Obligatory Dramatic Exit Thread

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's been fun guys, really.

I joined originally because my then-housemate encourged me to. Lately I've become pretty addicted, which is its own problem. After moderating another forum for 2 years, I promised myself not to get involved with another one. I made your typical addict excuses, "I'll just post once" or "I can quit anytime." But that never works.

My biggest reason is that what I was hoping would remain private (what happened between said member/housemate and I) is now public, and I have no idea how many people he's told in PM. I've learned the hard way that friends on a forum can be very different in person. I simply did not want this to become public in a place where no one can know any side of the story very well.

So I wake up this morning to, "I lost my best friend" as part of the first paragraph in his latest thread. If that's not meaing me, I have no idea who it is. An internet forum is not the place to get such news about oneself.

Further, I'm enraged that I haven't heard from said housemate in a little over a month, and while I've been trying to figure out how to clean up the things that he left behind, he's been having a lot of fun with some new guy. It's not the new guy part that's upsetting, it's that I've heard nothing... NOTHING... for over a month about taking care of the loose ends left here.

My husband and I are selling our house, which makes the removal of an entire garage floor-to-ceiling of his things (that are in trashbags) plus the mess in the apartment downstairs necessary. I can't afford a storage unit right now and I legally can't start pitching things. I think a month is plenty of time to get things together enough to move your stuff out.

I adopted a dog on the promise that he would help me raise it for the first few months. Which didn't happen. I love the dog and he's integrated into our lives nicely, but not without some kinks. The biggest problem, though, is that the dog was born with various intestinal parasites which required medication. At the follow-up visit, I was shocked to learn the parasites had gotten worse, not better. A quick look showed that there were two of three doses of wormer and 11 of 14 days worth of medication that he said he was giving the dog sitting in his desk drawer. Both should have been done long before he left, and the roommate took responsibility to medicate the dog. I was (and am still not) in any shape physically or mentally to spend 14+ hours a day at home alone while my husband works and I care for a toddler and a sick puppy (who is now much sicker and needs more meds than he did at the outset). I think my son might have the intestinal parasite now. It's a huge mess.

I'm ranting. I'm also at the end of my rope. So signing on and reading how lovely life is for JBT while I'm struggling to fix the things he so casually left behind is making me cycle between crying and anger. Would one phonecall have really taken up that much time to figure out what was going to happen with all of his stuff?

I just don't think it's very healthy for me to remain here. This is his board and I don't feel right being here anymore. I'll miss posting, and a lot of you that I PM with, but you can reach me via email or MySpace or whaetver. My email is in my profile and will remain so for a bit I guess.

Oh, and Bryan, when/if you read this, don't call me, don't write me, don't contact me. Deal with Todd via calling him at work or via email if you so wish to take care of anything now.

Bye kids. It's been real or something. I go nuke my profile and not come back.

smoothrnb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry to hear about your circumstances, snoozan. I have enjoyed reading your posts lately and will miss reading them. I sincerely hope the weeks and months ahead are much better for you! Best wishes...

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Snoozan it's been a pleasure reading your posts and the few PMs we have exchanged. Good luck for the future. I hope we see you here again......but that will be your decision to make.

Take Care Dave x

ArtfulDominant

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know you, but I have enjoyed many of your posts, especially the ones of a month ago where you took great pains to illustrate exactly how Photoshop was likely used by a certain member to "convincingly" make an extremely exagerrated claim.

It's regrettable that all members do not have the courtesy and the common sense to realize that ANYTHING said in a PM message with another member
(including real first and/or last names) might be considered very confidential by the person who volunteered the information, however casually they offered up it up. If we find it necessary to reference identifying personal markers in public forums at all -- surely we should ask the potentially offended party first if it is all right to do so.

Unfortunately, appropriate discretion is lacking in many places -- on dry land and all over the Net. This mostly charming community is flawed like everywhere else. If you've made friends here and find yourself missing the camaraderie, I hope you feel comfortable enough to return some day.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Snoozan, you've brought a lot of fun, intelligence, good humor, visual sophistication, and insightful posts to these boards, and your absence here will be tangible.

Good luck with your move and other projects, and if you should stumble across LPSG again at any time in the future, I'm sure a warm penis, erm ... I mean... a warm welcome would be extended to you by a whole bunch of people slapping their hands together with pleasure, like over-excited sealions.

"Live long and prosper," he uttered, geekily. :heart:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I am going to second a lot of what everyone here has said, Snoozan. You may have come here as a guest/newbie... but you quickly became a board favourite. There are a lot of people who will be upset by your choice, but people can understand. You have your reasons. We live by our decisions....

Take care of that baby, I expect to see him here in 20 years, asking about his 20 inch penis and if he photoshopped it correctly. I'll do my best to keep the place clean while you are gone. Should you decide to come back, the board will be waiting and your harem will be full of guys and gals sending you and everyone else, sexual pleasure.:rolleyes:

BTW, if you happen to comeback and read this.... Your email option is disabled.. no one knows how to contact you.

Media
Snoozan, I really hate to see you leave, and over a situation like this. I understand how you feel, and have also left the board under similar reasons, but as many said to me, "Why should you have to give up something you like for someone else's choices?" You've done nothing wrong. One can only respect you for the kindness you freely extended. You belong here, you are valued, you have the support and concern of many who feel you should stay. You have as much right to remain as anyone. Please reconsider. I have just begun to know you, and someone PMd me for your e-mail address because they are so at a loss to see you leave. I wish I could help them contact you because it might help you feel better about yourself and in remaining here. If you do not return, I truly do understand, and will respect your decision, but I really hope you will reconsider and return to where you rightfully belong. You will be sorely missed by many.

I wish you great happiness, success, and love in your life, and people that are deserving of all of those with you.

Sam

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh Snoozan! I am so sorry to see you go. I will keep you and your family, especially your baby and puppy in my prayers for swift and complication free healing. As a fellow depression sufferer I think I "get it" more than most. This is exactly the type of real world experience that can send us spiraling out of control. I hope this doesn't happen for you.

I can only reiterate what those before me have said. You have been a much loved and valuable member and you will be missed. You are also always welcome to return if and when you are ready.

Much love and peace,
njqt466

I am going to second a lot of what everyone here has said, Snoozan. You may have come here as a guest/newbie... but you quickly became a board favourite. There are a lot of people who will be upset by your choice, but people can understand. You have your reasons. We live by our decisions....

Take care of that baby, I expect to see him here in 20 years, asking about his 20 inch penis and if he photoshopped it correctly. I'll do my best to keep the place clean while you are gone. Should you decide to come back, the board will be waiting and your harem will be full of guys and gals sending you and everyone else, sexual pleasure.:rolleyes:

BTW, if you happen to comeback and read this.... Your email option is disabled.. no one knows how to contact you.

Chicago Sam says: Snoozan, I really hate to see you leave, and over a situation like this. I understand how you feel, and have also left the board under similar reasons, but as many said to me, "Why should you have to give up something you like for someone else's choices?" You've done nothing wrong. One can only respect you for the kindness you freely extended. You belong here, you are valued, you have the support and concern of many who feel you should stay. You have as much right to remain as anyone.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No, Snoozan! You can't leave yet! I haven't been here long enough for you to find out that behind my handsome visage and charming demeanor, I'm really a heartbreaking asshole!

OK, seriously though...I always enjoy reading what you have to say, and this place would come down a few notches were you to leave, especially under these circumstances. And judging from the responses above, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Snoozan,

I see that much of what I was going to say has already been expressed very eloquently by others.

But I will add the following:

This is not JBT's board. It is everyone's, and if it's anyone's, it's yours. (I know that was a bit of a convoluted thought, but I hope you understand what I meant).

Your keen intellect, sense of humor, insight, heart, compassion, and unique brand of irreverant sass make you a sparkling gem among the women here.

I know I am supposed to be "PC" and just politely wish you well, but I can't help joining those who have pleaded for you to reconsider.

I know you are at the end of your rope, and rightly so. But I hope when you let go of it, you land here, amongst so many people who love you.

You are a charming and loveable example of a real woman, and it is a privelege to know you.

Holly

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Snoozan, you were a great addition to LPSG and you will most definitely be missed!! You shared so much of yourself so freely, and that endeared many people here, myself included, to you. I hope you will come back to us again sometime in the future!

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not to fret. The "obligatory" in obligatory dramatic exit implies that it's much like the others, which by inductive logic means that it's temporary.
I hope you're right.
Snoozan - I'll guess you're reading how much you will be missed here.Sam pretty much said it all.We understand it's a particularly stressfull time right now and the internet gets very time consuming if you're not careful.
Good luck with everything and you can be assured of a warm welcome should you decide to return.