Observations I have made on LPSG.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Things I have learned here.

I have met many kind, nice, funny people here.

I have met others that are not so kind.

I find here that there are people in a clique. It is like the group of friends that would not welcome a newcomer. Which is fine if that is what they like. Some that are in that clique actually are welcoming.

The mods on here, for the most part, are fair and imparital.

The (stupid) polls that I have created have taught me many things. Especially the one about belief in God and I was surprised by the results of so many Godless heathens that are here (just kidding)
My smoking poll was interesting too, at least to me.
My favorite artist poll created some interesting dicussions, as have my language poll, and some others.

My stupid threads have taught me things too...such as left turn on red is allowed in some states in the U.S.

Many of my threads have started thoughtfull conversations. with flame wars in the middle.

There is one Shameless person on here who I will never trust again. He PMed me with his support (many times), but posted otherwise. At first I took it as him joking, but now I see his true colors.

I have won a few people over.

I have upset people and they have upset me. That is normal here, we do not alway agree.

Another person who I called a truce with recently showed me their true colors, but I ignored it.

Some people come on here only to argue, and leave for days when there is no more flame war going on. They are like the kind of people who drive angry, and if you make a turn in front of them they speed up and beep, or like when you are merging on a highway they speed up and beep. (these are just miserable people, or people who are having a bad day)

A person who can not accept an apology is very sad indeed. When I see that person post, it is not even like a real person to me anymore.

If you do not like a thread or poll the best thing to do is ignore it or not read it. I know that I do not have to read every thread. I do not get upset with others' threads or polls, unless they are intended to insult me directly.

People who correct other peoples spelling or punctuation are sad.

Something is funny as long as it is not you that is being made fun of. Time passes and something that you thought was insulting may be funny later on.

People telling me not to post will not keep me from doing it. Many people have told me via PM not to stop posting.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
If you do not like a thread or poll the best thing to do is ignore it or not read it. I know that I do not have to read every thread. I do not get upset with others' threads or polls, unless they are intended to insult me directly.

People who correct other peoples spelling or punctuation are sad.

People telling me not to post will not keep me from doing it. Many people have told me via PM not to stop posting.
Damn I got 3 of the bunch! Niice! hahaaaa

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I try not to be involved in cliques, I say what I feel about the post regardless of who made it, I might strongly disagree with some posts by someone that doesn't mean that I'll disagree with all of their posts. We were all newbies once and it can be hard to be 'accepted' but I don't think it's really that there's a clique, it's more that people are reluctant to waste time communicating with someone who might be a flash in the pan, here today and gone tomorrow.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't know if I would use the word clique, but there are some who have gotten in the habit of jumping on Mem, and others follow the lead. They would certainly appear as a clique to the person being so treated. I am not as quick at noticing behaviour patterns as some.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think you're doing the lord's work, Mem. Keep it up. There are alot of bullies on here and it's to be expected in a semi-anonymous group setting, but all you have to do is dust the hate off your shoulders and keep it moving. Also, you can ignore those who you don't like. It's just like in real life!

Eva

Experimental Member
Media
Mem, is this your first message board experience?

I've posted, moderated, admined, and owned message boards for the last 10ish years. (Off and on, mind you--not all at once. I'm not THAT much of a multitasker!) I have to say that LPSG is a bit similar to the "typical" message board experience.

That said, while it's similar, I think that it's a more functional, thinking, cooperative environment than you'll find in most other message boards out there. The last site I owned and ran was a veritable catbox of bitchery. Granted, it was a women-centric site and that tends to lead to more sensitivity and thus fighting, but our main demographic was such that I didn't expect such childish fights that cropped up now and again.

LPSG, as with any message board, is a stew of people. Sometimes our ingredients mix well and made delicious things. (There's a total jizz metaphor in here somewhere.) Sometimes there's too much pepper and not enough broth. It happens anywhere you go online where people come together to post. Personalities clash. Some people are better with the written word than others and can therefore express themselves in a manner that is less "fuck you" even when they mean "fuck you, and fuck you all over again!" Some people are speaking a language that is not their native tongue. Clashes are inevitable.

While it may seem I just jumped into the forums here and went crazy, the truth is that I lurked for a bit, and then posted tentatively to see how new people and ideas were received. That's my stock rule. Lurk. Post softly. Lurk more. Then dive in. But always be prepared to eat your words or explain yourself in depth. And always be prepared for people to just simply not like you. It sucks, but it happens.

The anonymity of message boards sometimes allows for a big degree of assholery but I have to say that I don't find that's the case very often here at all. I think that the majority of the anonymous icky stuff is just lying about penis size. (I have a 48 inch dick! It's 26 inches wide! Can you handle that baby?! --Sorry dude, try the Oceanic Mammals forum two doors down on the left.)

I do find that the core of posters on this board are a breed of higher functioning human beings than are usually prevalent on message boards. I think they're more intelligent, often more eloquent, and very self aware. People here seem to be confident and not afraid to express their opinions or debate said opinions. By comparison to other places on the internet, it's a staggering difference and I mean that in the best possible way. With exception to our general silliness, I think this is the most adult forum I've ever participated in.

I certainly never thought a cock size forum would land me in the middle of an incredibly intelligent and interesting group of people. I'm quite pleased about the whole thing!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Didn't we just have a whole "clique" thread, about a month ago, where all of this was pretty much dispelled? I believe it was by Big Dirge, and most people agreed that the cliques are way more a perception, than a reality.

I would think that the people deeply entrench in the clique is the first to deny it. no one specifically. I don't mean just here either, cliques in real life too.

Maybe clique was the wrong word, or maybe some are offended by the word.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mem, is this your first message board experience?

, the truth is that I lurked for a bit, and then posted tentatively to see how new people and ideas were received. That's my stock rule. Lurk. Post softly. Lurk more. Then dive in.

No, it isn't my first experience. But I find that the people that have been at a message board a long time tend to flame newcomers on most boards. It's always the same thing, you post too much, we discussed that already....

I just dove right in. No lurking. Nobody knows me in real life here. I am outspoken, opinionated and here to have fun.

I do find people on here more tolerant and intelligent than other boards.

stan the bat

Just Browsing
Media
I just dove right in. No lurking. Nobody knows me in real life here. I am outspoken, opinionated and here to have fun.
That was your mistake. You probably ran into an established board culture, and violated its essential precepts before you even bothered to learn what they were.

Others are here to have fun, too. If their idea of fun differs from yours, who do you think should take the heat?

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
That was your mistake. You probably ran into an established board culture, and violated its essential precepts before you even bothered to learn what they were.

Others are here to have fun, too. If their idea of fun differs from yours, who do you think should take the heat?
Don't go getting all logical and stuff, Stan. I might develop a crush. :wink:

Eva

Experimental Member
Media
I think you're gonna find "cliques" everywhere though. I hate that word--I don't think it really encompasses the right feeling.

Anyway--they do happen. These people have been posting together for a while already. We're new meat. We have to go through the standard trial period to show that we're not cuntmonkeyassholes, that we're not ignorant (at least, not about everything), and that we do have value to add to this whole thing.

It's a feeling-out process, just like making friends outside the monitor box. And I think it would be hard to argue that cliques don't exist in just about every facet of life.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

4 posts you must be a MULT.

No mistake here. I have made some mistakes here. I don't think not lurking was one of them.

No one should take the heat. there is no heat to be taken.

For your 4th post you sure did jump in with both feet first, in fact it looks like you did a belly-flop. Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.

I post what I want to post, you do the same.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You are such a friggin drama queen, just shut up about the big meanies, will you? (No)
Thnx.

I think you are the Queen "B". You are a very hate filled person and I feel sorry for you findfirefox.