majority of them are women (take that for what its worth).

Just remember, when you Clinton supporters cast your vote for McCain in November, this is what you are attempting to flushing away:

1. Universal Health care
2. End to the war in Iraq, Afghanistan
3. Preventing a war in Iran
4. Economic recovery
5. Resolution to the gas crisis
6. Lower taxes (taxes will have to rise to fight all of these wars)
7. and more...

All for what? Because your girl didn't win the nomination? You're mad that 50% of the democratic party didn't vote for her? For either Obama or Clinton supporters to vote for McCain because their candidate didn't win, is irresponsible, dangerous and simply, not democratic.

By the way, Obama picked up 4 more supers today; Hillary 0. Although, they were all from MI, which mean they're good for 1/2 votes each. The irony...

D

deleted15807

Just remember, when you Clinton supporters cast your vote for McCain in November, this is what you are attempting to flushing away:

1. Universal Health care
4. Economic recovery
7. and more...

My goodness you mean there are actual ISSUES to discuss?

I think we should just go to Hollywood for the next president. Bush and Reagan had that hometown cowboy image that Americans loved more than paying actual attention to what 'small government' meant, what 'tort reform' meant, what 'regulatory relief' meant, all those things they didn't want to bother caring about. And still don't know those policies were meant to benefit the few and line the pockets of the rich. All the key policies embraced by Reagan and Bush AND the 'maverick' John McCain.

Last edited by a moderator:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have noticed one thing over the last 2 days... the closer Clinton supporters get to realizing they've lost, the more scorned they feel. Whats the saying? "Reality bites". I've also noticed that the overwhelming majority of them are women (take that for what its worth).

1. Universal Health care
4. Economic recovery
7. and more...

All for what? Because your girl didn't win the nomination? You're mad that 50% of the democratic party didn't vote for her? For either Obama or Clinton supporters to vote for McCain because their candidate didn't win, is irresponsible, dangerous and simply, not democratic.

The reason why some Democrats are thinking about voting McCain over Obama goes FAR beyond "who won" and "who lost". They feel unwelcome in their own party. They feel as if their voice doesn't mean a thing. And considering some of the actions of extreme Obama supporters on this very board I can understand why. If her campaign is already dead, then why continue to throw harpoons at the corpse?

By the way, Obama picked up 4 more supers today; Hillary 0. Although, they were all from MI, which mean they're good for 1/2 votes each. The irony...

Case in point... :rolleyes:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

1. Universal Health care
4. Economic recovery
7. and more...

1. Universal Health care - thank god... because the government can handle your mail or social security efficiently, what on god's green earth makes you think they can handle health care. no thanks, i'll take private insurance.
2. End to the war in Iraq, Afghanistan - so be it. but curious who we are at war with? just want to see what/whom you think... humor me here.
3. Preventing a war in Iran - prevent war in Iran, noone has said they'll go to war with Iran... but I'll agree here
4. Economic recovery - says who? you are a bit niave to think a president has THAT much control over the economy. seriously, then HOW is Obama, or any candidate going to create recovery. and
5. Resolution to the gas crisis- you IDIOT... sorry to pull that. what has Obama or Hillary or Bush, or ANYONE ever said they will do to find a resolution. Sue OPEC? Laughable. You are niave... NIAVE to think the gov't can solve this. The ONLY way to make a dent is to remove some of the gas tax (which isn't much), or drill locally (which Barry would NEVER do)... so what's he going to do.. "reach across the aisle".

wow... I harken Obama fans to Miley Cyrus 13 yr old fans as a joke.. but you , among others are just buying this "change and hope" hook line and sinker, and have ZERO... NOTHING from factual evidence on what he's going to do. What is his plan to lower gas prices?
6. Lower taxes (taxes will have to rise to fight all of these wars) - he's the only of the 3 who has clearly, but indirectly stated he's going to raise taxes. Find me one "war tax"....
7. and more... Notaguru... I'm sure you are a guru of something, so I'm DYING to see how Barry is going to cure cancer, much less the common cold as well.

Don't mind someone's opinion... JUST FUCKING BE SMART AND REALISTIC about it. Seriously.

D

deleted15807

1. Universal Health care - thank god... because the government can handle your mail or social security efficiently, what on god's green earth makes you think they can handle health care. no thanks, i'll take private insurance.

Funny thing though senior citizens apparently LOVE Medicare. It's known as the third rail. You touch it and you die. So you can bash all those giant social programs you want....they cannot be killed. Why? Obvious....people like them.

D_Cyprius Slapwilly

Experimental Member
Media
Perhaps... but this is politics (and the worse part of politics) ... a political campaign. I believe about 25% of what really comes out of all 3 candidates mouths at this point.

It's "throw morals out the window, do/say anything, moreover the right thing to win" about 75% of the time. Sorry, I may seem a bit jaded, but it's IMHO.
Here's one point where you and I can at least come to an agreement. I'm just as ardent of an Obama supporter as anyone, but I'm not so naive as to believe that he's above being a politician. On the contrary, he beat Hillary Clinton because he did the politicking better than she did. They're all politicians, and they're all going to sacrifice a lot to get elected.

D

deleted15807

Obama refuses to say whether he has ever been a drug dealer.

We know we know you are a Hillary supporter but this is another slime attempt. I wouldn't answer the question either. Even if he did so what? It's not what you WERE it's what you learned and BECAME.

If you want a deity go to church.

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
What's so propaganda-filled about my avatar? It is every mans right to decide whether or not he wants to salute the flag during the pledge.

And Sargon, I am not a Hillary supporter. I plan to vote for McCain (more often referred to as "McSame" around here, if you are confused), even though I don't really want to. He's just a lesser of two evils for me.

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

The reason why some Democrats are thinking about voting McCain over Obama goes FAR beyond "who won" and "who lost". They feel unwelcome in their own party. They feel as if their voice doesn't mean a thing. :rolleyes:

That's just childish. What about the millions and millions who voted for John Kerry? What about the WORLD who was OVERWHELMINGLY for John Kerry in 2004? Hundreds of millions were for John Kerry but they LOST to 51 million. But you move on.

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Sargon-
"If you want a deity go to church."

And I go to church to hear about how I've been screwed by the man, and how horrible America is- not for deities!

D

deleted15807

What's so propaganda-filled about my avatar? It is every mans right to decide whether or not he wants to salute the flag during the pledge.

And Sargon, I am not a Hillary supporter. I plan to vote for McCain (more often referred to as "McSame" around here, if you are confused), even though I don't really want to. He's just a lesser of two evils for me.

If you like Bush you will LOVE McCain. Good for you. But deal with REAL issues not phony issues generated by the corrupt corporate American media. Drug dealing, saluting the flag are just phony issues that have nothing to do with governance. The neos know the only issue they can 'generate' is are character issues since everyone knows Bush/neo policies are a complete failures.

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Woah, woah, woah. Phony issues? If things like that are "phony", what's "real" about the difference between Billary and B. Hussein? Aren't their policies almost identical?

D

deleted15807

Woah, woah, woah. Phony issues? If things like that are "phony", what's "real" about the difference between Billary and B. Hussein? Aren't their policies almost identical?

is being supposedly a drug dealer seriously a REAL issue for this country and Obama?

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Cyprius Slapwilly

Experimental Member
Media

No. It was during the National Anthem, not the pledge. Second, there are several other videos of him putting his hand over his heart during the Anthem. I know I haven't always put my hand over my heart at every baseball game, so am I un-American now?

It's propaganda because, like most political discourse in this country, it has nothing to do with real issues facing the president, and is thereby nothing more than a distraction. If you disagree with Obama, fine. But making statements like "he refused to say he was never a drug dealer!" (when there is no evidence to suggest he was) and promoting a dumb conspiracy over his hand being over his heart instead of debating real issues - that is why we're so dumb as a country, and you're only making things worse.