Obamas wife at church pulpit talking about whitey...

D

deleted15807

Why won't McCain answer the TRUTH? Is he insane from his Vietnam experience? Is his black child from a prostitute he got pregnant?

Bush Waged Nasty Smear Campaign Against McCain in 2000
Bush Supporters Called McCain “The Fag Candidate.” In South Carolina, Bush supporters circulated church fliers that labeled McCain “the fag candidate.” Columnist Frank Rich noted that the fliers were distributed “even as Bush subtly reinforced that message by indicating he wouldn’t hire openly gay people for his administration.”

McCain Slurs Included Illegitimate Children, Homosexuality And A Drug-Addict Wife.
Among the rumors circulated against McCain in 2000 in South Carolina was that his adopted Bangladeshi daughter was actually black, that McCain was both gay and cheated on his wife, and that his wife Cindy was a drug addict.”

Bush Campaign Used Code Words to Question McCain’s Temper.

“A smear campaign of the ugliest sort is now coursing through the contest for the presidency in 2000. Using the code word "temper," a group of Senate Republicans, and at least some outriders of the George W. Bush campaign, are spreading the word that John McCain is unstable. The subtext, also suggested in this whispering campaign, is that he returned from 5 1/2 years as a POW in North Vietnam with a loose screw. And it is bruited about that he shouldn't be entrusted with nuclear weapons.”

Bush Supporters Questioned McCain’s Sanity.
“Some of George W. Bush's supporters have questioned Republican presidential candidate John McCain's fitness for the White House, suggesting that his five years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam drove him insane at the time.”

Bush Supporters Spread Racist Rumors About McCain’s Daughter.

Bush supporters in South Carolina made race-baiting phone calls saying that McCain had a “black child.” The McCains’ daughter, Bridget, was adopted from Mother Teresa’s orphanage in Bangladesh. In August 2000, columnist Maureen Dowd wrote that the McCains “are still seething about Bush supporters in South Carolina spreading word of their dark-skinned adopted daughter.”

Rove Suggests Former POW McCain Committed Treason and Fathered Child With Black Prostitute.
In 2000, McCain operatives in SC accused Rove of spreading rumors against McCain, such as “suggestions that McCain had committed treason while a prisoner of war, and had fathered a child by a black prostitute,” according to the New Yorker.

http://www.lpsg.org/90198-obamas-wife-church-pulpit-talking-4.html#post1521915

Last edited by a moderator:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That's just childish. What about the millions and millions who voted for John Kerry? What about the WORLD who was OVERWHELMINGLY for John Kerry in 2004? Hundreds of millions were for John Kerry but they LOST to 51 million. But you move on.

Even if you think it's childish, that's what they feel. Imagine if you were a Democrat who backed Gore in 2000, Kerry in 2004 AND now Clinton in 2008. That's 12 years of watching your hopes and dreams go down in flames. You think a person in dire situations, who feel as if they only have their one vote to hopefully move to a better future, would be foolish for feeling not wanted in their own party if they had this kind of track record?

I'm not here to judge how some disgruntled Democrats should feel. But even as a Clinton supporter who adamantly stated he would support Obama if he won the nomination, I got more than my share of snickers, backhanded slaps and insults from people here. They've had no problem telling me over the last few months that I must have drank at least 1,000 gallons of that Kool-Aid, nevermind the constant belittling from fairweather independents who think I'm blindly voting Democrat. And on what basis? Because I chose to judge all the candidates solely based on their views on the issues, instead of choosing the one who had less trivial baggage or was less of a bitch in public?

Yeah... I can definitely see why some Clinton supporters feel a little angry right now. And it's going to take a lot more than just telling some of these people to get over it and "move on".

But back on topic... unless we can see a video about it, then we shouldn't even be obsessed about it. And even if she did, then so what? I'm sure there's a lot worse things she could have said.

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

Even if you think it's childish, that's what they feel. Imagine if you were a Democrat who backed Gore in 2000, Kerry in 2004 AND now Clinton in 2008. That's 12 years of watching your hopes and dreams go down in flames. You think a person in dire situations, who feel as if they only have their one vote to hopefully move to a better future, would be foolish for feeling not wanted in their own party if they had this kind of track record?

You grouped Gore, Kerry and Clinton together as if Clinton was the nominee as the others were. That's not exactly a valid comparison.

Hope and dreams shouldn't be tied to one candidate but rather what they hope to accomplish. I at ONE TIME thought politicians voted their
[SIZE=-1]conscious[/SIZE] but the Bush years have blown that idea away. The Republicans had ruthless unsailable power because they ALL voted together. So when I walk into a voting both I hit all 'D's. And I don't give a fuck who they are as long as it's not one single vote for then speaker of the house Tom Delay to count on. to deliver to Bush. And the same holds today. The democrats still do not have enough votes to override a veto. As a columnist wrote "The fact is that this is a one-letter election. D or R, that’s all that matters. It’s hard to think of an election in which the personal qualities of the people running in a given district or state have mattered less."

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

You grouped Gore, Kerry and Clinton together as if Clinton was the nominee as the others were. That's not exactly a valid comparison.

Me thinks you're overanalyzing it. I wasn't trying to group them all as presidential nominees. I'm a person who voted for Gore, and watched him lose. Then voted for Kerry and watched him lose. Now I voted for Clinton and she's also losing before we even get to the main event. From my standpoint, I'm 0-3 for trying to get who I really want in office. And I'm sure there's plenty of others who fall under the same category.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah... I can definitely see why some Clinton supporters feel a little angry right now. And it's going to take a lot more than just telling some of these people to get over it and "move on".

What would make you as a Hillary supporter feel better about the situation?

How in can Obama make you feel better besides nominating Hillary as a V.P. which isn't gonna happen because she waged numerous malicious attacks and had noooo problem making Barack look as bad as she could.

What do you think can be done?

I'll tell ya what... NOTHING CAN BE DONE... Hillary's supporters will either get over it or they won't. Barack Obama did absolutely NOTHING to engender the kind of spite and hatred coming from Hillary's supporters.

They are blowing my mind... I had no idea there were so many imbalanced people who were Democrats... I thought that my party was a fairly stable bunch and would stand behind a leader that only comes along once in a lifetime.

I don't want the Clintons in the white house for 16 out of the last 24 years... that is fucking ridiculous, I can't even comprehend how the Hillary supporters think that it would be a good idea to have her in the white house again...

I hate my party now... I just plain hate this country.

Biggin'

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Hope and dreams shouldn't be tied to one candidate but rather what they hope to accomplish. I at ONE TIME thought politicians voted their
[SIZE=-1]conscious[/SIZE] but the Bush years have blown that idea away. The Republicans had ruthless unsailable power because they ALL voted together. So when I walk into a voting both I hit all 'D's. And I don't give a fuck who they are as long as it's not one single vote for then speaker of the house Tom Delay to count on. to deliver to Bush. And the same holds today. The democrats still do not have enough votes to override a veto. As a columnist wrote "The fact is that this is a one-letter election. D or R, that’s all that matters. It’s hard to think of an election in which the personal qualities of the people running in a given district or state have mattered less."

so it doesnt matter what their views are. thats great. keep voting and crawling back to the same people who promise the world (at others expense) "its so bad right now, vote for me, because you cant make it better yourself" and dont put up. The dem. party has come around to their true roots and have truely captured minorities in salvery with empty promises for 30 years (if things are that bad) , instead of contributing a philosophy of self reliance to help peoplke climb the ladder, they want them to hate peoplke who might have more than themselves. It makes me want to puke in my shoe.

D

deleted15807

so it doesnt matter what their views are. thats great. keep voting and crawling back to the same people who promise the world (at others expense) "its so bad right now, vote for me, because you cant make it better yourself" and dont put up. The dem. party has come around to their true roots and have truely captured minorities in salvery with empty promises for 30 years (if things are that bad) , instead of contributing a philosophy of self reliance to help peoplke climb the ladder, they want them to hate peoplke who might have more than themselves. It makes me want to puke in my shoe.

Oh 'self reliance' is that what's been happening the last 8 years. Please don't tell me that. Washington has been dolling out billions to millionaires with hats in hand. Corruption on unimaginable scales. Iraq was lost hanks to political hacks and cronies running the CPA in Iraq. Ever heard of Jack Abramoff or ever read 'Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expense (and Stick You with the Bill) by David Cay Johnson?' Yeah self reliance my ass. That makes me puke. You probably love it though.

so it doesnt matter what their views are. thats great.

You can thank Tom 'The Hammer' Delay for that. He is known as "The Hammer" for his enforcement of party discipline in close votes and his reputation for taking political retribution on opponents. So given this 'biggin' HOW does an individual's views matter? Tell me?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

I'm not here to judge how some disgruntled Democrats should feel. But even as a Clinton supporter who adamantly stated he would support Obama if he won the nomination, I got more than my share of snickers, backhanded slaps and insults from people here. They've had no problem telling me over the last few months that I must have drank at least 1,000 gallons of that Kool-Aid, nevermind the constant belittling from fairweather independents who think I'm blindly voting Democrat. And on what basis? Because I chose to judge all the candidates solely based on their views on the issues, instead of choosing the one who had less trivial baggage or was less of a bitch in public?

But back on topic... unless we can see a video about it, then we shouldn't even be obsessed about it. And even if she did, then so what? I'm sure there's a lot worse things she could have said.
I agree. Rhetoric as gotten very heated in this historic primary were the country is on the brink of making history. I have taken a fair amount of abuse as an Obama supporter and if truth be told, i may have doled out a fair amount of abuse to Clinton supporters. I was impressed with the actions of the clinton supporters on the rules and By-Laws committee. I think we should take our cue from them. Time to drop the rhetoric. hell, we're all on the same team. it's time to work to ensure the defeat of john Sidney Mccain.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What would make you as a Hillary supporter feel better about the situation?

How in can Obama make you feel better besides nominating Hillary as a V.P. which isn't gonna happen because she waged numerous malicious attacks and had noooo problem making Barack look as bad as she could.

What do you think can be done?

I'll tell ya what... NOTHING CAN BE DONE... Hillary's supporters will either get over it or they won't. Barack Obama did absolutely NOTHING to engender the kind of spite and hatred coming from Hillary's supporters.

They are blowing my mind... I had no idea there were so many imbalanced people who were Democrats... I thought that my party was a fairly stable bunch and would stand behind a leader that only comes along once in a lifetime.

I don't want the Clintons in the white house for 16 out of the last 24 years... that is fucking ridiculous, I can't even comprehend how the Hillary supporters think that it would be a good idea to have her in the white house again...

I hate my party now... I just plain hate this country.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying that I, personally, am bitter that Obama is winning. He is my second choice for president, so either way I'm getting someone that I support for the Democratic nomination.

A lot of people bring up how Hillary went on this highly negative campaign against Obama. To be honest, I don't see it. I expect candidates to go after each other on weaknesses in their campaign because that's politics as usual and both Obama and Clinton had their share of shouting matches. Remember this exchange of words, back when Edwards was still a candidate? YouTube - Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama Fight!!!!!!!

But nothing Clinton could have said or done is going to compare to what the RNC is going to say about Obama. I saw all the video outtakes where she mocks Obama's "Hope & Change" slogan, and where she states that he's having a problem winning over "uneducated, white voters". Yes, bad choices of words. But is this really the worst political maneuver of our time? Is she dragging his name in the mud like the Republicans did to Kerry in '04? Is she using fear tactics like Republicans did with the Gay Marriage Bills to push the buttons of homophobes to get them to the voting booths? I don't think so.

But to get back on point. There's looneys on the extreme sides of both parties. I try to look at every candidate with some level of scrutiny even if I do support them. That helps me to keep each candidate on a level playing field and I can judge accordingly. That also allows me to get through all of the verbal blunders and false issues that emerge.

As for Clintons in office for 16 years or longer? In some countries, certain families stay in office for decades or even centuries. Although it would look good to certain people if we didn't have anymore political dynasties in the main seat of Congress, I don't mind it at all. Term limits are in place to make sure that never happens. And I doubt we'll have a family in politics that can keep the Presidential seat on lockdown for that long of time.

And the reason why I voted and supported Clinton to begin with?
It goes back to her experience... and not just what we see on her resumé. We all talk about how we need something different in office that isn't typical politics. That's true. But that's not going to happen overnight or even during one presidential run. There's too many people in political power that block progress and change from happening. As much as you want a candidate who wants change, you also need someone that knows how to really play the political game to "convince" those who are against you to go to your side. As much as people hate Hillary, she does have the ability to pull strings when needed. Plus, her stance on the real issues are about the same as Obama's. It's this reasoning why I chose her over Obama. I know some people are going to say I'm crazy for believing this. But we all have our own reasons for doing what we do.

OK... and to try and make this post on topic.
Someone printed up a transcript on what Obama's wife said on a second thread about the topic. It's an issue about whether or not she said "Why'd he" or "Whitey". Either way, it's stupid.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
VinylBoy, you are too fucking cool man.

This ranting is the rant of the ill-informed right winger who gets all of his information from FOX, Hannity, Coulter, Matt Drudge or Rush.

You speak in elitist terms (you are dyslexic right?) yet you see, like a middle class person like th rest of us... the majority of your tax dollars go to the defense budget, not social programs for the underprivileged. What is your damn problem with helping the destitute and the unwanted? Of course, in your world, the underprivileged have the same chance to get ahead as the privileged do, which is utter nonsense. "The poor people are poor because they don't work as hard as you", I'll bet you believe that line wholeheartedly and it is the foundation for your elitist theories on wealth distribution.

I'm off topic because this topic is a fucking joke. It's a Hillary tactic to get superdelegates to flock to the Clinton side, of course anything that hurts Barack Obama makes the Republicans perfectly pleased and they are working in tandem on trying to take him down.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
"As it gets closer to "crunch" time, expect the racists (on both sides of the line) to "come out". The ones who know they are, the closet racists, and the "I'm not a racist but" crowd."

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I don't know for a fact that he did say such a thing, and I'd like to believe it's not the case, regardless. Fact is there is racism and bigotry on both sides of the issues and attributable (more or less) to all races.

In some cases it's reactionary racism (as a result of being victims of bigotry on some personal or social level) and in some cases just pure ignorance.

The big question that will be the referendum on the state of our nation is whether or not we as a nation can and will rise above it and give each and every candidate fair consideration, on the basis of his or her platform, proposals, positions, and merit; or are we again going to decide the next president on the basis of something perhaps not so noble.

If we choose the latter course, then maybe once again we'll get exactly what we deserve.

D

deleted15807

But nothing Clinton could have said or done is going to compare to what the RNC is going to say about Obama.

You can believe the Republican Slime Machine is right now loading it's nukes and preparing a shock-and-awe campaign the likes the nation has never seen. Reverand Wright will look like Snow White by the time they are done. They will scorch the earth leaving nothing but ashes. Relentless assualts. Look what Karl Rove did to John McCain in South Carolina in 2000 and he was a fellow Republican. The stories of Obama having sex with nursery school kids while selling them crack cocaine will hit the blogs, then the Rush L., then Fox News, CNN and the daily newspapers.

He will not coast into November.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You can believe the Republican Slime Machine is right now loading it's nukes and preparing a shock-and-awe campaign the likes the nation has never seen. Reverand Wright will look like Snow White by the time they are done. They will scorch the earth leaving nothing but ashes. Relentless assualts. Look what Karl Rove did to John McCain in South Carolina in 2000 and he was a fellow Republican. The stories of Obama having sex with nursery school kids while selling them crack cocaine will hit the blogs, then the Rush L., then Fox News, CNN and the daily newspapers.

He will not coast into November.

Agreed to the fullest.
They're already starting it by calling him immature, unexperienced and naivé on issues regarding the war. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Agreed to the fullest.
They're already starting it by calling him immature, unexperienced and naivé on issues regarding the war. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

well, as much as i dislike the republicans (and the democrats), it is hardly slimy to make a legitimate criticism against your opponent with regards to his foreign policy experience. It is fair game, not to mention true.

Obama is an intelligent, articulate man.

He is however, totally Inexperienced in foreign policy and military affairs, and has no experience, or direct knowledge of what in fact may, or may not be going on at present in Iraq, with regards to strategy, contact with the Iraqi Government etc. etc. etc...so it is a bit naive to be stating what you would do when you do not know what is going on.

legitimate, non-slimy, issue related true criticism is fair game as far as i am concerned, be it levelled by republicans or democrats.

personal attacks and dirty campaigning are a different story.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's just childish. What about the millions and millions who voted for John Kerry? What about the WORLD who was OVERWHELMINGLY for John Kerry in 2004? Hundreds of millions were for John Kerry but they LOST to 51 million. But you move on.

The wants of the world, no matter how overwhelming has no rights or relevance whatsoever to having what they want done in the elections of another sovereign state, be that state the USA or be it Lichtenstein.

hundreds of millions did not lose to 51 million. They lost to zero, because they are not american citizens and have no vote in an American election.

Americans have no right to tell other countries who they should vote for, neither do other countries have the right to do the same.

That is absurd.