Obama's wife is Proud of America...

Supersized

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think she has to be proud to a certian extent if she belived her husband could win the primaries in the first place. I know what she means though. I never thought a black man could get this far in the poles. It makes me less cynical of this country.

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
What she said is just the most despicable thing a person could even think to utter. I'm sorry.

The woman is a moron! People watch every single thing they say in a public forum, so that their opponents can't manipulate them, but she goes straight out and let's them not even have to do it. How stupid could you be? And not even that, how much hatred could you have? I mean, seriously? Just even the notion is disgusting. If she didn't like "SOMETHING" that has been happening, fine. This isn't what she said, and there's no way to change it around to say, "Oh, well I guess she meant this..."

Nick4444, we don't need to hear from an America-hating Party, Republicans, talking about another supposed America hater. People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones. Be gone! The adults are speaking.

griplock22

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I really dont see that big of a deal in what she said.

there isnt a big deal. people just want to make a big deal.
read through some of the replies people have given and tbh most are perfect. i was under the impression that americans were allowed free speech and all that stuff. except mem seems to feel that only applies to speech bigging up america.
so what if she has never been proud of her country till now? not like she said she would rather be a terrorist.
some americans views on 'patriotism' really do baffle me....

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What she said is just the most despicable thing a person could even think to utter. I'm sorry.

Right. Because saying that you are proud of your country is just fucking horrible. :rolleyes: What a bitch. She would've been better off talking about punching babies, huh. :cool:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Right. Because saying that you are proud of your country is just fucking horrible. :rolleyes: What a bitch. She would've been better off talking about punching babies, huh. :cool:

She would have been better saying "this is the first time" I am punching babies. That would be a better analogy.

It's not about her being proud, it's that she's never been proud of her country before, as an adult. As a child she must have been proud all the time.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
She would have been better saying "this is the first time" I am punching babies. That would be a better analogy.

It's not about her being proud, it's that she's never been proud of her country before, as an adult. As a child she must have been proud all the time.

Some people never get the opportunity to feel proud of their country.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not proud of my country either. When is it going to be my turn to get on the news?[/quote]As soon as you go target shooting in the local mall with an AK-47 or have some faux celebs illegitimate child than you too can be the top story on TMZ.com.
So for over 20 years of her adult life she has never been proud of America.
You are such a douche bag sometimes!:mad: OMG! I can't believe I said that, I haven't called anyone a douche bag since the 7th grade.:redface:

NO it is reality. Why stay in a place you hate, when you think there is something better out there? Only a fool would do that.
Remember what Sam Kinison said about Ethiopia. You live in a Fucking desert, go to where the food is. It's funny cause it's true.
The fact you are quoting one of the most unfunny comics ever to live gives me great insight to your character.

Why should everything be so black and white? I am an American by birth and (supposedly) have as much say in its governance as anyone else. If I disagree with the status quo, it's my patriotic duty to work for change.
AMEN!
And perhaps the change will reflect me as a human being for the first time in my life. Perhaps the change I help effectuate will make this country a safer and more inclusive place not just for me but for millions of previously disenfranchised Americans just like me.

Why is your version of the American Dream the only one that matters?
Because he is a douche bag. :smile: Damn, I did it again. :tongue:

You will NOT find a better country ... end of story
Hmm, I would love to retire to Tuscany or the Cinque Terre, but I would never give up my American Citizenship. :unitedstates:

Really? From a guy living in Jersey? I rest my case.
Hey! Back off of Jersey! :mad::cool: New Jersey is much more than toll roads and the Turnpike.

People in public life who speak a lot often make mistakes. I really dont see that big of a deal in what she said.
I didn't get the big fuss either. :confused::rolleyes: Then again I too am a black woman and got what she meant immediately. We sistahs got it like that.:biggrin1:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What she said was a stupid thing for the wife of a Presidential candidate to say. She is a smart lady. She should know better.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — The wife of Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama sought Wednesday to clarify her comment that for the first time she’s really proud of her country.
On Monday, Michelle Obama told an audience in Milwaukee that “For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country. Not just because Barack is doing well, but I think people are hungry for change.” Cindy McCain, wife of Republican presidential contender John McCain, later sought to capitalize on the remark, saying “I have, and always will be, proud of my country.”
Asked by WJAR-TV if she would like to clarify her comment, Obama replied that she has been struck by the number of people going to rallies and watching debates, as well as record voter turnouts.
“What I was clearly talking about was that I’m proud in how Americans are engaging in the political process,” she said.
“For the first time in my lifetime, I’m seeing people rolling up their sleeves in a way that I haven’t seen and really trying to figure this out — and that’s the source of pride that I was talking about,” she added.
When asked if she had always been proud of her country, she replied “absolutely” and said she and her husband would not be where they are now if not for the opportunities of America.
Obama himself gave a similar explanation during an interview Tuesday with WOAI radio in San Antonio, Texas. Expressing frustration that his wife’s remarks had been taken out of context and turned into political fodder, the Illinois senator said, “What she meant was, this is the first time that she’s been proud of the politics of America, because she’s pretty cynical about the political process, and with good reason, and she’s not alone. But she has seen large numbers of people get involved in the process, and she’s encouraged.”
Michelle Obama was campaigning in Rhode Island two weeks before the state’s March 4 primary. She planned a rally later with her brother, Craig Robinson, the coach of the Brown University men’s basketball team.​

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — The wife of Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama sought Wednesday to clarify her comment that for the first time she’s really proud of her country.
On Monday, Michelle Obama told an audience in Milwaukee that “For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country. Not just because Barack is doing well, but I think people are hungry for change.” Cindy McCain, wife of Republican presidential contender John McCain, later sought to capitalize on the remark, saying “I have, and always will be, proud of my country.”
Asked by WJAR-TV if she would like to clarify her comment, Obama replied that she has been struck by the number of people going to rallies and watching debates, as well as record voter turnouts.
“What I was clearly talking about was that I’m proud in how Americans are engaging in the political process,” she said.
“For the first time in my lifetime, I’m seeing people rolling up their sleeves in a way that I haven’t seen and really trying to figure this out — and that’s the source of pride that I was talking about,” she added.
When asked if she had always been proud of her country, she replied “absolutely” and said she and her husband would not be where they are now if not for the opportunities of America.
Obama himself gave a similar explanation during an interview Tuesday with WOAI radio in San Antonio, Texas. Expressing frustration that his wife’s remarks had been taken out of context and turned into political fodder, the Illinois senator said, “What she meant was, this is the first time that she’s been proud of the politics of America, because she’s pretty cynical about the political process, and with good reason, and she’s not alone. But she has seen large numbers of people get involved in the process, and she’s encouraged.”
Michelle Obama was campaigning in Rhode Island two weeks before the state’s March 4 primary. She planned a rally later with her brother, Craig Robinson, the coach of the Brown University men’s basketball team.​

I could have told you that.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mem,

May I ask why this particular comment bothers you so very much?

I felt that the original statement was insulting to people who have always been proud of America.

It does not bother me "very much". I just wanted to add it here as a topic to see what other people's views on it is.

I did not vote in the Primary and I will support whichever Democratic candidate wins the nomination. At this point it looks like Obama will win. I will be happy to have him as President and I hope he can get us out of Iraq (as much as possible) and try to fix the economy.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Now who sounds like a drunken sailor!

Nick4444, we don't need to hear from an America-hating Party, Republicans, talking about another supposed America hater. People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones. Be gone! The adults are speaking.

Well, if you guys can't handle drunken, senseless, emotional, vitriolic drivel, then I shall leave, and take it elsewhere!

There!

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It really just looks like an arrogant "Finally you idiots got it right because we're successful" remark. The fact that she's never proud of America except for when it supports her husband is pathetic. And it's not about change. Obama does NOT and NEVER WILL represent major change; no party and no candidiate does. It just comes off as self-serving and low. There's nothing wrong with protesting America, but that's not why this offends me, and not what the remark seems to give off, though that's obviously its intention

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Whoops... there goes that "A" word. "Arrogant". I remember it well.

Back when we were stomping the grounds for Ernest "Dutch" Morial in his first run for mayor. His opponent (who was every bit as vocal in stating his position, as passionate in his own political perspective) was "decisive" and "informed". Dutch was just "arrogant". (lol)

Think that'll be the Republican buzz word for this campaign?

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
At this point it looks like Obama will win. I will be happy to have him as President and I hope he can get us out of Iraq (as much as possible) and try to fix the economy.
He's already guaranteed both, so you should be quite happy. Perhaps I lack 'hope', but I can't help but think he's busily writing a bunch of checks with his mouth that his ass can't cash. No amount of flowery prose will 'change' the fact that there will still be a do-nothing Congress to contend with right out of the gate.

But I digress...

As for his wife's comment, I think it was most likely an unfortunate choice of words that erupted into her official initiation into the national political scene. You can bet there'll be even closer scrutiny of her future speeches from all directions.